• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rear seats. Miami

Emunoz

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LCM ITS
Anyone with a newish Aspec and red interior want to swap rear seats with an ITS?

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
Maybe Im exaggerating but making a 4 passenger into a 5 passenger can provide candy for lawsuits if people get hurt in an accident and your vehicle was loaded.

I would love to have 3 seats in the back but knowing how predatory lawyers and even police can be. I wouldn't even think about it.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Maybe Im exaggerating but making a 4 passenger into a 5 passenger can provide candy for lawsuits if people get hurt in an accident and your vehicle was loaded.

I would love to have 3 seats in the back but knowing how predatory lawyers and even police can be. I wouldn't even think about it.
Who are you driving that will sue you?
Sounds like your better off not let them in the car. I would pull all seats but the driver seat to remove temptations.

OP
OP
Emunoz

Emunoz

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LCM ITS
Sounds like your better off not let them in the car. I would pull all seats but the driver seat to remove temptations.
Haha. How did you find someone for your exchange? They only took off the seat to save weight for tracking the car and I'm not gonna be tracking it like that I rather the extra seat in case I need it.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Ya hurt anyone bad enough in a car accident and they could sue you--the system rewards bad behavior.

On the criminal side, I can't find anything that suggests there's anything illegal about modifying your car to hold more passengers. If you've got proper restraints (like @Integra23) for each passenger, the 4th passenger likely won't be the first thing that drew police attention. Check with your state, and don't exceed the load rating.

On the civil side, every passenger you carry is an additional risk of suit. If you added a seat (or seatbelt) and exceeded the load capacity and it was the proximate cause of an accident or failure of some kind, you just might be facing a lawsuit for negligence... but that'll likely be just one of many accusations of negligence in the lawsuit(s).

Let's be real, it's not difficult to exceed the load rating with just 4 people (we've got some big people), weigh the risks, don't be careless, and stay mindful of the load rating based on your passengers, not the number of passengers.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Ya hurt anyone bad enough in a car accident and they could sue you--the system rewards bad behavior.

On the criminal side, I can't find anything that suggests there's anything illegal about modifying your car to hold more passengers. If you've got proper restraints (like @Integra23) for each passenger, the 4th passenger likely won't be the first thing that drew police attention. Check with your state, and don't exceed the load rating.

On the civil side, every passenger you carry is an additional risk of suit. If you added a seat (or seatbelt) and exceeded the load capacity and it was the proximate cause of an accident or failure of some kind, you just might be facing a lawsuit for negligence... but that'll likely be just one of many accusations of negligence in the lawsuit(s).

Let's be real, it's not difficult to exceed the load rating with just 4 people (we've got some big people), weigh the risks, don't be careless, and stay mindful of the load rating based on your passengers, not the number of passengers.
Once again.. are you Carrying 4 passengers that aren't immediate family?
Restraints mount and secure the same way. Nothing is different other than tire ratings.
Now the current Type S load capacity could be exceeded with just one passenger.
I would hope you weigh each person entering the vehicle because 3 additional adults in this vehicle isn't possible.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Are you suggesting immediate family won't sue? 😆
I would hope not especially if they live with you. They might have to find a new place.
Maybe make sure they have health insurance before entering the vehicle.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I would hope not especially if they live with you. They might have to find a new place.
Maybe make sure they have health insurance before entering the vehicle.
You're not willing to pull out a scale to weigh each passenger before they get in, but you're asking for proof of insurance? A solid hold-harmless agreement never hurts.

Kidding, of course, and I have zero issue with your extra seat. There are millions riskier modifications people make to cars.