• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Would you buy this ITS?

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
EDIT:
If you are reading this for the first time, here is the summary and what ended up happening.

I didn't like that the liquid carbon had 144 miles on it the dealer made me a deal but it was still too high for a car with miles, so I found another dealer willing to beat any deal I had with a different car with only 4 miles on it, so I decided to cancel my order with the one dealer and get my deposit back and buy from a different dealer,.

I bought an Apex blue with 4 miles on it for 1k less than the other deal with 3 accessories installed, door visors, splash guards and locking lugs nuts, out the door was 58,859.54 tax, reg, fees etc.. I brought my own financing so with 17k down, I am financing 41k.
End EDIT:

I'm about to buy my ITS finally, after a long wait.
The dealer brought in a car from another dealer for me because I wanted the color, turns out the car has 125 miles on it.
I told them, I don't want it.
I want one new, with fewer than 25 miles on it.
I don't think it is a lot to ask when buying a new car.
I am a little anal retentive about details and I plan to break the car in according to my age-old break in, take it easy for 1k miles, under 4k rpms, under 60 mph and no hard braking etc.. then oil change and go.

So when they came up with a car with 125 miles I felt like, meh, doesn't excite me, it means they did a ton of test drives in this car and you know how people treat test driven cars.
So, am I wrong?

Would you buy your new Type S with 125 miles on it?

They offered me 250$ off but I laughed at that.
Let me know what you all; think.
I plan to take delivery one way or another a week from Friday, as long as I can find a car near me,. or have a dealer bring one it.
I made a deal for 53k with two accessories and 59 out the door.
Not great but MSRP
What do you all think?

Last edited:

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I’m in southern California and it seems like out here, MSRP deals are about as good as it gets.

That being said, there’s plenty around that I wouldn’t settle for something that somebody could’ve potentially flogged for 125 miles.

What’s the reason it’s got that many mileage to begin with?

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I’m in southern California and it seems like out here, MSRP deals are about as good as it gets.

That being said, there’s plenty around that I wouldn’t settle for something that somebody could’ve potentially flogged for 125 miles.

What’s the reason it’s got that many mileage to begin with?
No idea, my guess is they used it for test drives?
The dealer had to go get it and drive it back 40 miles so that accounts for 40, but the rest, who knows.

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
I wouldn't, not without a bigger discount.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I wouldn't, not without a bigger discount.
So, how much of a discount?
Are you at all worried about who drove it, how they drove it, what that might mean?
I was thinking about asking them to drop 1250.00$ 1k for the msrp that went up after the first of the year and the 250 they offered me already.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I would buy it. If the car is otherwise mint, I wouldn't worry about a few test drives. It's not like anyone was wide open throttle, bouncing off the rev limiter for 25 miles straight. A couple of spirited test drives won't hurt anything. Just my opinion. Get it and enjoy it.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I would buy it. If the car is otherwise mint, I wouldn't worry about a few test drives. It's not like anyone was wide open throttle, bouncing off the rev limiter for 25 miles straight. A couple of spirited test drives won't hurt anything. Just my opinion. Get it and enjoy it.
Ok, but how do you know that?

If they drove it 40 miles to get it for me, that leaves about 75 miles unaccounted for.
My thinking is either they did 55 test drives or someone tool the car home or they used it as a loaner, either way, raises a lot of questions.

Believe me it would so easy for me to take this car, and it is perfect otherwise and ready to go, But I just don't feel great about it, I hate the unknown and plus, I don't need a car, I am buying this as a reward to myself I always wanted a brand new Honda or Acura I could break in myself and own, and this kind of ruins that for me.

If people have been using it, then it is not a new car.
I would love for you to talk me into it, lol it would make my life easier, But I just don't know if I can feel good about it or not.

I'm, going to go look at the car in person Friday, and make up my mind then.

In the meantime, I contacted 5 other dealers and explained the situation, if any of them come up with a car with 20 miles or less in the color I want and can match the price, I think I will just buy that car.
I'm all set at the bank, pre approved, got my down payment etc... so all that is left now is to find the right car.
I saved up 17k$ for a down payment over the last 10 months so I have waited this long, but now that my loan is about to close, I don't want to keep waiting.

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Personally, if I could get roughly $2k off the car it would be a purchase.

