• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

After market powered seats?

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Do you think we will have any options for replacement seats for the ITS?

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
Hard to say. Lots of aftermarket manufacturers won’t want to deal with the liabilities associated with new/modified seat brackets/parts.

I personally believe it would probably be easier to purchased the A-Spec Tech powered seat brackets and integrated them in the ITS.

Mike

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Hard to say. Lots of aftermarket manufacturers won’t want to deal with the liabilities associated with new/modified seat brackets/parts.

I personally believe it would probably be easier to purchased the A-Spec Tech powered seat brackets and integrated them in the ITS.

Mike
IMO, the seats are the weak link in the ITS, they are ok, but hard, stiff and not as premium feeling as they could be.
They aren't great as comfortable seats and they aren't great as bolstered seats, they are just kind of meh.. for both.
So, I had hoped maybe an aftermarket would arise whereas we could have the option of replacement seats with power and heat and the same for the passenger. My other thought was maybe have someone take them apart, ad better foams, and padding, sort of rejuvenate them.

Last edited:

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
Over 3 hrs straight going home after purchase and I just dont get this seat issue.....Other than I feel like on the ground compared to how high the Ford Focus RS seats are.. Now those recaros where tight on my american size frame until I broke them in.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
IMO, the seats are the weak link in the ITS, they are ok, but hard, stiff and not as premium feeling as they could be.
They aren't great as comfortable seats and they aren't great as bolstered seats, they are just kind of meh.. for both.
So, I had hoped maybe an aftermarket would arise whereas we could have the option of replacement seats with power and heat and the same for the passenger. My other thought was maybe have someone take them apart, ad better foams, and padding, sort of rejuvenate them.
Is the age.
Slap a seat cushion and forget about it.
https://a.co/d/asdOYvc
:D:D:D

Padre Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec, Tech. MT
There are companies like Recaro and Sparco that sell aftermarket buckets. You can spend $$$ but if it means a seat that fit….back in the 70’s I installed Recaro buckets in my 1976 Capri II-S and when I sold the car I put the OEM back in and sold the seats to a guy with a 911 Porsche and they paid for themselves.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
^^^^
I could be wrong, but last I checked, they don’t offer power seat adapter brackets or power seat adjusters for their seats.

The OP is looking for a “power” seat replacement option for the ITS seats.

Mike

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
^^^^
I could be wrong, but last I checked, they don’t offer power seat adapter brackets or power seat adjusters for their seats.

The OP is looking for a “power” seat replacement option for the ITS seats.

Mike
I was just asking to see if maybe it was an option that others were aware of is all.
I can live with the stock seats, but I figured, if I were to do anything it would be either find an easy alternative I can buy and swap or maybe talk to an upholstery person about customizing the seats and adding some better padding, a little material etc.. Or, just live with it.
I'm going to explore the upholstery option.
Honestly, I plan to get some nice seat covers, maybe like the Cordovas I think they are called, there are a handful of companies that make very nice seat covers and offer a little more in the way of extra padding to the seats, so that will help a little too.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
There won't be an aftermarket option, because there's nothing wrong with the seats.

They're an easy target for an excuse to not like the ITS- especially relative to the Type R- and they have been long before anyone ever sat in them. This "debate" has raged on since pictures started circulating, and Joe Raitti's initial video from Long Beach, and continues unabated because they're the only true differentiation between the ITS and the Type R. And my argument is and has always been, if having bucket seats are that big a deal for you, then you must absolutely get a Type R- don't waste your time even looking at the Type S.

Now having actually owned the car for several months and put thousands of miles on it, the seats are absolutely fantastic. Anecdotally- I had my car's PPF done in Virginia, almost a 2 hour drive in traffic. When I went to pick the car up, we took my wife's Macan GTS, which has the 18-way adaptive sports seats, last I checked a ~$1500 option. My back was aching a bit after sitting in those seats for 2 hours- but I got in my ITS for the drive home and it disappeared. They're very comfortable, and I honestly believe the "firmness" that loads of people complain about actually has a lot to do with why I love them so much...

Also anecdotally I'm one of the apparently few people who has actually had this car on a racetrack for a substantial amount of time. They perform adequately there too. Nothing to write home about, but I didn't actively notice how terrible they were either. 100% functional for aggressive driving.

