• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Winter Tire Specs (Type S)

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Sorry for asking it again (I asked in some other thread, but still cannot make a decision):
I am considering DWS06+ 265/30/19 (match the stock wheels size) vs. Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 265/35/19 on stock wheels.

From what I read Michelin are a bit better tires, but I am concerned a bit about 35 vs. 30 thread. I think a few people installed 265/35/19. I wonder what I should expect cons/pros with 35?
I'm sure it would be fine. your speedo will read a couple of MPH low with 35 sidewall but otherwise you should enjoy them. they'll be a little less harsh as well. Should give the wheels a little more meaty look too. I kind of like that and would sacrifice the speedo inaccuracy for the 265/35.

I would also do this except I do track the car so likely going to 18" wheels with 265/35 for the track, and keep stock rims/tires for around town.

ITS_320

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Accord 2.0T/10AT, '24 ITS
Sorry for asking it again (I asked in some other thread, but still cannot make a decision):
I am considering DWS06+ 265/30/19 (match the stock wheels size) vs. Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 265/35/19 on stock wheels.

From what I read Michelin are a bit better tires, but I am concerned a bit about 35 vs. 30 thread. I think a few people installed 265/35/19. I wonder what I should expect cons/pros with 35?
Here's a visual of the difference.
https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.p...2=35&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=9.5&offset2=60

Personally, I'd be okay with a 1 or 2 percent change in speedo. But close to 4% is getting significant. It would probably work but I'd just stay with the OEM size or go -1 to an 18 inch wheel with more tire options.

I don't think the DWS06+ is a worse tire than the PSAS4. Continental kind of pioneered the high performance all season category with the original DWS06 and their current DWS06+ still rates very highly. I wouldn't be afraid to run either tire and I'd consider them equals in the segment. This is my second set of DWS06+, I have an 18 set on another car for the last two years and they've been fantastic. They are wearing very evenly (I rotate every 5k).

edido

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
Here's a visual of the difference.
https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.p...2=35&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=9.5&offset2=60

Personally, I'd be okay with a 1 or 2 percent change in speedo. But close to 4% is getting significant. It would probably work but I'd just stay with the OEM size or go -1 to an 18 inch wheel with more tire options.

I don't think the DWS06+ is a worse tire than the PSAS4. Continental kind of pioneered the high performance all season category with the original DWS06 and their current DWS06+ still rates very highly. I wouldn't be afraid to run either tire and I'd consider them equals in the segment. This is my second set of DWS06+, I have an 18 set on another car for the last two years and they've been fantastic. They are wearing very evenly (I rotate every 5k).
DWS06+ it is! Thanks for pointing out the 4% difference.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
4% mileage adjustment at 60 mph is 2.4 mph. That makes sense I always adjusted my high speed driving accordingly, i.e. set the cruise at 7 or 8 mph over the speed limit, etc.

edido

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
4% mileage adjustment at 60 mph is 2.4 mph. That makes sense I always adjusted my high speed driving accordingly, i.e. set the cruise at 7 or 8 mph over the speed limit, etc.
I am sure I could get used to it. If Continental quality is similar to Michelin, I think it's better to stick with 30.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
The Continental all-season Tires everyone is getting for the ITS are a good choice. I ran them on my GTI as well and thought they were great. It's almost impossible for most of us to safely outdrive their capability on public roads.

rojohi

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 DE5, 2019 FK7, former owner 2018 Fk8
For those of you who get lots of snow (like us in Canada), you should really consider a narrower tire.

I'll probably go with some 225 tires on 18" wheels.

You really want a narrow tire that will dig in the snow, not a wide tire that will "float" on top of the snow (like a snow shoe).
I am using Blizzak 245/40R18s on mine, and have been great with Newfoundland winters the past 3 winters. I guess I should have went narrower, but fortunately no floating for me on the snow.

Midnight_VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Has anyone else ordered from wheesco a full winter package? My TPMS they installed supposedly preprogrammed still doesn’t work. I have been to KalTire who doesn’t have any 2024 MY data and Honda and the latter tells me they cannot get the new sensors to talk the car. Wheelsco say this has never happened before but are willing to refund me the cost of the original less shipping if I have to buy an Oem set…. Seems like a lot of hassle. There has to be somewhere I can go to get these reprogrammed? Should I just wait a few months the to see if the data for 2024 MY are released or just bite the bullet and buy more sensors?

slo_its

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
I got my winter setup recently. Haven't had a chance for a better photo. It's just go go go with kids.

T1 motorsports got a local wheel maker OPE made a custom +45 offset of their FF06 wheels in 18x9.5 and put on Michelin Pilot Alpin 4s, 265/35/R18.

I decided this route because I didn't feel like spending similar amount for 235 width and plan on driving mostly in dry and wet conditions. So thought I'd keep the tire width. It's also a way for me to feel what +45 offset feels like versus stock.

Biggest difference thus far from handling perspective is slower turn-in, which is likely a combination of taller sidewall and difference in tires. Have not noticed any torque steer within traction limits. Grips really well in wet, better than ps4s during rainy summer days.

There's a bit of worse stability but I found one tire a bit low on pressure in the back so thinking that might be the issue.

I do like to push the car to its limits whenever I can in corners and accelerating. So this is encouraging. Though I'm sure handling feel might be accentuated by summer tire treads.

1000004851.jpg

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
The Continental all-season Tires everyone is getting for the ITS are a good choice. I ran them on my GTI as well and thought they were great. It's almost impossible for most of us to safely outdrive their capability on public roads.
continental winterContact 265/35R19 would also be a fine choice.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Has anyone else ordered from wheesco a full winter package? My TPMS they installed supposedly preprogrammed still doesn’t work. I have been to KalTire who doesn’t have any 2024 MY data and Honda and the latter tells me they cannot get the new sensors to talk the car. Wheelsco say this has never happened before but are willing to refund me the cost of the original less shipping if I have to buy an Oem set…. Seems like a lot of hassle. There has to be somewhere I can go to get these reprogrammed? Should I just wait a few months the to see if the data for 2024 MY are released or just bite the bullet and buy more sensors?
I ordered a sensor for my spare tire from Tire rack. just slapped it in and it worked immediately. they are supposed to be self learning or whatever, if you get the right one of course.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I still seem to get flat spots on my DWS06+. First fee mile on the highway it vibrates at higher speeds. After a few miles it gets better. Not sure I'd push pass 110 with these. Is anyone else experiencing this?