• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
I didn’t pre-order at the Acura pre-order website as my preferred dealer was not on there. I know from almost buying a TLX Type S that my dealer is an Acura corporate owned dealership that never charges over MSRP. So I put $500 down on an incoming allotment that they had for May. I figure since the website was just a relay system anyway that it’s the same basic incoming alotment order process.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I reserved the A spec in Liquid Carbon. No call from the dealer yet, have 5 dealers withing 100 miles. Is it possible to switch the reservation to another dealer if they screw with the price?

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
Just call them up directly and get $500 down on an incoming allotment. Then get the website money refunded if need be.

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
HI everyone, new member here!
I was first 500, ordered the White with Red interior. I have never considered signing up for this type of pre-launch purchase because I'm really picky, and want to test drive, worry about the model year for a new model, and know that typical discounts available after launch won't be available. My wife and I test drove a 2019 RDX shortly after the launch, and were very happy with the one we ordered (Blue over Grey Advance).
So my confidence is high! My current BMW fun car I will sell if this Integra works out is dark grey with red interior, and just beautiful. So I was tempted on the grey and red integra. But opted for a change to go to the white exterior. I'm a bit concerned about the red-ness of the interior. The Bimmer is a tasteful mix of red with black.
20201119_170124.jpg

It's really stupid that the marketing pictures of the colors are all shadowy, making it hard to know what your are ordering.
My dealer contacted me shortly after my reservation, and has verbally committed to MSRP plus $199 doc fee.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Figured I'd share some more "My dealer told me" info. Should it be true... it might be useful to others.

I called my dealer today to confirm that they're ordering a white with black interior for me. They confirmed that the first run preorders can only be ordered by the dealer in the combos offered on the reservation page. But he also confirmed that they can simply defer my reservation to next week when regular orders open up, and order the color/options I want then. He said they're anticipating a late-May delivery on vehicles ordered next week.

Again, could all be dealer misinformation and I'll end up with red seats. But based on my experience with this process with other brands (ie, Ford), that's exactly what I'd expect.

So if any of you guys who reserved are willing to wait an extra few weeks, it would seem you can use your reservation "place in line" to have your dealer order whatever you want.
I find that logistically hard to believe. First off the regular orders from dealers with full color options are several months away. All preorders will be delivered before that happens. Someone who wants a different combo but took the one given to them by Acura to be an early adopter isn’t going to be slapped in the face and have another person who ordered 2 weeks later get the combo they want, before the early adopter even has their car.

Second, Acura preorders are not like fords at all. Acura controls the allocations based on reservations. Dealers are not getting extra allocations right now. The dealer then has to order what was reserved. There is no deferment of reservation. They’ll order the white with red. They have to. When it comes you can let it go and continue to wait for regular orders to get a different color combo. And then wait for that to arrive. Which will probably be fall/winter. But that new order will no longer be attached to your reservation and if you got the NFT you won’t be able to transform it since you didn’t take delivery of what you preordered.

All preorders first run or tenth run will be the combo online. The only way to get a different combo is to wait. A long time. For preorders to close and ship and regular orders to open.

I hate being the party pooper. But the misinformation coming from these sales guys is embarrassing to the brand.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I think it's awesome you are able to get info like this from your dealer. Makes me wonder why some dealers "have info" while some seem not to. Like we all posited before, this is the Halo car for Acura, war and earthquakes aside, they are going to pump out as many as possible to ensure they are creating that market.

It is great if they are actually running through initial orders and starting to take new ones that soon. The Podcast did mention something similar. I guess we can expect the dealer demos end of April or so and first orders to be delivered end of May, beginning of June.

My personal question is how long until you will start seeing integra's that aren't ordered and can just pay a markup and buy :D:D
Unfortunately most of the dealers that “have info” are making it up as they go. And the worst part is the people making it up don’t seem very intelligent since they contradict themselves in their own tale. Lol. Saying preorders have to be ordered as they were reserved. But only the first round. Then regular orders open and they can order your preorder with different combos? That’s no longer a preorder then. It’s a regular order. ?‍♂

Didn’t the podcast also say only manuals were getting ordered first and CVT preorders got the back seat? That was proven false since one Florida dealer already announced their first allocation was for 23 units. Mostly CVT. Plus my CVT was ordered last Monday and today my dealer sent me Acura’s actual order confirmation.

To answer your question it’ll be a while. Dealers can’t order any integras that aren’t attached to a reservation. Nothing extra. So every integra ordered until preorders close will be a reserved integra. Then regular orders will open where you can walk into a dealer and order and the dealer can order units to put on the lots. But that’s several months away. They will ship all preorders before that opens up.

