• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Good question.
I'm running Pherable Tune and I think MAP4 disables all Traction Control. I haven't tested but it saying this makes it seem that pedal dance is no longer needed.
It also comes with a 4k Launch Control. I have not yet dumped the clutch or sat idle and stomping on the pedal but it's there.
Would it not be quite harmful to rev 4K and hard dump the clutch? I’d imagine so but not sure how much the ITS/CTR was built to handle it. Regardless probably a significant amount of mechanical stress on components

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Would it not be quite harmful to rev 4K and hard dump the clutch? I’d imagine so but not sure how much the ITS/CTR was built to handle it. Regardless probably a significant amount of mechanical stress on components
Well that's what launch control is for. Also all the 0-60 times reported is done with a Clutch dump. So yeah there would be some wear but it won't break the car. Well maybe if you do it a lot🤣

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Well that's what launch control is for. Also all the 0-60 times reported is done with a Clutch dump. So yeah there would be some wear but it won't break the car. Well maybe if you do it a lot🤣
Most of the 0-60 times were done with VSA on I think? I do the pedal dance regularly but still have not dumped the clutch one time. Too cautious I suppose lol

Going wide open throttle in 1st I still haven’t gotten the best shift to 2nd yet 🤦‍♂️

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
This car is best enjoyed between 20 mph and 100 mph in my opinion. I like to get it into 2nd gear before I cut loose.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
This car is best enjoyed between 20 mph and 100 mph in my opinion. I like to get it into 2nd gear before I cut loose.
Yeah, not sure why one would buy this car if they were mainly interested in 0-X times, haha. FWD is not the answer from a stop (might be able to get something decent if you gut it, I suppose).

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Yeah, not sure why one would buy this car if they were mainly interested in 0-X times, haha. FWD is not the answer from a stop (might be able to get something decent if you gut it, I suppose).
Many racing series require a hole shot start, so it isn't just for drag racing. With regards to limiting damage to drivetrain, not launching is always best, beyond that it gets grey. Typically on Hondas you want to spin the wheels a bit at launch then modulate throttle to hook up. Spinning the wheels isn't going to do any drivetrain damage, it's usually preferred to bogging it off the line or burning through your clutch. But the damage is done on hookup, so that's what really matters.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Let it rip

IMG_20231110_133236.gif