• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Does anyone else have dimples/waves on their seats?

wj4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-SPEC Tech
Hi all,

The attached dimple formed on the driver seat. The car has a little under 3k miles on it. I'm a slender guy at that so I don't have issues getting in/out and put force on the seat. I have no idea where it came from.

I'm scheduled to go to the dealership next week to get my squeaking seat checked out and will have them advise on this as well. I figure I want to ask the group anyways.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

IMG_5620.jpg

IMG_5621.jpg

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I haven't seen that on mine. I have 16k miles so far.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I've yet to see anything. 4200mi and 8mo. in. Will keep an eye out. Looks like an issue with the foam insert collapsing. Wonder if it's a mfg defect or a packaging issue. Let us know what the dealer says!

OP
OP

wj4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the replies, folks. From the small sample size...it seems the problem is rather common.

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S
My 18 year old RSX doesn't have any. Has the seat quality decreased over the last few decades?

OP
OP

wj4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My 18 year old RSX doesn't have any. Has the seat quality decreased over the last few decades?
My prior car was a 2010 TSX. I bought it new and put around 170K miles on it. It was still going strong and worked flawlessly. I couldn't pass the smog test last year and didn't want to spend money on a new cat system so I sold it. The TSX did not have that issue on the sides of the lumbar support, just worn out seat from all the usage.

The build quality of the Integra is poorer from my TSX, IE more noticeable gaps between panels. But I get it, with all the tech they put in the new cars, something has to give for them to price them relatively low.

My work cars have been Ford & Chevy...none of them have this issue as well. Although they do have other issues (LOL).

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
11 months 16k miles
Maybe the extra weight and width of the driver helps?😂

PXL_20230503_114326056.jpg

solman

First Name
Sol
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra ASPEC 6MT TECH, 2011 Ford F250
I have a small dent in the same spot as well. I notice as I turn to exit the vehicle my left elbow hits the seat in that exact spot. I think this is what might be the cause of the dimple, at least in my case.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Just curious if everyone has the red interior here? Check your build date and compare also.

OP
OP

wj4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey guys,

I picked up a loaner today. It has around 300 miles on it and it has the same dent, lol. This car is already beat up with marks and scratches on various panels. Poor car.

IMG_5667.jpg

OP
OP

wj4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have a small dent in the same spot as well. I notice as I turn to exit the vehicle my left elbow hits the seat in that exact spot. I think this is what might be the cause of the dimple, at least in my case.
Ah I see. It's not the case for me, it's way lower than where my elbow would hit. And the loaner I picked up today with 300ish miles got the same dent.