• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

dmd2005

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10 Tundra, 18 Tesla M3P & 21 MYP, 18 FK8, 24 ITS
Quite a bit of snow and smart move with the canopy!
Got about 16” of snow Thursday, so this is after brushing off the snow today. Still 8” of snow in my backyard. Definitely couldn’t have driven in the deep and slushy conditions the last few days with the hills and uncleared roads. My lowered FK8 under the cover isn’t going anywhere anytime soon with only 4” of clearance to the front lip.

IMG_0940.jpeg

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
She's clean. A quick touchless car wash from todays 10 hour trip

20240123_03.jpg

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
1000003664.jpg
1000003667.jpg

Few days ago... cleaned the car off but she hasn't moved... won't put it thru the salt when it doesn't need to. Did that with my rsx for the 14 years I had it and ultimately what made me sell it.

I did at least clean it off
1000003684.jpg
nice to stay away from salt when possible. Stuff is nasty.

I spy an S2000 tucked away! What’s the story with that car? Long term

20240123_03.jpg
love gray .. looks so good in any lighting!

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Sorry man, every time I see you reference a touchless car wash it makes me throw up a little.

S0V.gif

Just the chance that a corner lifts on my PPF is enough to keep me away from any touchless wash... but I can't deny there really isn't a much better way to get the salt off.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
Sorry man, every time I see you reference a touchless car wash it makes me throw up a little.

S0V.gif

Just the chance that a corner lifts on my PPF is enough to keep me away from any touchless wash... but I can't deny there really isn't a much better way to get the salt off.
as nice as PPF works out for some people, this is just one more reason I won’t ever get it(again) … pros and cons to everything though !

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

S0V.gif

No issues with my ppf yet and I run it through this carwash 2 to 3 times a week.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
as nice as PPF works out for some people, this is just one more reason I won’t ever get it(again) … pros and cons to everything though !
PPF is worth it. My Aspec had a lot of rock chips after a year. My last car the hood and bumper had a ton and it was black so the primer was showing and it was littered with white specs.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
PPF is worth it. My Aspec had a lot of rock chips after a year. My last car the hood and bumper had a ton and it was black so the primer was showing and it was littered with white specs.
how much of the car has been PPF’d? Maybe just the roads I take or something but in all of my cars I’ve never seen rock chips as a big issue. Sure, a couple over the years but even with tracking the cars I don’t see much damage. Or I just ignore it perhaps. Lol. Nice option for some folks and glad it handles the touchless car wash for you! Maybe optronix just got unlucky in the past?

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
how much of the car has been PPF’d? Maybe just the roads I take or something but in all of my cars I’ve never seen rock chips as a big issue. Sure, a couple over the years but even with tracking the cars I don’t see much damage. Or I just ignore it perhaps. Lol. Nice option for some folks and glad it handles the touchless car wash for you! Maybe optronix just got unlucky in the past?
Technically you're supposed to be able to run it through a touchless wash, but my installer is almost 2 hours a way and it would be a HUGE pain to take it back to him if it did get screwed up. I have had terrible PPF before though, but not from this installer.

I'll never get PPF on a white car ever again, I will tell you that.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I did full front and A-pillars .
The A spec had 20k miles on it when I sold it. I drive roughly 60 miles on a normal day with some 500 mile day trips mixed in each month. About twice a week I encounter trucks carrying sand or gravel driving in the passing lane just spewing debris. I usually start hearing the car pick this up about half mile back. Sounds like the front is getting sandblasted with rocks periodically smacking the windshield.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
Technically you're supposed to be able to run it through a touchless wash, but my installer is almost 2 hours a way and it would be a HUGE pain to take it back to him if it did get screwed up. I have had terrible PPF before though, but not from this installer.

I'll never get PPF on a white car ever again, I will tell you that.
I had it in my first “nice” new car … F80 M3. A white car, the edge peeled up a couple spots on the bumper and I could see dirt under the edge. Terrible. never again lol. plus I just dont mind a couple chips here and there when it’s $6-10k for a wrap job and I go through 2-3 cars/year … it doesn’t make sense for me but a personal choice with many pros/cons…

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
I’ve had just my headlights wrapped in PPF for the last year and a half and run through touchless wash at least once a week; all good here still!