• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What’s it gonna take to get you to buy a Type S?

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
sounds like we’re being set up for something nice in the Type S
They haven’t disappointed with a current Type S yet so here’s hoping they keep the streak going.

Re making money, putting a decent manual in the Type S won’t sell a pile of those but if they can make the Type S exciting enough the halo effect could sell lots of other trims.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
They haven’t disappointed with a current Type S yet so here’s hoping they keep the streak going.

Re making money, putting a decent manual in the Type S won’t sell a pile of those but if they can make the Type S exciting enough the halo effect could sell lots of other trims.
Sure about that?

The TLX Type S has the specs of a like 2012 Taurus SHO, or a 2018 Kia Stinger GT, and is behind a 2016 Lincoln MKZ, or Infiniti Q50 Red Sport. They were the LAST maker I think to the 350+HP AWD v6TT game.

The MDX Type-S has the specs that slot it between the Edge ST and Explorer ST, both of which also handle better. While costing 20-23k more than either.

To be frank I'm MASSIVLEY disappointed with the Type-S's I've seen when it comes to performance.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
Sure about that?

The TLX Type S has the specs of a like 2012 Taurus SHO, or a 2018 Kia Stinger GT, and is behind a 2016 Lincoln MKZ, or Infiniti Q50 Red Sport. They were the LAST maker I think to the 350+HP AWD v6TT game.

The MDX Type-S has the specs that slot it between the Edge ST and Explorer ST, both of which also handle better. While costing 20-23k more than either.

To be frank I'm MASSIVLEY disappointed with the Type-S's I've seen when it comes to performance.
Not to get too wrapped up around your grease wheel but you have a ford aviator and your posts speak high of ford. So there’s some brand bias.
for the majority on this forum they’re on here because they want an integra or at least leaning towards one. Which also postulates the ones on here tend to do more diligence in researching

to your point, a lot of Acura customers are looking for a pretty civic with a little more power. Heck even Subaru is throwing cvt into their halo car.
times are changing as are pocketbooks and wants/desires.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Not to get too wrapped up around your grease wheel but you have a ford aviator and your posts speak high of ford. So there’s some brand bias.
for the majority on this forum they’re on here because they want an integra or at least leaning towards one. Which also postulates the ones on here tend to do more diligence in researching

to your point, a lot of Acura customers are looking for a pretty civic with a little more power. Heck even Subaru is throwing cvt into their halo car.
times are changing as are pocketbooks and wants/desires.
I named other brands in my post, but sure, ignore Kia, and Inifiniti. Also ignore my point, Thats fine too.

Name another company that makes a Performance SUV to compare the MDX Type-S to and its actually a good performance comparison with. I'll wait. Because BMW's NON-performance trims are on par with the Type-S MDX for cheaper, same with the Audi SQ5.

I've also been a member here since announcement so I'm well aware about what "member" here want. But members here are also NOT the average Acura buyer.

Also, the WRX is NOT a "halo" car for Subaru, the STi is.

Care to try actually addressing my points instead of trying to hide behind excuses about what car I own? Or just not have any real argument to make?

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I named other brands in my post, but sure, ignore Kia, and Inifiniti. Also ignore my point, Thats fine too.

Name another company that makes a Performance SUV to compare the MDX Type-S to and its actually a good performance comparison with. I'll wait. Because BMW's NON-performance trims are on par with the Type-S MDX for cheaper, same with the Audi SQ5.

I've also been a member here since announcement so I'm well aware about what "member" here want. But members here are also NOT the average Acura buyer.

