Sponsored

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
Can't tell from the photo but I had DWS06+ as well put on Monday and they are available in OEM sizes (265/30/19). I've had both DWS06+ and Michelin A/S 4 on various cars and they are both fantastic in actually all conditions. I guarantee most folk would not be able to tell the difference between these and the PS4S under most circumstances, even when driving hard. I am a bit of a Michelin fanboy and would have selected the A/S 4 over the Continentals, but the A/S 4 is not available in OEM size; I think the closest they come in is 255/35. I won't lose sleep over having the Continentals forced on me, they're great too.

But this car in particular because everything happens with the front wheels, it is just plain not fun to drive when it's below 50, and it gets exponentially worse the colder it gets. God forbid there's a splash of water on the ground. The Continentals solve all of that.

I kept my PS4S just in case I want to throw them back on in the spring, but ideally I'll have identified a set of wheels I can put a 200 TW tire on for summer shenanigans and the Continentals on the OEM wheels would become my winter set.
Those Conti DWS have good reviews on TireRack comparisons.

When i was still living in the Northeast, on my BMW M235, i optioned it with summer tires (Michelin Pilot Super Sports at the time). It was my first nice, sporty car so i wanted the most/best features/performance--cars optioned with run flat all seasons were ECU speed-limited to 130 mph IIRC vs 150mph with the summer tires. Anyway, I was familiar with the seasonal dance of swapping tires/wheels but it got to be annoying at times.

Before i moved to California, i sold my winter wheel and tire set, got rid of the Pilot Super Sports (which only had maybe 10K miles on them), and put on Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3, and now subsequently Pilot Sport A/S4. Honestly, the A/S4's are great and i don't have to worry about temps at all and even took my BMW coupe (xdrive) for skiing in Lake Tahoe a few seasons ago (light snow on ground at times, but nothing deep or heavy). Although temps are moderate here, even in the Bay Area, the past few mornings have started out in the high 30's-low 40's. For fear of these temps with the Integra's PS4S tires, I've kept the BMW outside and the Integra in the garage, which isn't heated nor well insulated either (i used an IR thermometer on tires and it showed 46F when stored inside overnight and the ambient temp outside was 39F). I don't have garage space for both cars and no room to store another set of wheels. Wondering about tire size as i probably want a tire with some more sidewall down the line (for comfort and also to minimize risk of damaging wheels on poor pavement) and all-seasons just to avoid having to worry about temps. Maintaining similar tire widths, on 19 inch wheels, 35 profile/AR tires would probably increased the diameter/circumference altering the suspension and accuracy of the speedometer. However, on 18 inch wheels, 35 aspect ratio tires have nearly the same diameter/circumference as the stock Integra setup and i believe A/S4's are more available in the 18 inch size.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Those Conti DWS have good reviews on TireRack comparisons.

When i was still living in the Northeast, on my BMW M235, i optioned it with summer tires (Michelin Pilot Super Sports at the time). It was my first nice, sporty car so i wanted the most/best features/performance--cars optioned with run flat all seasons were ECU speed-limited to 130 mph IIRC vs 150mph with the summer tires. Anyway, I was familiar with the seasonal dance of swapping tires/wheels but it got to be annoying at times.

Before i moved to California, i sold my winter wheel and tire set, got rid of the Pilot Super Sports (which only had maybe 10K miles on them), and put on Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3, and now subsequently Pilot Sport A/S4. Honestly, the A/S4's are great and i don't have to worry about temps at all and even took my BMW coupe (xdrive) for skiing in Lake Tahoe a few seasons ago (light snow on ground at times, but nothing deep or heavy). Although temps are moderate here, even in the Bay Area, the past few mornings have started out in the high 30's-low 40's. For fear of these temps with the Integra's PS4S tires, I've kept the BMW outside and the Integra in the garage, which isn't heated nor well insulated either (i used an IR thermometer on tires and it showed 46F when stored inside overnight and the ambient temp outside was 39F). I don't have garage space for both cars and no room to store another set of wheels. Wondering about tire size as i probably want a tire with some more sidewall down the line (for comfort and also to minimize risk of damaging wheels on poor pavement) and all-seasons just to avoid having to worry about temps. Maintaining similar tire widths, on 19 inch wheels, 35 profile/AR tires would probably increased the diameter/circumference altering the suspension and accuracy of the speedometer. However, on 18 inch wheels, 35 aspect ratio tires have nearly the same diameter/circumference as the stock Integra setup and i believe A/S4's are more available in the 18 inch size.
All of which is true.

You could just move to SoCal and run summers year round.

Also, I used to stress out about keeping summer tire temps above 45 at all times. I don't think that makes a lick of difference- especially if left on the wheel. Maybe if left on the car for long periods you can develop flat spots... but according to most sources I've found, the tires have to be kept below 20 for at least 24 hours to impact the actual compound of the tire.

I'd be more worried about stacking the tires vs storing vertically during storage than letting the temps fall below 40 but above 20. Far more.

Sponsored

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
just thought of this, but shipping is going to be waaaay cheaper from the Fitcamx website than Mikstore
I bought it from MIk and it was $50 shaper then from Fitmax including shipping.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Sponsored

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
The kit from MIKSTORE doesn't come with everything? I need to buy an additional cable?
"dome light cable" for $16? Can you share a link where to buy?
It's in the drop down

Screenshot_20231129-223649.png

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Saw a LCM type S this morning in the austin suburbs. Wasn’t in mine so don’t think they understood my wave 🤪. Got an image from the cars cameras. Looks really good

IMG_4750.jpeg
Sponsored