• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

HEL Oil Cooler Group Buy FL5/DE5

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
On the civic site Unity put together a group buy for the FL5/DE5 HEL oil cooler. It has already reached enough for a $175 discount and a handful more will bump it to the next tier. Post below from https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threa...l5-oil-cooler-kit-at-unity-performance.52909/
Other sellers list it compatible so we should be okay. Maybe Unity can chime in on this.

@Unity Performance
Hey Gang!

So with the introduction of the FL5 we thought that weā€™d finally get 20-minute all-out pace sessions on track, but thatā€™s proven to be yet another dream thatā€™s far from reality. After 15 minutes on a mildly warm September day at 85% pace the oil temp was at 125C / ~260f, and I had to do a cool down lap to not suffer an oil temp related engine failure that I experienced in my FK8 (no oil cooler at the time) a month earlier.

With that said, Iā€™m delighted to share that Unity Performance is now an Authorized Dealer for HEL Performance USA, the US-subsidiary for a UK-based manufacturer of motorsport products. HEL Performance UK developed this kit on their own shop FL5, their testing data shows nearly 20C reduction in oil temps. I, like any of you tracking your FL5ā€™s need that drop in oil temps to have any hope of a reliable platform to enjoy at the track. To kick off the relationship weā€™re doing it the Unity way with a Group Buy!

Here are the details:

1. Minimum of 5 participants required

2. Group buy start date: December 11th, 2023

3. Group buy end date: December 24th, 2023 at 3PM EST

4. $250 Deposit Required for entry
https://unity-performance.com/produ...-buy-deposit-only?_pos=1&_sid=134968693&_ss=r

5. Remaining balance required by 11:59 PM EST on December 24th, 2023. Payment can be made in full or via payment terms that can be arranged via Sezzle Finance right on the website

6. Shipping will commence for fully paid orders in January

7. Shipping will be FREE for US & Canada Group Buy Entrants ($45 USD Value)

8. Revised Group Buy Pricing in USD as follows. CAD pricing visible in website

MSRP = $899.98 USD
5-14 participants = $175 OFF. $725 USD + Free Shipping (US + Canada) + no Tax (US-only)
15+ participants = $250 OFF = $650 USD + Free Shipping (US + Canada) + no Tax (US-only)

IMPORTANT: HEL Performance UK has given notice that there will be an increase in MSRP on January 1st, 2024, due to rising costs. To offer the above price it is crucial that everyone on board has completed their order no later than December 25th, allowing me to process the bulk purchase with HEL Performance USA by December 26th and locking in at the current price point. Any later will be too late as they require 1-2 days to process and give the UK Team a confirmed count before New Yearā€™s weekend that starts on Friday the 29th.

Cm1M0MUubxFNGl57yiPqNmsXwKo8-dG5gMsydWu9xahz3Pkz_U.png

Last edited:

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I was thinking about this group buy as well & @Azkyrie6 sent me a video earlier about the crash bar being different from the Japan & US version & this guy is working with HEL to fab a U.S. version bracket. šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø I could mod it the same way this guy did too, butā€¦I donā€™t wanna anymore šŸ˜†

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I was thinking about this group buy as well & @Azkyrie6 sent me a video earlier about the crash bar being different from the Japan & US version & this guy is working with HEL to fab a U.S. version bracket. šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø I could mod it the same way this guy did too, butā€¦I donā€™t wanna anymore šŸ˜†

I thought they updated the design for the NA market. I'll ping on the other forum and find out

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I hope so. Thanks!
Another member caught the description below.

On the product page to make the deposit it says USA and China (Silver Aluminum crash bar) so it should be good to go

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Another member caught the description below.

On the product page to make the deposit it says USA and China (Silver Aluminum crash bar) so it should be good to go
That was quick on HELā€™s part to get those available. Thanks for sharing! Someone mentioned the Black Friday sale was even cheaper. So now I have to decide - now or November. šŸ˜†

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
That was quick on HELā€™s part to get those available. Thanks for sharing! Someone mentioned the Black Friday sale was even cheaper. So now I have to decide - now or November. šŸ˜†
Oh. What was the price then?

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Oh. What was the price then?
He didnā€™t say actually. His FB comment read something like ā€œBlack Friday was less expensive than the 20% group buy.ā€

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
He didnā€™t say actually. His FB comment read something like ā€œBlack Friday was less expensive than the 20% group buy.ā€
Interesting. Right now it's 22% off and if we get 15 to buy in it bumps the discount to 28%

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Interesting. Right now it's 22% off and if we get 15 to buy in it bumps the discount to 28%
Nice! I will do some homework to see if what he said is accurate. Pricing is usually $900 on those if I remember correctly, right? So 28% off is about $252?

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Nice! I will do some homework to see if what he said is accurate. Pricing is usually $900 on those if I remember correctly, right? So 28% off is about $252?
Yeah. I rounded on the percentage conversion.
5-14 people
$175 off of 900
15+
$250 off of 900

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Well. Second tier is unlocked...

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Changed my oil yesterday after 4k miles.. a dark black.
I went ahead and ordered one.

Sosa11203

First Name
Sosa
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 E63S Wagon, 2019 Raptor, 1992 R32 GTR 868whp,
Iā€™m trying to debate. There is some trimming that needs to be done with the inner bumper. Itā€™s slightly different from the type R