Care to try actually addressing my points instead of trying to hide behind excuses about what car I own? Or just not have any real argument to make?
The MDX S actually doesn’t compete with the SQ5 it’s the Q7 55 and the X5 Xdrive 40i. The MDX S offers more for less if you think about it. Air Suspension, 25 Speakers which fun fact on the X5 you can’t order the upgraded speakers even on X7 due to Chip Shortage, Massage seats that only the X5 M50i and X5 M can have.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech

to your point. There’s many brands that make cars akin to the mdx. Im an owner of one. A Macan S. With what the MDX charge. It’s par for par. My Macan was 60kish. It smokes on paper all the cars you’ve mentioned.
From a passenger car perspective my 992 would also blow out any car you’ve mentioned. But clearly price wise not so much

But this is an Acura forum specifically an integra forum so a car that should be low to mid 30’s and we are talking about how to find a sweet spot for a car in that range.
I just wanted to field my point. You are obviously free to make any point you want. I won’t engage further. I’m just happy our reservations are happening today.

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
You said in the CVT thread that Acura fans are clamoring for the Type-S and its not for its performance....and then say its a disappointment? Which is it sir? Instead of turning every comment into an argument focus on keeping your story straight first.

INB4 you say you're entitled to your opinion. Of course you are. That doesn't make it gospel.

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Sure about that?

Lol, oh you’re talking about specs.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
You said in the CVT thread that Acura fans are clamoring for the Type-S and its not for its performance....and then say its a disappointment? Which is it sir? Instead of turning every comment into an argument focus on keeping your story straight first.

INB4 you say you're entitled to your opinion. Of course you are. That doesn't make it gospel.
I said that about the TLX, and that its performance is disappointing. Reading comprehension is a thing. None of what I said contradicted.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Lol, oh you’re talking about specs.
If I'm buying a performance trim, its performance matters. more so when it JUST came out, has markup, and is being compared, and in some cases LOOSING to cars much cheaper and 5+yrs older than it.

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
Sure about that?

So this isn't you also complaining about the TLX here? Ironic for you to be talking about reading comprehension. It helps to actually be smart if you want to talk like the smartest man in the room.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
So this isn't you also complaining about the TLX here? Ironic for you to be talking about reading comprehension. It helps to actually be smart if you want to talk like the smartest man in the room.
Yes i am, and that's not contradicting anything that I said...how about You actually POINT OUT where you think I'm contradicting instead of making random quotes. You know... form an actual argument.

I have ALWAYS seen and stated the TLX type-S as late to the game when it comes to its performance. I have NEVER said otherwise.

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
You're arguing about the performance and specs of a car you explicitly state people are buying NOT FOR THE PERFORMANCE. If you don't see how ass backwards that is you're just here to run yourself in circles and argue. Enjoy the car or don't. There's a reason most people that interact with you here have to explicitly state that they're moving on from talking to you. Insufferable.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
You're arguing about the performance and specs of a car you explicitly state people are buying NOT FOR THE PERFORMANCE. If you don't see how ass backwards that is you're just here to run yourself in circles and argue. Enjoy the car or don't. There's a reason most people that interact with you here have to explicitly state that they're moving on from talking to you. Insufferable.
Thats not circles at all, saying that a performance trim doesnt impress me with its performance does NOT contradict the fact people are buying it. Guess what, I'm also not impressed with the Nissan Sentra performance... people still buy it. It just means they are buying it for ANOTHER reason than the ones I care about.

He said the Type-S hasn't disappointed, I pointed out how it was a HUGE disappointment to ME that is NOT at all a circle.

Thats you just not understanding the things you read.

Last edited:

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
Thats not circles at all, saying that a performance trim doesnt impress me with its performance does NOT contradict the fact people are buying it. Guess what, I'm also not impressed with the Nissan Sentra performance... people still buy it. It just means they are buying it for ANOTHER reason than the ones I care about.

He said the Type-S hasn't disappointed, I pointed out how it was a HUGE disappointment to ME that is NOT at all a circle.

Thats you just not understanding the things you read.
Not sure why people are flaming you. Didn't reviewers almost universally say that the TLX Type S could've used some additional power due to it being so heavy? I'm sure it's an absolutely fantastic car to have and drive, but I don't think it's wrong to want more performance from a performance trim. I think it was even slower than cheaper cars in its own class, and I know it's not meant to be a drag-race car, but again it just means it's not unreasonable to expect a more expensive car to perform a little better.