As far as concern for the abuse, I feel modern engines are more robust than the machines of the past. So unless there are signs of the car being absolutely thrashed on test drives, I wouldn't be TOO concerned about it. Check fluid condition, strange smells once the car is driven a bit, pad and rotor condition, exhaust tips for excess carbon buildup, etc. I know it's way too early for any of that stuff to pop up but it's still worth a look. It's probably not what you want to hear, but if it comes down to it, you could trade up for a newer model next year and take a little bit of a bath. This is where that $2k discount comes into play, to hedge the loss on trade a little.

It should be obvious but my thoughts are to be taken with a grain of salt and a shot of tequila as the alternative is to continue the search (which I don't feel is a bad idea either). A lot can be said for peace of mind. If they can discount this car steeper, it would be a tough call but I would take the plunge with plans to trade up in the future and take a small loss on trade.

For what it's worth, my brand new 2021 M2 Competition had 80 miles on it when I bought it (at a 2.5% discount at the time). At 19k miles, it still starts up and drives as well as on day 1 and a lot of the common engine rattles and complaints that owners report are also not apparent on my car.
Granted it could absolutely shit the bed tomorrow but that's life.

Whatever your decision, I don't think it will be a bag one.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
I think the $1,250 is fair to ask. These cars are somewhat special and should be low milage unless they sell it as a demo car, hence the discount.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Personally, if I could get roughly $2k off the car it would be a purchase.

As far as concern for the abuse, I feel modern engines are more robust than the machines of the past. So unless there are signs of the car being absolutely thrashed on test drives, I wouldn't be TOO concerned about it. Check fluid condition, strange smells once the car is driven a bit, pad and rotor condition, exhaust tips for excess carbon buildup, etc. I know it's way too early for any of that stuff to pop up but it's still worth a look. It's probably not what you want to hear, but if it comes down to it, you could trade up for a newer model next year and take a little bit of a bath. This is where that $2k discount comes into play, to hedge the loss on trade a little.

It should be obvious but my thoughts are to be taken with a grain of salt and a shot of tequila as the alternative is to continue the search (which I don't feel is a bad idea either). A lot can be said for peace of mind. If they can discount this car steeper, it would be a tough call but I would take the plunge with plans to trade up in the future and take a small loss on trade.

For what it's worth, my brand new 2021 M2 Competition had 80 miles on it when I bought it (at a 2.5% discount at the time). At 19k miles, it still starts up and drives as well as on day 1 and a lot of the common engine rattles and complaints that owners report are also not apparent on my car.
Granted it could absolutely shit the bed tomorrow but that's life.

Whatever your decision, I don't think it will be a bag one.
Thanks for that, I appreciate the input.
Not sure what I am going to do yet.
Part of me wants to get it because, screw searching, it has been 10 months of waiting, ya know, but the commonsense part of me says why should I settle?
I am paying a lot of money and there is no way they discount it 2k for me.
I am thinking maybe 500$ but I'm sure they won't move more than that.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I think the $1,250 is fair to ask. These cars are somewhat special and should be low milage unless they sell it as a demo car, hence the discount.
I'm going to ask for the 1250.00 off but I seriously doubt they will go for it to be honest.

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Every new car gets absolutely floored to redline off the train or boat or whatever it was delivered in. Dock workers have entire trains to unload and aren't going to dawdle around in the name of some break-in procedures. If not them then the techs doing the PDI.

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You gotta try, go in prepared to walk. 10 months was a long wait (I can sympathize with you on this one, I still haven't taken delivery of mine yet) but a little longer for the right car isn't too bad.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
I'm going to ask for the 1250.00 off but I seriously doubt they will go for it to be honest.
Present it to them in a logical way. Point out that a new car with transport and PDI is 10 miles worth, they put 40 on the clock to get it to you and maybe another 5 for their PDI. AFAIK, each dealer does their own PDI not to get screwed by another dealer.

So you're looking at maybe 60 total as being acceptable and it has twice as many. My play would be to say it's been used as a demo for at least a few miles, and the price should reflect that, and if you try hard and they don't budge, you can always fall back on asking for a free extended warranty because ultimately your concern is potential hard driving by others which leads to premature failure of components.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
You gotta try, go in prepared to walk. 10 months was a long wait (I can sympathize with you on this one, I still haven't taken delivery of mine yet) but a little longer for the right car isn't too bad.
I agree but my loan officer wants an invoice number to close on the loan, but still if I can hold off I will.
I am 100% prepared to walk, lol that isn't an issue at all.