• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Winter Tire Specs (Type S)

moneypal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S White
Hello fellow owners wanted to see what your plans were for those getting winter tires. I have the accessory gold wheels, and the stock black wheels so was gonna try and find tires for that. Finding winters in 19 inch rims is not ideal. Tirerack is suggesting a 245/35/19 what are your opinions?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
If your sticking with 19s there isn't many choices without changing the overall diameter of the wheel. 265/35/19 would give you an extra 0.5" of road clearance.

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I would consider, if you haven't already, getting all seasons for the winter if you're sticking with the OEM wheel size. And possibly going up to 35 profile as mentioned above.

RamVA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Beat, Acty, Prelude, CBR1kRR, ITS, Motocompacto
I would consider, if you haven't already, getting all seasons for the winter if you're sticking with the OEM wheel size. And possibly going up to 35 profile as mentioned above.
I'm in the same camp. If you're sticking with stock wheels I think A/S will make more sense than snows. 245/35-19 should fit those wheels and only give a little bit larger rolling diameter than stock. There just aren't many options for snows in that size (maybe just the Pirelli P-Zero). I looked at 225/35-19 and I think they are too narrow for the stock rims.

For those who need proper snows, I think you'll want to get 18"s.

Like the OP, I am getting the copper wheels and would like to put winters on the black ones. Looks like they'll be all-seasons.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm in the same camp. If you're sticking with stock wheels I think A/S will make more sense than snows. 245/35-19 should fit those wheels and only give a little bit larger rolling diameter than stock. There just aren't many options for snows in that size (maybe just the Pirelli P-Zero). I looked at 225/35-19 and I think they are too narrow for the stock rims.

For those who need proper snows, I think you'll want to get 18"s.

Like the OP, I am getting the copper wheels and would like to put winters on the black ones. Looks like they'll be all-seasons.
245 could be a bit narrow for the stock wheel width. Chart online is showing 255-275 for a 9.5" wide wheel.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Hello fellow owners wanted to see what your plans were for those getting winter tires. I have the accessory gold wheels, and the stock black wheels so was gonna try and find tires for that. Finding winters in 19 inch rims is not ideal. Tirerack is suggesting a 245/35/19 what are your opinions?
@Integra23 made an awesome recommendation for some Vredestein 19" all seasons. So not really winters, but some revered all seasons by the reviewers. Might be good enough for MI? My dad lives there too & he also builds and races, but he a truck for winter.

I was pretty set on the coppers as well - I REALLY wish they had difference size options to choose from & they were forged for the price. For less money I'll get a better performing wheel that's flow forged & incredibly light with a nice offset that's supposed to bring perfectly flush with the fender. So I'm going 18" instead for performance & 19" for the colder months.I still need to research when the Michelin AS's will be available for our size wheel though, otherwise it's Vredestein or something comparable when it's colder. Personally, I need something more geared towards performance & maybe slightly wet road weather & a good compound for the temps - but not as much geared towards light snow/icy roads. I'll just play it safe & either not go out or take the suv. My last Integra project got scrapped due to shipment damage & it was a difficult time (LOL), so if anything happens to this one too soon I'm going to be really bummed. 😄

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
@Integra23 made an awesome recommendation for some Vredestein 19" all seasons. So not really winters, but some revered all seasons by the reviewers. Might be good enough for MI? My dad lives there too & he also builds and races, but he a truck for winter.

I was pretty set on the coppers as well - I REALLY wish they had difference size options to choose from & they were forged for the price. For less money I'll get a better performing wheel that's flow forged & incredibly light with a nice offset that's supposed to bring perfectly flush with the fender. So I'm going 18" instead for performance & 19" for the colder months.I still need to research when the Michelin AS's will be available for our size wheel though, otherwise it's Vredestein or something comparable when it's colder. Personally, I need something more geared towards performance & maybe slightly wet road weather & a good compound for the temps - but not as much geared towards light snow/icy roads. I'll just play it safe & either not go out or take the suv. My last Integra project got scrapped due to shipment damage & it was a difficult time (LOL), so if anything happens to this one too soon I'm going to be really bummed. 😄
Vredestein have limited sizes.. 255 max width in 18s

Screenshot_20230724-085916.png

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Vredestein have limited sizes.. 255 max width in 18s

Screenshot_20230724-085916.png
Good point! I plan on doing 19's in these (or similar) & just getting a second set of Pilots in 18" to go with the Apex wheels.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Good point! I plan on doing 19's in these (or similar) & just getting a second set of Pilots in 18" to go with the Apex wheels.
So making the 18s a summer wheel?

RamVA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Beat, Acty, Prelude, CBR1kRR, ITS, Motocompacto
The whole thing is quite annoying. I'd like to be able to run the car in the winter, but we don't get too much snow in Virginia, and we have a couple Audis I can drive. But it's shocking how slim the choices are in the right size. I'm gonna risk doing the Michelin A/S in 245-35/19, since I'll have the extra set of wheels, but even that is wider than I would like. Alternative is A-Spec take-offs, just need to make sure they fit over the brakes.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
The whole thing is quite annoying. I'd like to be able to run the car in the winter, but we don't get too much snow in Virginia, and we have a couple Audis I can drive. But it's shocking how slim the choices are in the right size. I'm gonna risk doing the Michelin A/S in 245-35/19, since I'll have the extra set of wheels, but even that is wider than I would like. Alternative is A-Spec take-offs, just need to make sure they fit over the brakes.
Aspec has a different bolt pattern..

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
For those of you who get lots of snow (like us in Canada), you should really consider a narrower tire.

I'll probably go with some 225 tires on 18" wheels.

You really want a narrow tire that will dig in the snow, not a wide tire that will "float" on top of the snow (like a snow shoe).

AC22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Based on conversations within the FL5 community, I picked up a set of lightly used 245/40R18 Hakka R3. Hoping to keep some performance through Canadian winters.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Here this close to the coast in the mid-Atlantic I can easily get away with all seasons, especially now that I don't have a commute that requires me to drive in inclement weather. I'll probably swap out for all seasons on the OEM wheels for the first year, it's only a couple months away and that worked for me last year in the Boxster. Looks like my go-to Michelin A/S 4 isn't made in the OEM size so Conti DWS 06+ it is. I've had both and they're both excellent.

I'm not real sure what I'll do next. I'm thinking I'll get some aftermarket wheels and put Cup2s on them in spring for my ax/track adventures through the summer, and have the OEM wheels with the all seasons on ready to swap in November. I'm getting used to selling gently used tires at this point... still have yet to list the Michelin A/S4s I have in my garage from my 718...