Last edited:

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
Unfortunately the most of dealers that “have info” are making it up as they go. And the worst part is the people making it up don’t seem very intelligent since they contradict themselves in their own tale. Lol. Saying preorders have to be ordered as they were reserved. But only the first round. Then regular orders open and they can’t order your preorder with different combos? That’s no longer a preorder then. It’s a regular order. ?‍♂
part of why I got so mad and pulled my reservation from the dealer. I told him I rather wait until the type S comes out and he said they would move my $500 to that. I’m like “dude…not a lick of info has come out on it…”

I am fine now that I have a daily and if there’s any whiff of nonsense concerning total cost, I’ll just bow out again. The car market, while still hot, is a bit more focused and if a large Acura dealer only had two reservations I’m not too worried about getting one

you can charge over MSRP all day but someone has to be willing to pay it. I think the populous for that is the smallest it’s been

my ‘21 GLB 250 I picked up this weekend was a CPO loaner with the full extended warranty and 10% below market for example

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
part of why I got so mad and pulled my reservation from the dealer. I told him I rather wait until the type S comes out and he said they would move my $500 to that. I’m like “dude…not a lick of info has come out on it…”

I am fine now that I have a daily and if there’s any whiff of nonsense concerning total cost, I’ll just bow out again. The car market, while still hot, is a bit more focused and if a large Acura dealer only had two reservations I’m not too worried about getting one

you can charge over MSRP all day but someone has to be willing to pay it. I think the populous for that is the smallest it’s been

my ‘21 GLB 250 I picked up this weekend was a CPO loaner with the full extended warranty and 10% below market for example
Acura sent your $500 to the dealer. So they can work out any deal with you. They can “move” that $500 to a type s. BUT that isn’t moving your reservation. Technically your reservation is canceling. But they’re holding the $500 for another car (Which will probably have its own preorder through Acura’s site, so I’d just get your refund). Same thing as long_road. He can wait and his dealer can move the money toward a regular dealer order. But it won’t be attached to his preorder. Downsides to that are loss of NFT and waiting. A long time.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I reserved the A spec in Liquid Carbon. No call from the dealer yet, have 5 dealers withing 100 miles. Is it possible to switch the reservation to another dealer if they screw with the price?
Just call them up directly and get $500 down on an incoming allotment. Then get the website money refunded if need be.
Doesn’t work like that Neo. You were able to put money down direct with the dealer for their unspoken for allocation because they’re a corporate dealer that didn’t opt in to the preorder. Dealers that opt in can only order what was reserved. None extra. Dealers that didn’t opt in still get allotment and orders go through them directly.

Since integra23 preordered from the site, that money and res is locked to that dealer. Their allocation is based on it and most likely it’s already ordered. Most dealers placed orders last week. Sales reps that said they haven’t most likely just aren’t aware. And not having heard from them isn’t the end of the world. There isn’t much to say. You reserved. They ordered. They’ll call when it arrives most likely. You can have that dealer refund and preorder again through the site to another dealer while they are still opened (would not recommend if you got the NFT). But he wouldn’t be able to move it. And unless another local dealer of his opted out, they won’t have allocation for people who didn’t go through the site.

long_road

First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Accord, Jeep Wrangler, Nissan Hardbody
He can wait and his dealer can move the money toward a regular dealer order. But it won’t be attached to his preorder. Downsides to that are loss of NFT and waiting. A long time.
And this may well be what my dealer did. Maybe they just kept my $500 and put me on the regular order list, essentially cancelling my "preorder". Dunno for sure. Regardless, I don't care if it means waiting an extra few weeks or months. I'm at least still at the "front of the line", so to speak, for getting an order placed for the vehicle I really want. Couldn't care less about NFTs, etc. I honestly don't necessarily want the first new vehicle to roll off an assembly line anyway. Ha. Let 'em work out some kinks first.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
And this may well be what my dealer did. Maybe they just kept my $500 and put me on the regular order list, essentially cancelling my "preorder". Dunno for sure. Regardless, I don't care if it means waiting an extra few weeks or months. I'm at least still at the "front of the line", so to speak, for getting an order placed for the vehicle I really want. Couldn't care less about NFTs, etc. I honestly don't necessarily want the first new vehicle to roll off an assembly line anyway. Ha. Let 'em work out some kinks first.
Perfect. So for you it works out great. I just wanted to make sure it was explained right so you didn’t miss something you wanted. And good point on the first off the line. Hopefully they’re all good.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
For reservations no but once you can physically order one yes