• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Fuel consumption under different driving modes?

edido

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
Hi,

Does fuel efficiency change under different driving modes assuming I drive the car similarly?
For example - I drive in Sport+ mode daily in the city. Is my fuel efficiency expected to be lower compared to Comfort?

(If there is some guide or documentation please share a link).

Ministry

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S (DE5), FL5(sold)
In my experience in the FL5, no. How you use your right foot, regardless of mode, has the greatest impact on fuel economy.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
Hi,

Does fuel efficiency change under different driving modes assuming I drive the car similarly?
For example - I drive in Sport+ mode daily in the city. Is my fuel efficiency expected to be lower compared to Comfort?

(If there is some guide or documentation please share a link).

In theory, should be the same.

I got 31MPGs on my way back home after picking up the car. Driving @75mph on average from Atlanta to Central FL.
For me that was awesome. Not many super sport compacts can achieve that.

Last edited:

Nickp15

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
I had a noticeable bump by switching from confort mode to sport+. Actually gained 2mpg doing the same driving and a full tank for each test.

But then again the car is under 500 miles and new cars trend to get a bit more efficient after they've been broken in so perhaps a test done when the car has higher mileage would be more accurate.