• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Would you buy it again?

Steve48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes EQA, BMW 330e. ITS On Order.
The ultimate test of loyalty...if you had to do it all over again, would you still buy an ITS? And if yes, exact same spec you picked up?

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
This reads like a bot post.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
Honestly I don't know, this car was a lucky call that I got.

If I had to buy a new vehicle right now. It will be a boring crossover, probably hybrid.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I'm not 100% sure, but leaning towards probably...
I checked out a lot of cars before getting this one. There are certain things about the ITS that I don't love:
1. it feels big to me... not when driving with purpose -- it handles small -- but when navigating parking lots, etc., and the interior feels massive; I'm a 2 door car lover at heart.
2. the sound of the turbo 4 leaves a lot to be desired.

But, as a total package, it just does a better job across the board than other cars I cross-shopped and tried. The steering is fantastic for an electric rack at this price point; nothing else comes close, and a lot of other cars (*cough* Supra *cough*) are just so bad in that department. The shifter is good, too (although overrated imo). Those are two points that are so important to the driving experience that so many other options just miss entirely. For me, the feel and feedback from items you interact with while driving are paramount, and the ITS (and FL5) nails those. Once you get used to that kind of quality feel through every interaction, it's hard to give up, even if you're gaining a better power plant and awd.

edit: not hating on the Supra... the platform / motor are fantastic, and it looks great; the steering is just a big miss imo.

Last edited:

jpooah1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S Apex Blue
The ITS is my first honda/acura and I was curious and enthused to buy and be a part of that. Looking online such a robust Honda lovers group of fans. This car being part of the Type R lineage and car of the year. A sport sedan with luxury puts it in good position, but the looks of the car and the engine draw me the most. Now the question of buy again will likely be no from the standpoint that in 5 years there will be something else. I love the car. Manufacturers and engineers are coming up with better technology all the time. So it’s fun to think about what next. Did you see the Japan autoshow right now with the new prelude and mazda 2 rotor and electric sport coupe concept.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Yes. Unequivocally. This one's a keeper (although I am interested to see what may come with a possible PMC edition...). I wish this car was released 5 years ago, would have saved me a lot of unnecessary cars. I absolutely adore this car and it's not gotten old AT ALL.

I have seen the new concepts and the Mazda in particular is very interesting- but if I buy another car it will be in addition to the ITS. I can't imagine a scenario where I'd actively look to replace it.

The shifter is good, too (although overrated imo).
You didn't like the Porsche 6 speed either... so what do you consider a good shifter?

You're not allowed to say "Numeric" or some shit like that... we're talking OEM. Name a better one.

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
I could be wrong but I think the OP was asking if you could go back in time, looking backwards not towards future cars..Me at only 300+ miles yes I would...ask me next year with about 15-18K...

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I could be wrong but I think the OP was asking if you could go back in time, looking backwards not towards future cars..Me at only 300+ miles yes I would...ask me next year with about 15-18K...
I think it's fair to bring up future cars. The whole concept of "going back in time" implies you bring with it knowledge you've gained up to this point, which includes the concepts that went on display this week. Knowing that an RX-7 or Prelude is coming (and not much more than that...) could be cause for pause on buying an ITS, so it's fair.

IMO.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Yes. Unequivocally. This one's a keeper (although I am interested to see what may come with a possible PMC edition...). I wish this car was released 5 years ago, would have saved me a lot of unnecessary cars. I absolutely adore this car and it's not gotten old AT ALL.

I have seen the new concepts and the Mazda in particular is very interesting- but if I buy another car it will be in addition to the ITS. I can't imagine a scenario where I'd actively look to replace it.

You didn't like the Porsche 6 speed either... so what do you consider a good shifter?

You're not allowed to say "Numeric" or some shit like that... we're talking OEM. Name a better one.
OEM in a currently produced car... I can't. MX-5 is very good, too, though (fragility aside). When I say overrated, I'm not trying to say it isn't first-rate, just that it gets too much hype / praise. Most reviews just drool over it, and I think they go over the top.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
OEM in a currently produced car... I can't. MX-5 is very good, too, though (fragility aside). When I say overrated, I'm not trying to say it isn't first-rate, just that it gets too much hype / praise. Most reviews just drool over it, and I think they go over the top.
This is a fair take... but also it's tough to be overrated when it's literally the best lol.

I get what you're saying though. I think the same about the stereo.

I've heard the S2000 shifter is better but haven't driven one.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
This is a fair take... but also it's tough to be overrated when it's literally the best lol.

I've heard the S2000 shifter is better but haven't driven one.
It is -- similar, but with a slightly shorter throw / tighter gate spacing and more feedback. I suppose it's not really a fair comparison, though (re: cable vs direct).

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It is -- similar, but with a slightly shorter throw / tighter gate spacing and more feedback. I suppose it's not really a fair comparison, though (re: cable vs direct).
If it's a manual at this point, it's fair!

You actually reminded me of something- I always enjoyed the shifter in all my 240SX's... and in fact I may recall getting in friends' Hondas and feeling how obvious the cable was. But this was over 20 years ago, and I was way too young (and poor) to really pay enough attention to do direct comparisons.

Part of me wants to go find a nice S13 to drive right now... but then I'm sad that finding a "nice S13" is the rough equivalent of finding a live dodo. They simply don't exist outside of museum exhibits.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Undoubtedly, yes & yes.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
If it's a manual at this point, it's fair!

You actually reminded me of something- I always enjoyed the shifter in all my 240SX's... and in fact I may recall getting in friends' Hondas and feeling how obvious the cable was. But this was over 20 years ago, and I was way too young (and poor) to really pay enough attention to do direct comparisons.

Part of me wants to go find a nice S13 to drive right now... but then I'm sad that finding a "nice S13" is the rough equivalent of finding a live dodo. They simply don't exist outside of museum exhibits.
Add it to BaT / C&B and forget about it until it jumps in front of you, lol

Incognito_ABP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

My criteria is a bit different than some others here though, which I think colors my decision and appreciation for the car. I have two kids and need four doors, so I never even considered the Supra, M2, or other non-sedans. I was also looking to avoid anything German since I plan to keep this car for 8 to 10 years, and I've lived through the pain of paying for repairs on an aging BMW.

So with that, I was mostly cross-shopping Genesis G70, Lexus IS 500, Kia Stinger, even a used Lexus GS or GS F or Tesla Model S. I couldn't get enthralled with any of them. G70 was ok, not great. Same with the Stinger. IS 500 is in a completely different price bracket. Model S is a rocket ship but completely soulless. GS is an old platform, terrible nav, no CarPlay, etc. And obviously, none of them had a manual option.

So when the Type S was released, it was the only thing that checked all the boxes for me. Sedan, Japanese, manual transmission, modern architecture and features.

Are there little annoyances? Yeah. But this thing has soul for days. It's infatuating to drive. It's fast, it's comfortable, it has tons of passenger and cargo space, and it hopefully will have the Honda/Acura reliability and durability.

Just typing about it makes me want to go drive it now...