• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What’s it gonna take to get you to buy a Type S?

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
To me the people wanting the Type-S are more likely the people wanting the Manual as they are the performance lovers and the ones more likely to track the car.
I think most people wanting to buy the Type S either want a manual or want an Automatic because of the constant traffic they live in. Type S in general is more street Sport but can be taken on the track.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
So I’m hearing now Auto and Manual. The 2.0T in the TLX is very similar to the Accord one meaning that the Manual could link up to it. Now take it with a grain of salt till we find out this week about Type S hopefully.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
So I’m hearing now Auto and Manual. The 2.0T in the TLX is very similar to the Accord one meaning that the Manual could link up to it. Now take it with a grain of salt till we find out this week about Type S hopefully.
Where does the Accord still have a manual? Wasn't it dropped when the 2.0T came out?

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
It was dropped but they can still manufacture it.
Would likely be easier to just use the CTR transmission with a gearing change as it's also already got an LSD.

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Ya, according to a Honda/Acura tech I know it would be highly unlikely for them to change the transmission bolt pattern between the Accord and TLX 2.0T since it’s the same block but with different engine mounts for packing in each car.

That being said, its somewhat less likely for Honda to bring back the MT for the 2.0T Integra because it’s been discontinued on the Accord… but not impossible. There’s still hope. If Acura is back on track they’ll do this… good for the brand to put their manual transmission in the top Integra.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Ya, according to a Honda/Acura tech I know it would be highly unlikely for them to change the transmission bolt pattern between the Accord and TLX 2.0T since it’s the same block but with different engine mounts for packing in each car.

That being said, its somewhat less likely for Honda to bring back the MT for the 2.0T Integra because it’s been discontinued on the Accord… but not impossible. There’s still hope. If Acura is back on track they’ll do this… good for the brand to put their manual transmission in the top Integra.
I think it would be good for those who want the MT and not an auto Type S. i also think that they still manufacture the transmission but not 100% on that. I highly doubt they would stop the production of the MT due to customers already having it in the Accord.

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
I think it would be good for those who want the MT and not an auto Type S. i also think that they still manufacture the transmission but not 100% on that. I highly doubt they would stop the production of the MT due to customers already having it in the Accord.
I suspect the production stoppage would be more about it no longer being offered in the Accord…. not sure what you mean re customers already having it leading to stoppage.

urbanglowcam

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000
For me personally, it's gonna take a 6-speed manual and (I know it's a tall ask but..) performance close to the CTR.

I'm sure this will be more of a street focused car, but how MUCH is compromised in terms of weight reduction and handling is the question.

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch

I don't see why they would put a MT on the Type S. It doesn't make sense. If the Integra's been making cost cutting moves this entire time with the CVT, the Civic interior, etc then how much money could they possibly make giving customers a MT option on their type S and catering to the small enthusiasts crowd? They already put the MT on the highest base model trim being the A-spec, Tech package. If they put it on the base Integra then I maybe they it could be possible on the Type S, but I highly doubt it.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I don't see why they would put a MT on the Type S. It doesn't make sense. If the Integra's been making cost cutting moves this entire time with the CVT, the Civic interior, etc then how much money could they possibly make giving customers a MT option on their type S and catering to the small enthusiasts crowd? They already put the MT on the highest base model trim being the A-spec, Tech package. If they put it on the base Integra then I maybe they it could be possible on the Type S, but I highly doubt it.
They can easily use a CTR transmission

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Actually using CTR powertrain would be the easiest and cheapest(in terms of R&D, not production) way to make a decent Type S.
That would be the ultimate costs cutting move.
K20C1+6MT+LSD combo already exists and will be on the next CTR too.