• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Best Dealership to Buy Accessories From

L___I

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M440 GC
There are a few accessories I want to pick up for my future Type S and it seems like consensus is not to buy from your local dealer because there are others that will sell for cheaper online. Which Acura dealers are the best for accessories? If you can get the dealer you're buying the car from to install for no charge I'm wondering if it's even worth the headache of buying seperately. Also curious what accessories people are planning on getting. I'm going for the gloss black badges and titanium shift knob. Would like the heated steering wheel but I haven't heard anything about a Type S version of that.

lz23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
z
There are a few accessories I want to pick up for my future Type S and it seems like consensus is not to buy from your local dealer because there are others that will sell for cheaper online. Which Acura dealers are the best for accessories? If you can get the dealer you're buying the car from to install for no charge I'm wondering if it's even worth the headache of buying seperately. Also curious what accessories people are planning on getting. I'm going for the gloss black badges and titanium shift knob. Would like the heated steering wheel but I haven't heard anything about a Type S version of that.
The type s comes with a heated steering wheel in Canada

OP
OP

L___I

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M440 GC
The type s comes with a heated steering wheel in Canada
Have there been any pics or video appearances of that Type S heated steering? Is it still perforated leather?

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
^^^^
There was a picture of one of the Type S prototypes with a heated steering wheel. It’s posted somewhere on the forum. But, I don’t think it had perforated leather.

Mike

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Pull up the A Spec black badge install instructions and see if you are comfortable doing it yourself. It does involve dropping the front bumper, it's not hard but it's an extra step. Rear one just looks awkward because of the surround. I did all my own on my current car, so I am paying someone this time as I don't have the patience to do it again as I was way too much of a perfectionist lining everything up. Although most of that headache was the spoiler.

Just remember not to install the fender badges if you are going to do PPF! Rest are fine.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
depending on prices I would like heated steering wheel, blacked out badges.
Otherwise ppf, tint, and to add spare tire but those are upgrades Ill do on my own after.

OP
OP

L___I

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M440 GC
Pull up the A Spec black badge install instructions and see if you are comfortable doing it yourself. It does involve dropping the front bumper, it's not hard but it's an extra step. Rear one just looks awkward because of the surround. I did all my own on my current car, so I am paying someone this time as I don't have the patience to do it again as I was way too much of a perfectionist lining everything up. Although most of that headache was the spoiler.

Just remember not to install the fender badges if you are going to do PPF! Rest are fine.
Good to know! Dropping the front bumper definitely pushes that past something I'll have time to do myself.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
One other tip I just learned from this forum. You can install the rear black badge so that the surround is body colored instead of black. I think it looks much better, but I assume the dealer won't want to do it since it involves modifying the badge backing plate (removing the vinyl on it). So if that's a look you want, might need to do it yourself.

DukeFrisbee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Shelby GT350, VW Golf R, Jeep 4xE
Good to know! Dropping the front bumper definitely pushes that past something I'll have time to do myself.
I've removed a few in my day but I may pass on this even I if the dealer was doing it. I'm pretty picky and most modern bumpers have so many clips and attachment points I'd be worried about it going back together perfectly. I've always found engine parts - even major ones go on/off easier than body parts.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've removed a few in my day but I may pass on this even I if the dealer was doing it. I'm pretty picky and most modern bumpers have so many clips and attachment points I'd be worried about it going back together perfectly. I've always found engine parts - even major ones go on/off easier than body parts.
My 95 Integra's bumper never went back on correctly... That said, new bumpers are designed to be removed for semi regular maintenance since most cars require it to replace headlight bulbs. And if you have the bumper off to install the badge, might as well throw on a new intercooler 😉

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S
My 95 Integra's bumper never went back on correctly... That said, new bumpers are designed to be removed for semi regular maintenance since most cars require it to replace headlight bulbs. And if you have the bumper off to install the badge, might as well throw on a new intercooler 😉
I think I can take my RSX bumper off in my sleep at this point (have to for CAI filter swaps and such). It's all clips and 4 screws on the bottom. The issue is the crazy angle of the screws in the wheel well, those are tough (but not super important tbh).

Luckily there's lots of aftermarket clip options so you don't have to buy them for like $2 each or something insane at Acura. 20 years ago that was my only option it seemed haha.