• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Winter Tire Specs (Type S)

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Still looking at Apex?
I like a set they have but $650 a wheel seems steep for a Chinese manufacturer.
Yes, I like those specs a lot & they still seem reputable from what I can tell so far. Plus if I can get a set for 2k or less shipped (haven't confirmed numbers yet) & they're willing to work with me on fitment & satisfaction issues as a beta tester, it gives a little piece of mind.

Otherwise it's Rays/Volk/Vossen but they are heavier although not flow forged. Vossen's might be though - or hybrid forged is their thing sometimes. They look good on this gray Audi though šŸ˜Ž

IMG_2074.png

IMG_2070.png

IMG_2069.png

edido

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
I just had Conti Extreme Contact DWS put on yesterday in stock size. I would have loved to keep the 4Sā€™s but it is what it is.
Can you please share the exact model / size? If you purchased the tires online please share the website.

Yato

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Soon
Too soon to say. I don't notice much difference and I probably won't since I never tracked the car.
Well thatā€™s a good enough anecdote for me. Guess Iā€™ll grab a set as well lol.

STi from DSM

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 Audi S4 - Quantum Gray
So coming from Audi I have 255/35/19 as my stock size tire for the vehicle. Thinking if you slim down the 265 to 255 and widen the sidewall from 30 to 35 that could work as a winter tire for the ITS? I haven't bought tires yet for the winter but will be doing so in the next few weeks. Really starting to think I should get the bronze set of wheels too but I would use those in winter as I like them less than the graphite ones. But, if I can buy a setup for less than the $2100 I would definitely entertain that.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
For those of you who get lots of snow (like us in Canada), you should really consider a narrower tire.

I'll probably go with some 225 tires on 18" wheels.

You really want a narrow tire that will dig in the snow, not a wide tire that will "float" on top of the snow (like a snow shoe).
Thatā€™s my plan for ITS or CTR for Massachusetts, 18s probably OZs and 225 Nokian snows. Iā€™ve never bent an OZ wheel and had a couple sets.

rayman.g

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1985 BMW 325E
Still looking at Apex?
I like a set they have but $650 a wheel seems steep for a Chinese manufacturer.
Slightly steep but their customer service is real good. BMW community loves 'em and they give you discounts on buying rims to replace cracked ones from use. Another benefit is that their fitment guides are top notch.

ITS_320

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Accord 2.0T/10AT, '24 ITS
Well thatā€™s a good enough anecdote for me. Guess Iā€™ll grab a set as well lol.
I also had DWS06+ fitted yesterday on the stock wheels in the stock tire size (265/30/19). They are a little quieter on the highway vs the PS4S, which I think are noisy. I haven't done any hard driving to find the traction differences. I'm sure the grip levels in warm, dry conditions will be nowhere near the limits of the PS4S but they seem like a great compromise tire.

kdevane

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I also had DWS06+ fitted yesterday on the stock wheels in the stock tire size (265/30/19). They are a little quieter on the highway vs the PS4S, which I think are noisy. I haven't done any hard driving to find the traction differences. I'm sure the grip levels in warm, dry conditions will be nowhere near the limits of the PS4S but they seem like a great compromise tire.
Today, I swapped out the stock PS4S for the DWS06+ on the stock wheels in the stock tire size, too. I only drove ~25 miles today after getting them installed, so it's too soon to fully conclude, but so far, I would totally agree with you, @ITS_320. One additional observation I have is that they have less steering feedback and take some getting used to when taking corners quickly, but they perform very well considering they are all-seasons. The vagueness is offset by the additional comfort and less noise, though. They seem like they will turn out to be great "compromise" tires that still allow for enough fun to justify keeping them on all year in the northern climates (especially if swapping them with summers every season is not possible or not an option for any reason).

edido

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
Sorry for asking it again (I asked in some other thread, but still cannot make a decision):
I am considering DWS06+ 265/30/19 (match the stock wheels size) vs. Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 265/35/19 on stock wheels.

From what I read Michelin are a bit better tires, but I am concerned a bit about 35 vs. 30 thread. I think a few people installed 265/35/19. I wonder what I should expect cons/pros with 35?