• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Full Leatherette Seats

StormtrooperTK421

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech
So I've been on the hunt for different options for removing the microsuede inserts in my Integra A-Spec for a while now and haven't had much luck. Does ANYONE know if the full leatherette seats from the base CVT model are compatible with the A-Spec tech package?

Here's what I DO know:

-When you order the seats, you only have to order the COVER for the bottom seat portion, but the back portion is the PAD and the COVER together.

-The innards, which include the heating element and any lumbar support, are a completely separate piece, so you don't need to order that just to change the cover.

-TECHNICALLY, if the connecting parts of the seats have DIFFERENT part numbers, then it means they're NOT compatible, but it's not impossible.

-The Acura dealership and service department do not have any concrete answers.

-At a glance, the seats from the base CVT and the A-Spec Tech look exactly the same. There is also no mention of airbag differences which would alter how the seat covers are constructed.

I was thinking of biting the bullet and ordering the cover for just ONE part of ONE seat to see if it can be done and if so I'd order the rest. I DID get my seats reupholstered by the "best upholstery shop in the city" and it was a disaster, so I'm NOT going that route again.

Can anyone help???

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
There's one guy that has full leatherette RDX seat covers on the FB group that he said worked for his A spec.

IMG_1082.png

OP
OP
StormtrooperTK421

StormtrooperTK421

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech
There's one guy that has full leatherette RDX seat covers on the FB group that he said worked for his A spec.

IMG_1082.png
Oh, that's awesome! What is the name of the FB group? Is it the one named "The Acura Integra Group" or one of the other ones?

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Oh, that's awesome! What is the name of the FB group? Is it the one named "The Acura Integra Group" or one of the other ones?
To be honest, I can't remember which one exactly. Might be the 2023+ group.

OP
OP
StormtrooperTK421

StormtrooperTK421

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech
To be honest, I can't remember which one exactly. Might be the 2023+ group.
Ok, cool. I don't have access to the group, so I can't ask him, but I suspect that unless you get the padding to go underneath, the seat cover will not fit 100% properly due to the underlying padding of the Integra not matching up with the panels of the RDX seats.

BUT, this gives me a lot of hope for the base CVT leatherette seat covers. I think they'll fit.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Ok, cool. I don't have access to the group, so I can't ask him, but I suspect that unless you get the padding to go underneath, the seat cover will not fit 100% properly due to the underlying padding of the Integra not matching up with the panels of the RDX seats.

BUT, this gives me a lot of hope for the base CVT leatherette seat covers. I think they'll fit.
I'll see if I can't hunt it down when I'm on there next. I haven't had FB for years until I decided to sell my Jeep & truck accessories for the ITS.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Let us know how you make out. Not a huge fan of the suede on mine.

OP
OP
StormtrooperTK421

StormtrooperTK421

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech
Ok cool. Will do. I really think the leatherette ones will fit. Iā€™m going to order one just to make sure and then Iā€™ll get the rest after. Iā€™m also going to see about getting custom embroidery on them before installation.

OP
OP
StormtrooperTK421

StormtrooperTK421

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech
Let us know how you make out. Not a huge fan of the suede on mine.
Update:

I spoke with the Acura dealership parts and service department, but no one could tell me if they would fit. They referred me to the corporate client service's number where I did get SOME information.

Client services said that although the seats look identical and it would PROBABLY fit, there is really no way of knowing until I try. But, IF I did that, I would be out $1,300 (the cost of the seat covers) because once the part is ordered and an installation is ATTEMPTED, it becomes unreturnable. Also, it would void any warranty on the seat because it would be considered an "aftermarket" part.

I give up. I'm not in a position to forfeit $1,300 right now. New factory A Spec seat covers are on the way and I'm going to have them installed this week.

Also, be aware that installing the seats is not as easy as it seems. They have to take the whole seat apart. It's an 8-9 hour job and costs over 1k JUST for installation at an Acura dealership.

Should've bought a new exhaust instead...

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
As per our conversation Tuesday, yes the base model covers will fit your A-Spec. Seat bottoms only as the backs come in a single piece.

-G

OP
OP
StormtrooperTK421

StormtrooperTK421

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech
As per our conversation Tuesday, yes the base model covers will fit your A-Spec. Seat bottoms only as the backs come in a single piece.

-G
I made that comment before I spoke with you.

I decided against them because even though they are full leatherette, they lack the decorative stitching. Iā€™m going with the suede ones and Iā€™ll just deal.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Ok cool. Will do. I really think the leatherette ones will fit. Iā€™m going to order one just to make sure and then Iā€™ll get the rest after. Iā€™m also going to see about getting custom embroidery on them before installation.
Whatā€™re you planning with the embroidery? Mugen ā€˜Eyeā€™ logo would be sick