• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

AHC 2024 Acura Integra Type S Phearable & Hondata Tune nets big power gains!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Totally understand. I'm sure he's great.

Terry Burger is no slouch either though. His JB4 platform has limitations, no doubt, but he absolutely knows what he's doing.

My experience with the JB4 has been great. Some folks may not want to go "all in" on tuning and mods etc.
Yeah but how many Honda's does he tune in a week?
I'm pretty sure Terry is more of a German Autos tuner.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Fucking same man lol, this is the first brand new car i've ever owned so having some type or warranty is a little security blanket i've never experienced, I asked my service rep about modding and he said you can do whatever you want except for ECU tuning and downpipe, insert the meme of the guy sweating with the veins popping out of his forehead after watching this video.
Definitely got my attention, I was thinking I would leave it 100% bone stock, like my 07
350Z still is, but now I will seriously think about a few bolt on's if it will get me to 400hp with a down pipe, bigger intercooler and a tune.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Torque reduction and ignition-based traction control go a long way.
What does this mean? Stuff like this is what makes me walk back any interest I have in more power.

To me (and many other owners and journalists...), the only way this car feels "natural" when driven hard is to turn the traction control completely off. Are you suggesting that a tune also alters the parameters of the traction control system? Or that you have to leave the traction control on to keep the extra power in check?

Also seeing people talking about 450+ horsepower in this car literally invokes my gag reflex. This is not the platform for that. Go buy a Mustang or Challenger. Or a car that was engineered from the ground up to cope with that type of power.

What remains the single biggest hangup for me, is what are people actually doing with these cars once they have this power? Just punching it at red lights or on off-ramps? Posting their dyno sheets on instagram?

How does this measurably improve the experience of driving the car, particularly when it comes to backroads/canyons or in a track setting? I'm not interested in just simply improving the "sense of acceleration", and could give two shits about 1/4 mile or 0-60 times. I already feel like I've had to adjust my own driving style to be under control with the throttle coming out of corners... yes I would enjoy more power on straights but I'm just not quite convinced there's that much to gain besides bragging rights with more power in this car.

I do like how this thing sounds though, no question there.

Last edited:

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
You basically described it. My tuning solution also has the ability to limit boost by gear, essentially saying I want 8 lbs of boost less in 1st gear, 4 lbs of boost less in 2nd gear, then give me all the beans from 3 gear on. It can be customized to exactly what you want. More power here just makes this car faster from 30-130. This would require more throttle modulation at a track for sure.

More is not always better if it's unusable in the corners.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
What does this mean? Stuff like this is what makes me walk back any interest I have in more power.

To me (and many other owners and journalists...), the only way this car feels "natural" when driven hard is to turn the traction control completely off. Are you suggesting that a tune also alters the parameters of the traction control system? Or that you have to leave the traction control on to keep the extra power in check?

Also seeing people talking about 450+ horsepower in this car literally invokes my gag reflex. This is not the platform for that. Go buy a Mustang or Challenger. Or a car that was engineered from the ground up to cope with that type of power.

What remains the single biggest hangup for me, is what are people actually doing with these cars once they have this power? Just punching it at red lights or on off-ramps? Posting their dyno sheets on instagram?

How does this measurably improve the experience of driving the car, particularly when it comes to backroads/canyons or in a track setting? I'm not interested in just simply improving the "sense of acceleration", and could give two shits about 1/4 mile or 0-60 times. I already feel like I've had to adjust my own driving style to be under control with the throttle coming out of corners... yes I would enjoy more power on straights but I'm just not quite convinced there's that much to gain besides bragging rights with more power in this car.

From Phearable website

Multi tunes levels (Select via cruise control buttons):
1 - Street1 - Base street settings with limited slip allowed. Designed for optimal traction.
2 - Street2 - More aggressive first and second gear than Street1 with more slip allowed.
3 - Race1 - More aggressive first, second and third gear than Street1 & Street2 with more slip and launch control slip allowed.
4 - Race2 - More aggressive first and second gear than all, traction control nonexistent and more launch control slip allowed.
5 - Valet - Less power output in all gears.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
From Phearable website

Multi tunes levels (Select via cruise control buttons):
1 - Street1 - Base street settings with limited slip allowed. Designed for optimal traction.
2 - Street2 - More aggressive first and second gear than Street1 with more slip allowed.
3 - Race1 - More aggressive first, second and third gear than Street1 & Street2 with more slip and launch control slip allowed.
4 - Race2 - More aggressive first and second gear than all, traction control nonexistent and more launch control slip allowed.
5 - Valet - Less power output in all gears.
Yeah, I'm not interested in power mods. That settles it lol.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS

It only takes money to go fast in a straight line, however it takes a good driver with stones to go fast thru a corner. Not many people willing to make the latter upgrade.

Godofelru

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 TEP ITS
Pulled this from Hondata back when it released and I had it put on my FK8. Hondata has a fabulous patented technology: Traction control. We've seen 2 seconds a lap improvement. Reduce your torque request, then tune your traction control settings. Hondata traction control alters the power 100 times per second to keep your wheels in contact with the ground. Once set up, it works so well, you dont know it is working.

