• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Would you buy it again?

GeoX750

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla Model S
Would buy again 100%. The ITS is the sixth car that me and the wife current have, and it filled my goal of having a modern car that I consider the successor to my very first car, 1986 Corolla GTS (yeah, I passed on the 1986 Integra back then). I plan on keeping this car forever next to my AE86 and pass it down to one of my sons.

I fell for electric cars 6 years ago and have had multiple Teslas and an Audi e-Tron GT. I bought the ITS to bring me back to gas-powered manual transmission cars.

Regarding the ITS shifter, it's not as good as I was expecting based on what I had read and heard on Youtube. My 1995 BMW 325i actually shifts better, but to be fair it only a 5 speed. I find the ITS notchier than the e36, but I have never owned a 6 speed before.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Most definitely would buy again. I'm coming from a C8 and have to say the ITS is so much more maneuverable and practical while being even more engaging to drive hard.

But I have my moments where I think about "what if" with a Type R. I wonder about how much handling I'm giving up comensurate to the better ride quality in the ITS. Even if the price is considered equal (after markup), how much will I really miss the Type R at track?
The only thing you'd miss from the Type R at the track are the seats and dash layout/software.

I do wish I had at least some reference of oil temp gauge, but from what I read on the forums the Type R doesn't either. The ITS doesn't tell you much; you have a tach that does flash red as a shift light, and the HUD- but it's tough to argue that the Type R will present more relevant information and the +R mode dash layout is better.

Some reviewers mention the Type R has a slight edge on turn-in, but the ITS has an advantage with its power curve pulling out of corners. I think it's about 95%+ the exact same experience; both are exquisite experiences on the track. There are tons of vids on YouTube with direct comparisons, it's rare where someone chooses the Type R over the ITS and when they do they can't actually quantify why (e.g., Thomas from Throttle House) so it's pretty much down to subjectivity. For what benefits you gain on the street over the Type R, there's not a significant enough advantage on the track unless you're heading out every weekend or just like the looks better. Some hardcore Honda fanboys obsessed over the Type R badge in the 90s so I can get the nostalgia sense too- otherwise ITS has too much going for it to justify these sorts of thoughts IMO.

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
In a word: Yes.

In many more words: Yes. I've had a bad habit of always compromising on something big with past car purchases and those compromises would always lead to regret after the honeymoon phase with the those new cars would start to wear off.

The ITS by far has the fewest and smallest compromises I've made of any of my car purchases. No AWD is probably the biggest compromise I'm making with myself and my preferences, but I've been fine with FWD cars and winter tires and I'm really not particularly upset about that. I do wish the car had a spare tire too though.

Otherwise, the ITS is fast, practical, has one of the best manual transmissions on the market, and I expect it'll be reliable. It's also the first car I've had where I don't find myself with the urge to do something with the exhaust to make it just a bit louder.

I also like that the ITS sits at, or at least near, a peak of sorts that makes it at least a bit special. I see it as a FWD driver's car with manual transmission and one heck of an awesome performance-tuned engine under the hood.

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 BMW M3 Competition
The answer is a definite YES.

I was very skeptical but excited when I got through the pre-ordering event and was able to reserve one of the first 250 vehicles. After a couple of months of waiting, which it seemed like forever with a lot of pissed off moments seeing others got their deliveries in FB and this forum, I was able to bring home the car. And there is not a moment that I did not smile when I drive it. To me, this car is such a great pleasure to drive and own. I am now getting ready to tune it with Hondata and hopefully TSP stage 1, and looking forward to what this car will become!

Murry101

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2014 GLI Autobahn
I've had my car for exactly two weeks and I know its the right car for me. Not sure what other people cross shopped, but I looked at the CTR, the baby Blackwing, and a couple of muscle cars (Mustang GT & Camaro SS). I wanted a fast, fun car with manual transmission.

The Honda dealer wanted $60k for the CTR and the seats KILLED my back. I never test drove a Mustang or Camaro, although I tried. No one seemed to have one available. The performance specs and the price were intriguing, just not enough to overcome my aversion to big 2-door cars. I was close on the Blackwing. The dealer was willing to order and sell at MSRP. The sales guy called me because they took a 2022 6-speed in on a trade and he said I could test drive it. When I arrived at the dealer, the sales manager overrode him. He said they couldn't let me test drive it because it was a "mileage sensitive" car. BS, it alredy had 16k on the odometer, another 5 wouldn't matter one iota. I wrote them off after that and I started thinking about a decision I made 20 years ago. I purchased a 2000 Civic Si new (my first car I purchased for me). In 2003 the 350Z was released. I wanted something faster than my B16 Si, so I traded it in for the 350Z. Although it was faster, it was never as special as the Si. Look at current values for low mileage examples and you'll see the market agrees with me. I mention this because I think the ITS is a special car. It doesn't need to be the fastest to be the most fun. It's subjective, but that's my opinion. I smile everytime I get behind the wheel of my ITS.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Unequivocally a resounding yes. Four months of ITS ownership and I still enjoy driving this car as I continually learn to drive it smoother everyday. It’s one of those cars that looks stunning to me and I know will continue to stun me for a long time.

it’s rare to find a manual car this good. Many seem to think manuals will be impossible to find in the future, if that’s the case why wouldn’t it be a yes? Theres always new cars and features coming out but doesn’t mean it’s game changing or life altering. Fact is this is a car I enjoy now and will enjoy for a long time. Very few can check all the boxes.
Chasing new cars constantly is costly, find one that you love and stick with it. The Integra Type S is that vehicle for me

preston23

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
The answer is a definite YES.

I was very skeptical but excited when I got through the pre-ordering event and was able to reserve one of the first 250 vehicles. After a couple of months of waiting, which it seemed like forever with a lot of pissed off moments seeing others got their deliveries in FB and this forum, I was able to bring home the car. And there is not a moment that I did not smile when I drive it. To me, this car is such a great pleasure to drive and own. I am now getting ready to tune it with Hondata and hopefully TSP stage 1, and looking forward to what this car will become!
What was your secret that day? I tried for hours, and the site crashed. I kept clicking refresh, so maybe that was my problem.

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 BMW M3 Competition
What was your secret that day? I tried for hours, and the site crashed. I kept clicking refresh, so maybe that was my problem.
I had 7 browsers opened in one computer, my iPad and my iPhone. I continually refreshed when they crashed. I was able to get to the payment window and then crashed again. The second time I was able to get to the payment again and went through. The whole thing took me more than 30 minutes. And I think luck also played a big factor here. I don't know if I would be so lucky the next time.

preston23

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
I had 7 browsers opened in one computer, my iPad and my iPhone. I continually refreshed when they crashed. I was able to get to the payment window and then crashed again. The second time I was able to get to the payment again and went through. The whole thing took me more than 30 minutes. And I think luck also played a big factor here. I don't know if I would be so lucky the next time.
That’s sweet. What number is yours off the production line?