• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

After market powered seats?

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I second the seats being decent on the track. I'm coming from using fixed buckets and harnesses at the track and the stock seats did pretty well. 6"1", 225lbs and I would agree the seats are not the best for long drives, but not bad.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
I don't understand all the manual passenger seat complaints. My wife has ridden thousands of miles in ours and tells people it's very comfortable. Has fallen asleep in it on longer trips too.

The false supports along the edges of the passenger seat are annoying to me. After watching a YouTube video awhile ago you'll notice the driver seat has stiff supports to hold you in place for aggressive driving but the passenger seat supports are squishy or soft. My guess is it's for passenger comfort and obviously a cost saving.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I don't understand all the manual passenger seat complaints. My wife has ridden thousands of miles in ours and tells people it's very comfortable. Has fallen asleep in it on longer trips too.

The false supports along the edges of the passenger seat are annoying to me. After watching a YouTube video awhile ago you'll notice the driver seat has stiff supports to hold you in place for aggressive driving but the passenger seat supports are squishy or soft. My guess is it's for passenger comfort and obviously a cost saving.
We are coming from fully loaded crew cab trucks with power/ventilated seats in front & rear. Plus the Aspec Tech we test drove had a power passenger seat. Not a deal breaker obviously, but do we want it? Yes.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
Quick question, how often does one have a passenger who needs to change the seat position?

I can only speak for my situation however basically my wife rides shotgun 99% of the time abd never moves it. The once in a blue moon my brother rides with me, he's not adjusting it other than sliding it back a little since he's much taller. Even then, it's a split second adjustment manually versus 3-5 seconds at a snails pace to bring it back electrically.

If I had to bet, driver memory seat position and the passenger powered seat will be in the 2025 or 2026 model as an "improvement".

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Each person will be different with different preferences. I make adjustments to the driver side very frequently multiple times while driving no matter the vehicle. Wife changes hers not as much but still often enough. Depends on which kid is sitting in behind us, what we packed prior, if one of my friends/other family sat in it, etc. Takes a few tries to find the preferred position & even then it’s good for the body to make slight adjustments on longer trips, hence why higher end luxury brands (Mercedes, BMW, etc) have built in motors that automatically & slightly adjust the seat for you & the guy that invented that is a millionaire now that was smart enough to patent it. Supposed to prevent/prolong nerve issues. We also drive a lot & live far from anywhere.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
hence why higher end luxury brands (Mercedes, BMW, etc) have built in motors that automatically & slightly adjust the seat for you & the guy that invented that is a millionaire now that was smart enough to patent it. Supposed to prevent/prolong nerve issues. We also drive a lot & live far from anywhere.
giphy (3).gif

I'm not saying you're wrong with the "micro-adjustments"- that actually sounds like a good idea and probably more sense than me shuffling around on long trips...

But luxury brands doing it automatically? Maybe in an S class or 7 series or something, because if there's an opportunity to charge for it as an option, German brands will take it- and I haven't seen this advertised as an option anywhere.

In any case, would I be opposed to having memory seats? No... but I also don't think it's a big deal. I didn't have memory or power seats in one of my 718s (including the driver...), and it had an MSRP of $103k. Driver's cars by design shouldn't be caught up with all this snazzy stuff.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
giphy (3).gif

I'm not saying you're wrong with the "micro-adjustments"- that actually sounds like a good idea and probably more sense than me shuffling around on long trips...

But luxury brands doing it automatically? Maybe in an S class or 7 series or something, because if there's an opportunity to charge for it as an option, German brands will take it- and I haven't seen this advertised as an option anywhere.

In any case, would I be opposed to having memory seats? No... but I also don't think it's a big deal. I didn't have memory seats in one of my 718s, and it had an MSRP of $103k.

I only found this out after one of my chiropractor friends told me about how he came to their college, and toured multiple others, to talk about his product & how to market yourself to be successful, patent if possible, etc. I’m not sure how else I could find the proof of it online but I will ask the next time I run into him. I’ve been curious myself.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I only found this out after one of my chiropractor friends told me about how he came to their college, and toured multiple others, to talk about his product & how to market yourself to be successful, patent if possible, etc. I’m not sure how else I could find the proof of it online but I will ask the next time I run into him. I’ve been curious myself.
It doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. I'm sure people would pay for it... maybe it just hasn't made it to market yet?

If it has, it would definitely be in an S class... or a Rolls or Bentley or something.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
It doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. I'm sure people would pay for it... maybe it just hasn't made it to market yet?

If it has, it would definitely be in an S class... or a Rolls or Bentley or something.
Pretty sure this is the one he was talking about. I remember he specifically stated Mercedes like it does in the article and it sounds like they have been working on this for years before coming to fruition.

https://www.ibj.com/articles/startups-solution-to-back-pain-gaining-traction-with-auto-industry

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
BMW, Genesis, Mercedes and Volvo all have models with this capability out currently. I think Lincoln and Caddy might too. Slightly different than massaging seats which are on quite a few brands, including Acura's MDX Type S. My wife's Volvo had the micro adjustments and those seats were truly fantastic, although I'm not sure how much this particular feature was responsible for their quality.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I bought the ITS for the creature comforts instead of the ITR. Want my performance but comfort too.
Mine is my daily driver (Think my EG Hatch cries every time I pull the ITS out of the driveway).
Seats are 100% an opinion and fully dependent on use. I have found them to be quite comfortable and, in my case, I do not have sufficient reason to change the seats but have a good reason not to as I don't think any aftermarket seats would aesthetically pair with the rest of the orchid interior I have. However, I am still a huge supporter of aftermarket options as that intrinsically increases resale value in my opinion.
Like I said, I was just asking, but I see it is too soon for one and until the car ha been around for a minute will we dee any aftermarket parts.

I do think the driver seat is ok, but the passenger seat frankly is embarrassing.
You drop 55k$ on a car, when you could have bought any number of other cars for the same or a little less, and you want to show it off to your friends and family so you take them for a ride, they have to get in that crappy manual controlled passenger seat or worse, the back, flintstone seats, I just feel that Acura went too far with savings in this case.
For Pete's sake at least give us two matching seats for the front so at least one passenger can somewhat enjoy the experience as much as I am.
I don't like the "other" seats very much.
I'm hoping in time I can find something for my passenger seat at least, so when my wife and I go out or on a long road trip we don't fight over who gets the "good" seat.