• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Would you buy it again?

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
I.... no. I would've just bought a Honda civic hatchback sport touring 6mt and fully paid it. I've had my fill and I'd definitely prefer no payment + cheaper insurance.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I wouldn't have bought my Aspec if I knew the type S would be out a year later. That would have saved me some cash.

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
Not to hijack because the thread is about the ITS and I bought an ASPEC. But I feel my car has many compromises. I've owned heavier, more substantial cars, the Integra is more tinny, and the seats are 90 minute seats, not 4 hour seats.
I actually test drove a Mercedes 300E and it offers the solidity I like, and slow car fast type performance. But would be far too much work and expensive parts to keep it performing as I like.
While it's far from perfect, and the ITS would improve on some shortcomings, it's a great mix of handling, performance, value, luxury, comfort and style. I've looked at ALL the options, but some not too closely, and for me this is definitely the right car for me to enjoy.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
If it's a manual at this point, it's fair!

You actually reminded me of something- I always enjoyed the shifter in all my 240SX's... and in fact I may recall getting in friends' Hondas and feeling how obvious the cable was. But this was over 20 years ago, and I was way too young (and poor) to really pay enough attention to do direct comparisons.

Part of me wants to go find a nice S13 to drive right now... but then I'm sad that finding a "nice S13" is the rough equivalent of finding a live dodo. They simply don't exist outside of museum exhibits.
Stop making me feel old.

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2022 RDX A-Spec
I wouldn't have bought my Aspec if I knew the type S would be out a year later. That would have saved me some cash.
Same here , luckily my dealer gave me top dollar trade for mine. So it helped make the loss minimal. For me I have no regrets, at the price point of the ITS would do it again. One vehicle I do miss was my explorer ST I got rid of for my wifeā€™s RDX. The 400hp in that was crazy, handled well also. Problem was quality was so bad in both build quality and mechanical.

bruins71

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
This is my third Acura ,I had a 2020 supra for 4 years. Nice car
but it did not check off lots of boxes for me. The Integra gives me more space (golf clubs ) the supra was only a summer car . This intergra will be a year round car. It looks amazing and handles nice. I absolutely would purchase this again even though i have only had it for 1.5 months.

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C
The only remorse thought I recently had was the fact that I could have bought a brand new Mazda Miata and a used pickup truck and had the best of all worlds at almost the same price as what I paid for the ITS.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
The ultimate test of loyalty...if you had to do it all over again, would you still buy an ITS? And if yes, exact same spec you picked up?
Without any doubt.
I set out to buy a reliable, low cost of ownership car to use as a daily for the next 300k, I landed on a 2023 civic hatchback sport, 6 spd manual, 2.0 liter 4 cylinder Earth Dreams motor, this is a bullet proof car, practical, fun to drive, very inexpensive to own, and great on gas yet still engaging, great car.
Then I saw the FL5 and though hmm, I don't go to the track and never will, but I do like the performance of that car, so when they announced the Type S, everything in me said, that is it, that is the car.
It gives me the reliability and peace of mind I want while retaining the performance of my Z or similar and a great manual shift experience, I won't buy a car that isn't manual right now unless it is an EV, which I am not ready to buy either.
The ITS is the perfect car for me, at this stage of my life.
It isn't perfect, I wish it had several changes to it, but at its heart, its core, it is what I need and want out of a new car right now.
I would absolutely buy one right now.

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Winter beater currently
The only remorse thought I recently had was the fact that I could have bought a brand new Mazda Miata and a used pickup truck and had the best of all worlds at almost the same price as what I paid for the ITS.
At the risk of hijacking this thread since I donā€™t have mine yet: Iā€™m debating internally whether to get the Type S, or the 2024 Miata which will be the last pure-ICE MX-5. The Miata I can see myself keeping forever as a manual transmission weekend toy, while I daily something comfy and always technologically ā€œcurrentā€.

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C
At the risk of hijacking this thread since I donā€™t have mine yet: Iā€™m debating internally whether to get the Type S, or the 2024 Miata which will be the last pure-ICE MX-5. The Miata I can see myself keeping forever as a manual transmission weekend toy, while I daily something comfy and always technologically ā€œcurrentā€.
I think that is a great call.

ChicagoShogun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Most definitely would buy again. I'm coming from a C8 and have to say the ITS is so much more maneuverable and practical while being even more engaging to drive hard.

But I have my moments where I think about "what if" with a Type R. I wonder about how much handling I'm giving up comensurate to the better ride quality in the ITS. Even if the price is considered equal (after markup), how much will I really miss the Type R at track?

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
Most definitely would buy again. I'm coming from a C8 and have to say the ITS is so much more maneuverable and practical while being even more engaging to drive hard.

But I have my moments where I think about "what if" with a Type R. I wonder about how much handling I'm giving up comensurate to the better ride quality in the ITS. Even if the price is considered equal (after markup), how much will I really miss the Type R at track?
Depends what track I believe. I really enjoyed the Throttle House review which put them head to head.

The conclusion in their video and a bunch of other Youtube video reviews was that the extra stiffness of the +R mode suspension was moot if you had any kind of bumpy/uneven surface.

And if anyone really thinks they made the wrong choice with the ITS, they can swap the seats, change the suspension module and put on some CUP2 tires and effectively have a CTR to 99%.

Bigislander

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Iā€™ve had my ITS for 2 mos and have 2700 miles on it. I had a 2010 Accord Coupe V6 with 64K on it. I thought I would miss my coupe, but the ITS is a great daily driver. The K20C feels like a race engineā€¦itā€™s tautā€¦responds well and is reliable. The looks absolutely fantastic without screaming ā€™look at meā€™. Mine is PWP because I wanted a stealthy color, and with the California heat I wanted a car that would be cooler in the summertime. The tranny is an absolute dream to drive...no slopā€¦just direct shifts. I also like the 5 dr. design. The hatch area gives the right flexibility. New potential Prelude is nice, but wonā€™t be as flexible as the ITSā€˜s layout, plus it will either be electric or hybrid. Iā€™ll take the K20C. Yes, I would buy it again. Good video done by Everyday Driver where they compare ITS, Type R and S3. Guess what they pick? Yep!