• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Heated Seats not warm enough?

nicodimas

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec Tech CVT, White/Red
So my heated seat settings... I don't feel the low setting, like at all. Then the middle and high setting seem like they should be low and medium. I kinda thought, oh, it's just what it is. But my husband just bought the new CR-V and those seats get hella hot on high. Anyone else been thinking their Integra seats don't get hot?

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
The seats in my Integra A-spec Tech heat up nicely, better than other Japanese cars I've owned. I was attributing this to the suede.
My European cars get hotter than the Integra. It could be a function of other cars you are used to.
Are you experiencing the same temperature on both seats?

OP
OP
nicodimas

nicodimas

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The seats in my Integra A-spec Tech heat up nicely, better than other Japanese cars I've owned. I was attributing this to the suede.
My European cars get hotter than the Integra. It could be a function of other cars you are used to.
Are you experiencing the same temperature on both seats?
I hadn't thought to try the passenger seat, LOL.
My previous car was a 2018 Subaru Legacy... those seats got HOT. Most of the time, I would put it on high and have to turn it down.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I hadn't thought to try the passenger seat, LOL.
My previous car was a 2018 Subaru Legacy... those seats got HOT. Most of the time, I would put it on high and have to turn it down.
That's exactly what I do every time. Start on high, then after it gets warm enough turn it down to medium or low. Usually, I end up just turning it off, though

6mtJak

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra Aspec 6mt
I agree - in my 23 Integra the seats are "warm" on high, probably warm enough - though in my 2014 Yukon they were much hotter.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
First time with heated seats. I find high is good for the first 15 mins then I put it on medium

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I agree - in my 23 Integra the seats are "warm" on high, probably warm enough - though in my 2014 Yukon they were much hotter.
Similar experience here. 18 sierra - those would fry your butt.

Integra - warm enough to feel on high, don't bother with other settings myself.

I had a 2006 mini Cooper S with heated seats but that was so long ago I can't compare anymore.

IMO even warm heated seats are better than no heated seats.

theonyx_bear

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec
I’m glad some one else noticed and posted about this. I too think the seats are not warm enough. Exact same experience; cannot feel anything on low and high is just warm enough.

OP
OP
nicodimas

nicodimas

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’m glad some one else noticed and posted about this. I too think the seats are not warm enough. Exact same experience; cannot feel anything on low and high is just warm enough.
When I go in for my oil change, I'll ask Acura about it. Someone else suggested testing out the passenger seat; I still need to do that.

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
I've had heated seats for decades. Preferred has always been to turn on low when winter starts and leave on low. Comfortable for all but the hottest or coldest days. Then turn off sometime in the spring. I like when I can turn on and they stay on, like my Saab. That didn't work in the Bimmer, I had to reactivate each start. All of these cars had/have leather seating. Low even works fine when I occasionally ride in my wife's RDX.

On the Integra, that didn't work. I turn on to medium and leave it on. I think that is even a bit lower than low on other cars. my wife complains that high isn't warm enough, although she has felt the same way with other high settings occasionally.

TL : DR Agreed, seat heat is not as warm as others I've used.

2006rsx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX. Also owned a 1998 GS-R
i've seen the same complaints in other places on the forum. I agree they do not get hot, and after being on high for a while, they lower themselves.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
i've seen the same complaints in other places on the forum. I agree they do not get hot, and after being on high for a while, they lower themselves.
I've noticed this as well.

Wheats027

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Civic Type R/23 Integra 6spd
They definitely don't get warm enough. Sometimes its barely noticeable that they are on.
Big shame considering its one of the options that was now missing from the Civic Si, that would make you want to buy an Integra.

Tylershuman07

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
It’s the suede. It doesn’t conduct heat nearly as well as leather would.

zendude000

First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec w/Tech Pkg. 6SP MT
I have no issues with my heated seats. What I have noticed is that the heat intensity depends on how cold it is outside. Living in the Minneapolis area, we have plenty of days with temps in the single digits or below 0. The heated seats are blessing!

I've observed that when it is in those colder temps (single digits or below 0) when the setting is on high, the seats get pretty hot. It automatically switches to medium and low the longer I drive. However when it is say 25 degrees out, and I have the setting on high, it doesn't get as hot as it did when it was below 0.

I purchased my Integra in early November. Most of the time the temps were in the 30's to 40's for the rest of the month. When I first tried the heated seats, they didn't get as warm as I thought they would. I figured I would wait until December and January when it would get colder and see how the seats did then. The colder it was, the hotter the seats would get. Just my two cents.