• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra Type S driving Styles with Breakin Period

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type Platinum Perlescent White
As the title says. How are owners driving their ITS during the breaking in period?

I normally drive under light-medium acceleration and keep the revs under 5k until 1000 miles. I will be honest it's extremely hard not to open her up. I love the engine noise, throttle response and exhaust sounds.

As much as I want to see what she's got it's hard to take a chance with a $60k car lol. I find it difficult to justify the short pleasure I get with the thrill lol. It's such a nice car.

What do you think and/or suggest?

mattaleo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Civic Si
I haven't been able to hold back, brought it up to 6500 a few times now with 700km on odometer. Going to change the oil at 1000 km. I'm not sure there's much danger to push it before 1000 miles... each car is pushed at factory with 0 miles before delivery. I could be wrong.. but I can't hold back. Had a guy in a new wrx revving on me at a red light. He pulled for a second, but as soon as grip caught I passed him np.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I'm basically going to follow savagegeese's video on this pretty much to a tee.

After a few hundred miles it's on. Lol

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Hehehe! It's on!
I really cannot wait for that day. I think I'm going to take a vacation when I get it to wash it & what not & then take another vacation day post break in day - I haven't come up with a good name for this day yet. 😆

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
I really cannot wait for that day. I think I'm going to take a vacation when I get it to wash it & what not & then take another vacation day post break in day - I haven't come up with a good name for this day yet. 😆
I am in the middle of negotiating a new job and have been pretty clear I need a month off in between for bonding time with my new baby :) I also told them I need a signing bonus large enough to cover my accessory purchases!

They thought I was joking...

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I'm 31 days in and just broke 400 miles (and that's with some extra drives vs normal, believe it or not). I've had no trouble enjoying the car while keeping it under 4,000 RPM. At this rate, I might hit 1,000 miles by Christmas. Maybe.

This car just PULLS unbelievably well. In 6th, you can quickly move from 65-70 to 100+ before you realize it, and if you get a chance to watch the HUD actually has a hard time keeping up with the acceleration. Even at over 110mph, you're still not quite touching 4,000 RPM. It's wild.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I'm 31 days in and just broke 400 miles (and that's with some extra drives vs normal, believe it or not). I've had no trouble enjoying the car while keeping it under 4,000 RPM. At this rate, I might hit 1,000 miles by Christmas. Maybe.

This car just PULLS unbelievably well. In 6th, you can quickly move from 65-70 to 100+ before you realize it, and if you get a chance to watch the HUD actually has a hard time keeping up with the acceleration. Even at over 110mph, you're still not quite touching 4,000 RPM. It's wild.
This is awesome to hear! How long are you waiting before you really rip into it? 1000 miles?

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
This is awesome to hear! How long are you waiting before you really rip into it? 1000 miles?
I'll say 1,000 miles today, and say 1,250 miles when I reach 950--I did the same thing with my '23, but in that case, I was a little afraid of hurting the car. In this case, I have some genuine concerns about the car hurting me.

This car just feels so incredibly capable it's a little unreal. I was counting on the car being fast, but concerned that I'd sacrifice the quick in the A-Spec + Tech. Nope. It's got both.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I'll say 1,000 miles today, and say 1,250 miles when I reach 950--I did the same thing with my '23, but in that case, I was a little afraid of hurting the car. In this case, I have some genuine concerns about the car hurting me.

This car just feels so incredibly capable it's a little unreal. I was counting on the car being fast, but concerned that I'd sacrifice the quick in the A-Spec + Tech. Nope. It's got both.
Nice! Yeah, I'm assuming I'll be keeping that G meter up & running 🫠😄

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Nice! Yeah, I'm assuming I'll be keeping that G meter up & running 🫠😄
I wish I could run the G meter on the left side and the boost gauge on the right--I find myself looking more at the boost gauge with amazement when I realize there's a considerably amount of "uumph" even when boost is on the low end.