• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
Buried in snow. Covered in salt. Left in the cold while the garage queens hog the limited space. Never ideal, but part of what makes this car special is its versatility.

I’ve been running the conti dws06+ and find them to work quite well! Not a 4WD truck on mud & snow tires obviously, but adequate to handle a couple inches of snow and slush. Numerous days in single digit temps.

anyone else got some photos!?

IMG_6598.jpeg

IMG_6591.jpeg

IMG_6583.jpeg

IMG_6590.jpeg

KindaACarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S (ABP/Black) ; Tacoma TRD
Good to see the ExtremeContact DWS 06 PLUS tires are treating you well. I am going to switch to those when the summer tires wear down, or get a separate set of wheels with those tires for winter. My ITS is hibernating in the garage, since the temps have been hovering around 27-37 degrees for the past few days. I would like a set of tires to enjoy the car all year long. However, this does give me an excuse to keep my truck.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
300 mile trip on Friday and snapped a quick pic while grabbing a bite. Running 275/30/19 DWS06+

20240119_1.jpg

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Good to see salt-of-the-earth folks out here using the car as god intended. Not the clowns over on the Civic forums who have their panties in a wad over pre-delivery inspections. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The DWS06 are very ok lol. They're not flat out dangerous like PS4S would be, but the car will slide very easily if you're not paying attention. A lot of that probably has to do with Maryland's half-assed approach to treating the roads but ideally if you're in this stuff a lot you'd have a proper winter tire for conditions like we're seeing in pretty much half the country lately.

I didn't take any pics because my car is just sort of dirty. I used it to go to Taco Bell. I have the luxury of not being forced to drive anywhere when conditions are like this, but the beauty is I can if I want to.

I REALLY love this car.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I normally park it down in the detached shop if it’s crazy cold or precipitation is coming in mainly bc I spend too much time washing, but not always. I didn’t pay attention enough to when the weather was coming in here. 😄 But we made it to hockey practice in the morning with zero issues on the DWS+ also. Roads were plowed and salted already though since we live in hill country & they’re pretty good about making sure everything is good in this area. Pavement is so cold though I was bouncing & losing grip even in 3rd gear with the TSP D-rob tune when I went to get on the skinny.

IMG_1332.jpeg

IMG_1333.jpeg

pho69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A Spec 6sp manual
Buried in snow. Covered in salt. Left in the cold while the garage queens hog the limited space. Never ideal, but part of what makes this car special is its versatility.

I’ve been running the conti dws06+ and find them to work quite well! Not a 4WD truck on mud & snow tires obviously, but adequate to handle a couple inches of snow and slush. Numerous days in single digit temps.

anyone else got some photos!?

IMG_6598.jpeg

IMG_6591.jpeg

IMG_6583.jpeg

IMG_6590.jpeg
Interested to know what are the garage queens that forced the Type S out into the snow! Btw beautiful type S

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
Interested to know what are the garage queens that forced the Type S out into the snow! Btw beautiful type S
C8 Z06 in my case. It’s a small garage though! I imagine other folks have other examples too! The ITS can take the cold though so I’m not worried!

pho69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A Spec 6sp manual
C8 Z06 in my case. It’s a small garage though! I imagine other folks have other examples too! The ITS can take the cold though so I’m not worried!
Nice garage man. ITS as a daily driver and Z06 as weekend cruiser. Nice 👍

davelemi

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Does this count? 😂
The roads are terrible and it’s much too cold for summer tires. It’s not my daily driver, but I may get the Conti’s

IMG_2053.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
Hurts to see your cars out in snow😔
A little snow never hurt! The salt isnt great but it’s just part of life for some of us, unfortunately! Gotta rinse it it off from time to time though.

maybe we should all post photos once we get them cleaned up!

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
Nice garage man. ITS as a daily driver and Z06 as weekend cruiser. Nice 👍
I drive the Z06 a decent amount even in some rain once in a while. But i draw the line with any snow … 345mm wide rear tires would not do well lol. My justification for having it at all is track days. It would be a lot of (unused) car if I only ever drove it on the street, but that makes it a very nice complement to the ITS!!