• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

notorious9i6

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS, 2017 NSX
If anyone was interested in going to the Hondata Jailbreak Tour. I highly recommend it! For those who want to see what it all about and more about the flashpro I show my experience in a video:

Now what Off the shelve map should i get next. Phearable or the Two step performance one?

Needs3Pedals

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘06 Accord V6 6MT; ‘17 Frontier Pro4X 6MT; ‘24 ITS
What does jailbreaking cost at one of the events?

They will be 1.5 hours from me in April. I may go, but mostly to say I went to Woodstock (Georgia) on 4/20 in my DE5 with VIN 420.

bigmikevegas

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ABP Integra Type-S
Might be a dumb question but can dealerships even tell if it's flashed or not? If I ever needed warranty work couldn't I just put the tune to stock and take it in?

24DE5TypeS

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 RSX Type S
Do they load offer to load their base maps for everyone that asks for it or did they just do it since you were filming? I’m going to the Austin event and I’d like to drive back with their map loaded if possible.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Right now that’s the only thing on my calendar 🤪. That video makes it look like the perfect way to get it done and find all the Honda people in the area.

OP
OP
notorious9i6

notorious9i6

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS, 2017 NSX
Might be a dumb question but can dealerships even tell if it's flashed or not? If I ever needed warranty work couldn't I just put the tune to stock and take it in?
They have two people working, one jailbreaking, and the other one doing exactly what you see in the video. So you will be driving home with the new tune!

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
i've asked this same question and received conflicting answers; my takeaway is that they can tell if they use the right tool even if you've re-flashed it back to the stock tune

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
i've asked this same question and received conflicting answers; my takeaway is that they can tell if they use the right tool even if you've re-flashed it back to the stock tune
Correct with the right tools they can tell. Worse case Honda might request to get the ECU shipped to them for further analysis.

Anyway you can just buy a spare ECU and clone it. Then use the spare one as your hondata ECU leaving the stock ECU untouched. If for any reason you need to go to the dealer for anything, just swap them and play dumb. :D

Here is a link of one of the Hondata Service providers options about ECU cloning.
https://www.phearable.net/services/ecu-unlock.html

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Correct with the right tools they can tell. Worse case Honda might request to get the ECU shipped to them for further analysis.

Anyway you can just buy a spare ECU and clone it. Then use the spare one as your hondata ECU leaving the stock ECU untouched. If for any reason you need to go to the dealer for anything, just swap them and play dumb. :D

Here is a link of one of the Hondata Service providers options about ECU cloning.
https://www.phearable.net/services/ecu-unlock.html
i'm surprised there isn't some serialization that prevents that

Last edited:

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
i'm surprised their isn't some serialization that prevents that
Me too but got the confirmation from the thread of the guy that lost his jailbroken ECU during shipment.

Hondata had a backup of his OEM ecu, in addition to that they managed to get a new one too.
So restoring the backup into this new ECU was the next step. After completing the restore and jailbreak, they shipped it to the customer.

He was able to start his car without problems. No need to pair the new ECU or keys in the dealer.

Last edited:

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
How do you explain it though? "Uh, I seem to have lost my ECU."