Some people will continue to claim that they're "trash" or whatever hyperbole they choose to use, and as everyone's opinions will vary, some just won't like the seats. However, Ive noticed most of these vocal people do not own the car, have not spent a lot of time in the car, or have not even driven the car. I'm here to offer a contradiction, with substantial ownership data for validation.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I met a local at a car show with a Type R finally who said that his seats are cumbersome on long drives out of state for work & wished he had the ability to move around a little more, especially in the shoulder room area. Which is also a necessity for me. I love the build of out seats. I do wish there was an auto save option just bc I manually move my seat around a lot depending on how my old bones feel 😆 sometimes it nice to hit a button & go back to a saved setting. Oh, a passenger auto & ventilation for both would be nice. But overall a very nice seat feel.

Interestingly, his car showed up on BaT a week later. I wonder if he liked the Integra more than his $10k markup. After seeing them side by side, I think the Acura does look a lot better.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
There won't be an aftermarket option, because there's nothing wrong with the seats.

They're an easy target for an excuse to not like the ITS- especially relative to the Type R- and they have been long before anyone ever sat in them. This "debate" has raged on since pictures started circulating, and Joe Raitti's initial video from Long Beach, and continues unabated because they're the only true differentiation between the ITS and the Type R. And my argument is and has always been, if having bucket seats are that big a deal for you, then you must absolutely get a Type R- don't waste your time even looking at the Type S.

Now having actually owned the car for several months and put thousands of miles on it, the seats are absolutely fantastic. Anecdotally- I had my car's PPF done in Virginia, almost a 2 hour drive in traffic. When I went to pick the car up, we took my wife's Macan GTS, which has the 18-way adaptive sports seats, last I checked a ~$1500 option. My back was aching a bit after sitting in those seats for 2 hours- but I got in my ITS for the drive home and it disappeared. They're very comfortable, and I honestly believe the "firmness" that loads of people complain about actually has a lot to do with why I love them so much...

Also anecdotally I'm one of the apparently few people who has actually had this car on a racetrack for a substantial amount of time. They perform adequately there too. Nothing to write home about, but I didn't actively notice how terrible they were either. 100% functional for aggressive driving.

Some people will continue to claim that they're "trash" or whatever hyperbole they choose to use, and as everyone's opinions will vary, some just won't like the seats. However, Ive noticed most of these vocal people do not own the car, have not spent a lot of time in the car, or have not even driven the car. I'm here to offer a contradiction, with substantial ownership data for validation.
You said, " There won't be an aftermarket option, because there's nothing wrong with the seats."
this is very subjective.
the seats are ok, not great.
Having manual on the passenger side on top of it is just weird.
I was only asking to see if there were any possibilities and maybe in time there will be.
If no, it isn't the end of the world, no car is perfect, the ITS is no different, it has plenty of shortcomings.
I'm still buying one, but if I could replace the seats with something a little better and keep the power, well would take a close look at that is all.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I met a local at a car show with a Type R finally who said that his seats are cumbersome on long drives out of state for work & wished he had the ability to move around a little more, especially in the shoulder room area. Which is also a necessity for me. I love the build of out seats. I do wish there was an auto save option just bc I manually move my seat around a lot depending on how my old bones feel 😆 sometimes it nice to hit a button & go back to a saved setting. Oh, a passenger auto & ventilation for both would be nice. But overall a very nice seat feel.

Interestingly, his car showed up on BaT a week later. I wonder if he liked the Integra more than his $10k markup. After seeing them side by side, I think the Acura does look a lot better.
I have heard that from many owners, the seats are great on the track, but not for long road trips.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
You said, " There won't be an aftermarket option, because there's nothing wrong with the seats."
this is very subjective.
the seats are ok, not great.
Having manual on the passenger side on top of it is just weird.
I was only asking to see if there were any possibilities and maybe in time there will be.
If no, it isn't the end of the world, no car is perfect, the ITS is no different, it has plenty of shortcomings.
I'm still buying one, but if I could replace the seats with something a little better and keep the power, well would take a close look at that is all.
Sure. Don't get your hopes up though, and maybe own the car for a bit before you consign yourself to getting new seats.

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
I bought the ITS for the creature comforts instead of the ITR. Want my performance but comfort too.
Mine is my daily driver (Think my EG Hatch cries every time I pull the ITS out of the driveway).
Seats are 100% an opinion and fully dependent on use. I have found them to be quite comfortable and, in my case, I do not have sufficient reason to change the seats but have a good reason not to as I don't think any aftermarket seats would aesthetically pair with the rest of the orchid interior I have. However, I am still a huge supporter of aftermarket options as that intrinsically increases resale value in my opinion.