• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Do I need to let my integra cool down after driving?

Big Duck

First Name
Big
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra, 240sx
I drive a 2024 integra base spec and was wondering if I need to let the car sit and cool down after driving since it's a turbo engine? I know there's some cars out there that will automatically cool the turbo even after the car is turned off so I wanted to see if that might be the case here too. Right now I'm letting the car sit for about 30-60 seconds after driving depending on how spirited it was. I really just wanted to see if I am just wasting my time sitting in my car 😅

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
when I am driving "spirited" I usually make sure I take it to down to easy driving keeping the RPMS under 4k the last 5 minuntes of the drive home.
but yeah never wind it out and then shut it off as the oil in the turbo can cook.

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6M
Just tone it down that last few minutes of your drive and you are fine. If you NEED to flog it right into your driveway, then it probably wouldn’t hurt to let it idle for a minute or so.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Remember turbo timers
I remember thinking I was so cool when people looked at me weird as I walked away and my car was still running.

Last I recall, the turbo timers were necessary for turbos that were not water-cooled. Virtually all OEM turbos are water-cooled.

That said, letting the car idle for a few seconds after running it hard is not a bad idea.

Audio79

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 99
Those was the day's I'm getting old lol

bvanlieu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 White ITS, 2015 Cayman GTS
30s of nomal driving, idle, park done. Its not a Gen3 RX7 after all . I mean HKS will always take your money if you like :D

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
I believe it's a good idea to drive an engine hard some times.
But it's a bad idea to do that either starting very cold, or to turn it off when very hot.

OP
OP
Big Duck

Big Duck

First Name
Big
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra, 240sx
I believe it's a good idea to drive an engine hard some times.
But it's a bad idea to do that either starting very cold, or to turn it off when very hot.
I always let it warm up til the tach is at around 1k and cool down for 30-90 seconds after driving