• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ITS Hondata Jailbreak

slo_its

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Just saw this today. Don't think I've seen it posted here yet.

Mind you, this is just the first step and I'm assuming trivial for them having already done FL5.

I don't think I'll do any performance mods this year but really interested in seeing what they learn while developing the flashpro for this car. Probably start some mods before summer next year.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Last edited:

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
I was actually gonna start a thread asking about any good dyno tuners that are familiar with Hondata..
Having it is one thing and knowing how to properly tune it on a dyno using Ktuner is a different story all together.
Stoked about the progress not sure if anyone in SC can properly use Ktuner.. I sure dont know how to tune it properly..

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Ok I admit I don't fully understand jailbreaking and flashing and tuning... but a Jailbreak from Hondata still requires mailing them the ECU, but if they "develop a "FlashPro" then mailing the ECU wouldn't be necessary? @Hondata ?

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Ok I admit I don't fully understand jailbreaking and flashing and tuning... but a Jailbreak from Hondata still requires mailing them the ECU, but if they "develop a "FlashPro" then mailing the ECU wouldn't be necessary? @Hondata ?
There is still no remote jailbreak for the FL5/DE5. Develop a FlashPro likely means a DE5 specific tune. So sending ECU in is expected until they can figure out the remote jailbreak.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
For now the only way to unlock the ECU and allow it to be flashed is mailing it in.
The CTR FK8 had the same procedure until they came out with a canbus tool that you bought and plugged in that interrupted the ECU lock feature and allowed it to be unlocked at home.
This may never happen on the FL5/DE5.

RCX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 FK8 -> 2023 GR Corolla -> 2024 Integra Type S
Hondata has or will licence other tuning shops to use their jailbreak. I will wait until there is a local option rather than send ECU to Hondata.

You can jailbreak your ECU now but cannot use FlashPro unit to read and write to until the DE5 specific software is released. And wont be long now.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hondata has or will licence other tuning shops to use their jailbreak. I will wait until there is a local option rather than send ECU to Hondata.

You can jailbreak your ECU now but cannot use FlashPro unit to read and write to until the DE5 specific software is released. And wont be long now.
Any timeline on when they will license it out? I have a "local" Hondata shop and would much prefer to have it done locally obviously.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Any timeline on when they will license it out? I have a "local" Hondata shop and would much prefer to have it done locally obviously.
Currently only done by Hondata themselves. You can mail your ECU in or schedule a time on their Jailbreak Tours.
Mail-in option is fast. I overnighted on Tuesday. They had it unlocked Wednesday, Instagram video dropped. Today received shipping confirmation.

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A bunch of Honda/Acura stuff

That's implying the ECU can even be unlocked/jailbroken through the DLC to begin with. Hondata doesn't tell their bench unlock hardware to anyone.

The only hope anyone has to not send their ECU away is if their "instant jailbreak" service is implented for the FL5/DE5 someday, but I wouldn't hold your breath for that.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Currently only done by Hondata themselves. You can mail your ECU in or schedule a time on their Jailbreak Tours.
Mail-in option is fast. I overnighted on Tuesday. They had it unlocked Wednesday, Instagram video dropped. Today received shipping confirmation.
So you’ve no concern about warranty? I’ve learned that the ITS is a well constructed car that can handle being pushed. I just don’t know if all the individual components could handle more power and torque while still reach its itended lifecycle. Either way we should be enjoying these cars and I sincerely hope it all works out :)

RCX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 FK8 -> 2023 GR Corolla -> 2024 Integra Type S
That's implying the ECU can even be unlocked/jailbroken through the DLC to begin with. Hondata doesn't tell their bench unlock hardware to anyone.

The only hope anyone has to not send their ECU away is if their "instant jailbreak" service is implented for the FL5/DE5 someday, but I wouldn't hold your breath for that.

From Hondata site:
Re: 23 Civic Type R flashpro
Post by Hondata » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:36 pm

We are currently still working on setting up our dealers for Jailbreak.
FK8 was unlocked locally soon after initial jailbreak, I think hondata provides unlocking software (and or hardware?) to authorized dealers.

I will wait until Flashpro is ready anyway, no rush for now.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
From Hondata site:

FK8 was unlocked locally soon after initial jailbreak, I think hondata provides unlocking software (and or hardware?) to authorized dealers.

I will wait until Flashpro is ready anyway, no rush for now.
How much are you looking to gain from ECU tuning?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
How much are you looking to gain from ECU tuning?
Stock it dynos at 300/330 or so.
On stock turbo and fuel and with an intercooler/Down pipe 360hp/380trq is easily attainable.
With Hondata fuel kit and a RV6 turbo some have gotten around 500hp.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stock it dynos at 300/330 or so.
On stock turbo and fuel and with an intercooler/Down pipe 360hp/380trq is easily attainable.
With Hondata fuel kit and a RV6 turbo some have gotten around 500hp.
One tip for everyone is pick a # you will be happy with and stick with it. The good news is this platform has a million options to make power, the bad news is 99% of the time you are gonna be fuel limited. Nothing sucks more than having to upgrade your fuel system every time you want to add an upgrade... Sadly, getting to the injectors involves removing the intake manifold also... So they aren't easy swaps.