• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

The Seats

Dubers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic Si
Anxiously awaiting my DE5 allocation and reading reviews is helping the time pass.
Has anyone here come from an 11th gen Si? The si seats are great, and the FL5 seats even better, but the its seats seem to be a spot of bother for some reviewers, especially during track runs. How do you guys find the seats?

OP
OP
Dubers

Dubers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic Si
I donā€™t think the Canadian market has been blessed with a huge allocation. My PWP order is being built in June šŸ¤ž

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Ahh a northern. Yous guys still got it cold up there ? You plan to run the ITS year round?
we might have available cars but you guys get the heated wheel.

OP
OP
Dubers

Dubers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic Si
Itā€™s pretty mild here in southern Ontario. Only have a handful of decent snowfalls a year so I might run it year round.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
The seats are fine, not awesome, not bad. They are also mostly adequate on track. You'll probably be bracing yourself a bit here and there, but they weren't a bother to me. Fabric is really grippy, and they look decent too. I would rather have something more aggressive, but they're a decent blend for daily driver plus a few track days a year.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
The seats are only a point of contention because they're not the Type R seats.

Seriously, no one would be having this conversation if there wasn't the Type R being a blindingly obvious comparison, the seats being the major differentiator.

As with most subjective topics, you will get a variety of opinions. But overall, the seats are FINE.

DukeFrisbee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Shelby GT350, VW Golf R, Jeep 4xE
The seats are only a point of contention because they're not the Type R seats.

Seriously, no one would be having this conversation if there wasn't the Type R being a blindingly obvious comparison, the seats being the major differentiator.

As with most subjective topics, you will get a variety of opinions. But overall, the seats are FINE.
Agreed. I think theyā€™re excellent. The majority that complain canā€™t/donā€™t drive beyond these seats capabilities anyway. They just want the visual cues. I ran an S2000 numerous times at Sebring and Homestead with stock seats and while there were many things I could do to be a better/faster driver, better seats wouldnā€™t even make a top 10 list.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I agree with the above.

Also something to note: while the FL5 seats are fantastic, they're fantastic for the driver... not so much for the average passenger, as the aggressive bolstering can feel like a little much when you aren't the one eagerly ripping through turns and are just trying to relax while getting chauffeured from A to B.
And, if your passenger doesn't fit the proportions of the seat, they're likely to feel very uncomfortable. (I say this as someone that, personally, prefers the FL5 seats.)

OP
OP
Dubers

Dubers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic Si
I find the 11 gen Si seats absolutely destroy me after about 2 hours. They just do something to my hips / thighs that is painful. I much prefer the seats in my ITS.
I totally get that, they can sometimes leave me a bit uncomfortable but are good enough for my 25 minute commute to work. How would you compare the bolstering in the Si vs the ITS?

mopar_man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S, Durango R/T, Civic Si
I totally get that, they can sometimes leave me a bit uncomfortable but are good enough for my 25 minute commute to work. How would you compare the bolstering in the Si vs the ITS?
We have an 11th gen Si as an FYI, and I would say the seats in the Si are much more rigidly bolstered. They donā€™t bother me for quicker trips - itā€™s really a 90 minute plus thing. I have not had either vehicle on a track, but I really just donā€™t think for daily driving this is even an issue. Unless youā€™re taking on/off ramps at serious speeds I canā€™t imagine wanting more from these ITS seats. I took a 7 hour one way trip in the ITS and short of filling up with gas and grabbing a water, I didnā€™t feel fatigued or sore at all from the seats. I cannot say the same with the Si.

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Just buy the Mugen seats for the Type R and put them in the Type S šŸ˜‚

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Seats are fine like everyone is saying. I find them snug enough which my guess means I wouldn't fit in the Type R seats. All reviewers who have raved about those seat seem to be sub 200lbs. You can always swap them in. I have seen FK8 swapped in online. But for a daily I like the feel of the ITS seats and are comfortable for 500+ mile road trips. Now the tiny fuel tank..

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
To sum this up: people will complain that they aren't type R seats and aren't nearly aggressive enough, and then with the next breath complain that they don't have memory settings.

I have never thought about the seats while sitting in them in any way, which I think is a good thing