• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
We do not clone ECU's. Only jailbreak original ECU.
Interesting. Someone lost theirs in transit and they were forced to replace. I thought they mentioned getting a backup from you.

Scrodee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS in LCM
You don't need to, theoretically.

Just order an ECU from a wholesale parts seller.

(I haven't done it myself.)
This is actually a great idea and pretty affordable for peace of mind if nothing else.
Found for $249 here: Genuine OEM Acura - Control Module Powertrain Part# 37820-6PV-A03 | Acura Parts For Less

I assume you cannot just buy a spare ECU and send it straight to get jailbroken? You'll need clone your existing ECU first or it won't work in your car?

Even a cloned ECU (jailbroken or not) would still need to go to the dealer to get paired with your car?

Needs3Pedals

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜06 Accord V6 6MT; ā€˜17 Frontier Pro4X 6MT; ā€˜24 ITS

mopar_man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S, Durango R/T, Civic Si
ā€œA good safety net for warranty purposesā€. Interesting. Isnā€™t that basically a way of saying ā€œI get Honda to pay for stuff broken by modding my carā€? I understand wanting to get more power. But I will never understand wanting to do things that definitely void the warranty and then having or expecting someone else to pay for consequences. Thatā€™s absolute nonsense and frankly, BS. You want another 40-60-80-100 HP. Fine. But when things break - itā€™s on your dime.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
you gotta stick it to the man sometimes, right? LOL.

I see both sides of the argument. If Acura finds out you tuned, they could deny almost anything warranty wise, even if they can't prove the tune caused the issue.

I agree for the most part though, you have to pay to play!

Needs3Pedals

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜06 Accord V6 6MT; ā€˜17 Frontier Pro4X 6MT; ā€˜24 ITS
ā€œA good safety net for warranty purposesā€. Interesting. Isnā€™t that basically a way of saying ā€œI get Honda to pay for stuff broken by modding my carā€? I understand wanting to get more power. But I will never understand wanting to do things that definitely void the warranty and then having or expecting someone else to pay for consequences. Thatā€™s absolute nonsense and frankly, BS. You want another 40-60-80-100 HP. Fine. But when things break - itā€™s on your dime.
Thatā€™s exactly what itā€™s saying. I didnā€™t say I would do it but you better believe others will. Itā€™s also done all the time to beat emissions on certain vehicles and that is where it crosses a line for me. Cat deletes piss me off to no end as well.

Scrodee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS in LCM
I just feel like having a clean factory ECU available is a good idea in general, warranty stuff aside.
Iā€™ve read too many horror stories about ECUs getting bricked for one reason or another, especially when flashing maps, etc.

OP
OP
notorious9i6

notorious9i6

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS, 2017 NSX
Going from the hondata tune to the phearable tune with PRL Intake was noticeable but not as much as i thought.

Surprisingly, I think people will be happy with just the hondata OTS.

LunaticSM

First Name
Dstyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Thanks for posting the videos. I personally liked the sound of the Spoon drop in filter the best. I have a K&N drop in in my car and I don't hear as much turbo noise as your previous Spoon set up, which surprises me since the K&N and Spoon filters seem to be somewhat similar - I realize K&N uses oil and Spoon doesn't so maybe that effects how much sound gets out. Any thoughts on this?

JesseP

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S/2022 Tesla Model 3 Performance
I watched Johnathan's video and want to hit the jailbreak tour while they are in GA.

I am also interested in the Phearable stage 2 tune.

My question is, do I need to pay for Hondata and then Phearable or can I save some money packaging this stuff together? I understand they are two different companies, but do I need to do the former before the latter?

I just had a call with my boss (who is also a big motorhead). I brought up the tuning and he said he had an almost new M3 that he tuned and blew things up. He mentioned one problem after another before he was able to get the car stable. I know these are two totally different cars and I have not seen anyone post about issues after a tune. How safe is it if I'm not swapping any parts out for the time being? Additional info: I'm also tracking the car.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Tuning is not without it's headaches. After going nuts on my previous car, I'm scaling way back on the Integra. Every little thing you do can be a cause for other things to go wrong. I ruined a two day track event with my last car all because I was pushing a ton of boost and wore out the spark plugs within 8k miles. I only had two HKS plugs with me at the time. I spent the whole first day changing plugs, clearing codes and going into Limp mode. Ultimately got a couple slow sessions in the second day, but was then concerned as I had to drive the car home and didn't want to push my luck.

Reliability is my biggest concern now, not being 1/2 second faster than other non-tune Integras. I get the appeal of wrenching on your car though. Oh, it's also a money pit. But, we do stuff anyway. LOL. If I had all the money I spent modding cars over the years, I would be driving a Porsche 911 by now.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
I had a hondata reflash on my 05 tsx. No issues with years and many miles of abuse

I have a Hondata reflash on my 10 Rdx, no issues again after many miles and years of abuse. I have started to run octane boost over the last few years. the car lives in Co where she only gets 91 and sits most of the year.

plan is to do the ITs when they come to austin and just use there tune not anybody elseā€™s. Feel like when you start chasing crazy gains when the issues could start to show up.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Tuning is not without it's headaches. After going nuts on my previous car, I'm scaling way back on the Integra. Every little thing you do can be a cause for other things to go wrong. I ruined a two day track event with my last car all because I was pushing a ton of boost and wore out the spark plugs within 8k miles. I only had two HKS plugs with me at the time. I spent the whole first day changing plugs, clearing codes and going into Limp mode. Ultimately got a couple slow sessions in the second day, but was then concerned as I had to drive the car home and didn't want to push my luck.

Reliability is my biggest concern now, not being 1/2 second faster than other non-tune Integras. I get the appeal of wrenching on your car though. Oh, it's also a money pit. But, we do stuff anyway. LOL. If I had all the money I spent modding cars over the years, I would be driving a Porsche 911 by now.
Oh and you wouldnā€™t mod the 911 ? šŸ˜‰