• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Driving Gloves?

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Does anyone drive with driving gloves? My old car's shift knob (9th gen Si) would get really hot/cold when exposed to the weather so years ago when i was shopping at costco i grabbed a pair of random gloves to use strictly for driving- really just for grabbing the shift knob lol i almost never put the left glove on.

now that i have my new Teggie- with the optional titanium shift knob-i figured it would be worth asking if anyone here has a preferred brand of driving glove they use so i can replace these old ratty ones lol

sorry for all of these ridiculous questions lol

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Gotta look good.

maxresdefault.jpg

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
There's a guy in town that drives a Porsche GT3, and I've run into him at the dry cleaner's and the grocery store, and he leaves his car running outside like a moron, and leaves the gloves on when he goes inside the store or whatever. Leather with the holes in the knuckles. Looks very silly.

I used to have a RSX type S and yes the knob got cold or hot occasionally, but provided you just shift and take your hand off, it was never unmanageable whatsoever. Within a few minutes temps normalize.

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Are you looking for more a Racing Glove (e.g. Sparco?) or something classic / classy ?

For the latter

Dents = https://www.dentsgloves.com/
Connolly = https://www.connollyengland.com/
AutoDromo = https://autodromo.com/

You could just get a delrin knob for extreme weather,

WC Lathewerx
Hybrid Racing
Acuity
Dents' gloves are great! If you're not on track, driving gloves can be seem or feel a little...pretentious. If you're sole purpose is to not have to deal with a hot or cold shift knob, buy the cheapest quality gloves available. You can scoop a pair of Mechanix gloves on Amazon for $20.

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
There's a guy in town that drives a Porsche GT3, and I've run into him at the dry cleaner's and the grocery store, and he leaves his car running outside like a moron, and leaves the gloves on when he goes inside the store or whatever. Leather with the holes in the knuckles. Looks very silly.

I used to have a RSX type S and yes the knob got cold or hot occasionally, but provided you just shift and take your hand off, it was never unmanageable whatsoever. Within a few minutes temps normalize.
…and on that note, just get one of those shift knob covers. Easy on and off. Like what was said before, temps normalize after a few minutes. I have an FK8 metal knob, and it’s rarely ever annoying. Just get some good ceramic tints and/or park in a shady spot.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
No issues here with the leather wrapped factory shift knob. But again I don't wear gloves in the winter. I condition my hands after scraping the windows to where the knob feels warm 😂

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
…and on that note, just get one of those shift knob covers. Easy on and off. Like what was said before, temps normalize after a few minutes. I have an FK8 metal knob, and it’s rarely ever annoying. Just get some good ceramic tints and/or park in a shady spot.
ceramic tint - check!

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
ya'll quit actin up i'm not covering up my gorgeous shift knob lmao :patriot:

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Join the rubber hands club and embrace the pain :) eventually you'll adapt, or just get a job at a restaurant and the heat will stop bothering you quickly

sayonara

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE
I have the AutoDromo String Backs which are very comfortable and I just got a pair of Alpa Gloves off of Etsy which are really nice for $87. The knuckle holes even line up!!