With respect to my experience with the TC, it very visibly and noticeably improved low speed traction. Sure it does this by reducing power until it no longer detects wheel spin, but that's a great thing for acceleration. You do have to tend to play with the parameters to get it right for your car, especially if on a different wheel/tire setup.

What remains the single biggest hangup for me, is what are people actually doing with these cars once they have this power? Just punching it at red lights or on off-ramps? Posting their dyno sheets on instagram? How does this measurably improve the experience of driving the car, particularly when it comes to backroads/canyons or in a track setting? I'm not interested in just simply improving the "sense of acceleration", and could give two shits about 1/4 mile or 0-60 times. yes I would enjoy more power on straights but I'm just not quite convinced there's that much to gain besides bragging rights with more power in this car.
Again, anecdotal, but for me the car just isn't powerful enough to me in its stock form. My FK8 was a blast to drive stock, but WAY more fun to take corners in at 375whp/385wtq. The TCS from Hondata (comes with the tune). For me, it's on and off ramps, back roads, both 1/4 mile (RIP Atco) and standard tracks/ HPDE. The tune improvements in straight line acceleration are very noticeable. The FK8 was about 8 mph trap speed difference post tune at the 1/4 strip.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pulled this from Hondata back when it released and I had it put on my FK8. Hondata has a fabulous patented technology: Traction control. We've seen 2 seconds a lap improvement. Reduce your torque request, then tune your traction control settings. Hondata traction control alters the power 100 times per second to keep your wheels in contact with the ground. Once set up, it works so well, you dont know it is working.

With respect to my experience with the TC, it very visibly and noticeably improved low speed traction. Sure it does this by reducing power until it no longer detects wheel spin, but that's a great thing for acceleration. You do have to tend to play with the parameters to get it right for your car, especially if on a different wheel/tire setup.

Again, anecdotal, but for me the car just isn't powerful enough to me in its stock form. My FK8 was a blast to drive stock, but WAY more fun to take corners in at 375whp/385wtq. The TCS from Hondata (comes with the tune). For me, it's on and off ramps, back roads, both 1/4 mile (RIP Atco) and standard tracks/ HPDE. The tune improvements in straight line acceleration are very noticeable. The FK8 was about 8 mph trap speed difference post tune at the 1/4 strip.
This is really good feedback, thanks.

Still sounds complicated though. I've been burned too many times by modding cars just to end up disappointed... I could understand if the car is just mundane or unexciting from the factory, but this car is just not that at all. Personally I've had several cars that were much faster than the ITS, but they still didn't scratch the same itch, especially in 99% of the environment I'm using it, which is on the road. It's plenty fast for me.

It just might take getting walked by a GT500 or something at an HPDE to get me to change my mind, but for now I'll continue to watch from the sidelines.

Godofelru

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 TEP ITS
This is really good feedback, thanks.

Still sounds complicated though. I've been burned too many times by modding cars just to end up disappointed... I could understand if the car is just mundane or unexciting from the factory, but this car is just not that at all. Personally I've had several cars that were much faster than the ITS, but they still didn't scratch the same itch, especially in 99% of the environment I'm using it, which is on the road. It's plenty fast for me.

It just might take getting walked by a GT500 or something at an HPDE to get me to change my mind, but for now I'll continue to watch from the sidelines.
If it makes you feel any better I understand your POV and mostly agree. It's why my intention is to get an intake when one is available (need more induction sound to be happy), tune the car, and probably leave it there until it's time for wheels/tires, but legitimately have no idea what setup/color I want to rock with TEP.

BigBird

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
I used the TSP Stage 1 on my FL5 on track and it worked great. The additional power makes it a new new car.

My tuned Elantra N was faster than the stock FL5. with the tune it evened things out, or may have even had a little more power. But yeah, spending much more on car and having a slower car sucked for a while.

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
I do think the ITS has more power than it can get to the ground. HOWEVER, IMO its timing to get to that power that I have an issues with. (Yes the turbo lag which seems like it takes forever, compared to driving a naturally aspirated instant engagement{enjoyment} JDM B18C swap for 2 decades.)
I have purchased and am getting ready to install all these bolt-ons to improve air flow which will help reduce turbo lag as much as possible keeping the ECU stock until the warranty expires.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
Yes the turbo lag which seems like it takes forever, compared to driving a naturally aspirated instant engagement{enjoyment} JDM B18C swap for 2 decades.
You mean the NA version of turbo lag?

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
You mean the NA version of turbo lag?
I am confused by your comment. Going from a non turbo to a turbo application I personally find the spool time. llllooooonnnngggggggg.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
I am confused by your comment. Going from a non turbo to a turbo application I personally find the spool time. llllooooonnnngggggggg.
Coming from a K24 myself, I know exactly what you mean. Running in Sport+ mode on the ITS definitely helps but with the NA you can feel the response of the engine instantaneously. It's so much less thrust but in the first mm of pedal travel is always immediately felt on my Si where the ITS it's perceivably delayed. Still completely acceptable but noticeable between the two.