• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra Type S driving Styles with Breakin Period

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I plan to change the oil at 20k miles, then again at 50k. In between will top off as necessary. Today's oils last for at least 3 years, right?
Funnily enough I think there’s some synthetic that claim they can go up to 20k miles with a filter change at the halfway mark.

I mean I’m sure there’s some crazy science (or wizardry) going on there but thats pretty bonkers. I’ll stick to the MM unless the oil analysis I plan to do every other oil change tell me otherwise.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
wow!! I'm gonna get it changed in the next week or two. Almost track time!!!

I'm at 2700 miles. I'll usually change before track, then let it ride until next track time, roughly 6 months and 2k miles.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I plan to change the oil at 20k miles, then again at 50k. In between will top off as necessary. Today's oils last for at least 3 years, right?
Why are you planning to change it so often?
Let's hope you reuse the oil and just clean it by running it through a coffee filter like the rest of us. This oil is good for a lifetime.

Last edited:

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I know, it's overkill, but worth it for peace of mind, LOL!!

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
The team at our Acura dealer highly recommends avoiding any type of acceleration from a dead stop during the lifetime of your vehicle to ensure that all Acura engine specs are properly maintained.
Yeah....sorry Acura but that ain't happening on this car.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Funnily enough I think there’s some synthetic that claim they can go up to 20k miles with a filter change at the halfway mark.

I mean I’m sure there’s some crazy science (or wizardry) going on there but thats pretty bonkers. I’ll stick to the MM unless the oil analysis I plan to do every other oil change tell me otherwise.
Amsoil claims 25k miles, and I do use it in all my vehicles, but I would never let my oil go more than 5k miles.
When I can't get to it in my Z for example, if it takes until 6500 miles, I don't sweat it, knowing that the oil is good for 25k miles according to Amsoil, but I do try to be on time with the oil changes, my vehicles have 900, 178k, and 249k miles on them, and all run perfectly.
I don't know how much hype is out there, and what is real, but I do feel confident with Amsoil.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I mean you do you. I’m just sharing what some have shared here. I’m not absolutely convinced the latter is true but I do believe there’s no harm in going to 5k given the oil analysis results people have gotten so far - that’s at least pretty objective data.
I get it man, I was just being funny.
Like others have said to each his own, I prefer, for peace of mind, to change it after the first 1k then again at 5k, and every 5k after that, so that is what I am doing.
I hit 990 last night.

Got my oil, crush washers and filters and ramps ready to go, probably change it Monday.
The whole reason I bought the car brand new with 4 miles on it was to be the one to take care of "break in" and maintenance for the first 5k miles and that is what I am doing, no harm in playing it safe, I truly don't mind.

I don't beat on my cars at all, and I appreciate them very much when I do push them a little knowing, I have taken precautions to make sure everything runs smoothly.
@ 990 miles, the car hasn't been over 5k rpms, and I only exceeded 4k rpms after 600 miles.
I like to gradually introduce the friction and hope the gradual approach helps seat gaskets, sealants and hoses and clamps, assuring a smooth life after that.

I just feel better doing it this way is all and I am not hurting anyone doing it.
I am a patient man.

JesseP

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S/2022 Tesla Model 3 Performance
I bought my car at 2800 miles. I planned to track it right away. I asked the service department at Acura and they refused stating the warranty service only covers when the car engine light says it's time to change. Not knowing how the first owner drove and knowing I was going to be driving the car hard at the track, I paid out-of-pocket to have it changed.

Cars, even the more expensive ones, are meant to be driven. Do what you want to do with it, but enjoy what you paid for.

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
Posting just to keep the ABP chain going.

I'm at 950 miles and have hit post break-in. I'm just going to follow the recommended schedule and bring it in at 15% oil life.

I'll periodically check the oil level and color as I get closer to that point and change the oil beforehand if I'm not comfortable with its condition.

bvanlieu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 White ITS, 2015 Cayman GTS
Amsoil claims 25k miles, and I do use it in all my vehicles, but I would never let my oil go more than 5k miles.
When I can't get to it in my Z for example, if it takes until 6500 miles, I don't sweat it, knowing that the oil is good for 25k miles according to Amsoil, but I do try to be on time with the oil changes, my vehicles have 900, 178k, and 249k miles on them, and all run perfectly.
I don't know how much hype is out there, and what is real, but I do feel confident with Amsoil.
Certainly not trying to start JAOWOTI (just another oil war on the internet) but why spend so much more $ on a high PAO special blend product to use it for 5K? Just get some M1 EP and do your 5K with nice trips to Walmart (and just think of the extra people watching time at wally world).

I've BTDT, with my 370z I went the extra mile (hehe) to find Penn Ultra vs. Platinum, as it was a slightly different blend and not as easy to find. The HR engine was happy going to 7500 so lets give it some good sauce.

I'm not delusional: at 3-5K for an OCI, Supertech was perfectly fine for the car as it meets all the specs required.

Amsoil is a good product, but its not unicorn tears either. :D

I personally am not thrilled with a 0w20 in this car knowing the euro manual is different, but also have to acknowledge the base oils of today are not like 20-30y ago, and know the new specs are met and engineers worked hard to blend them, I'm not more qualified then they are.