• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Seat upgrades...

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
I searched the forum and haven't found anything except "seat covers."

Anyone find solutions yet? I've never had aftermarket seats installed on a car before. The seat brackets seem like a big deal and are maybe car/seat specific and set your seat height? Also we will probably lose some functionality (heating, electronic adjustments, etc). i'm interested in throwing in some seats because i think the aggressive bolstering in some seats really help make the experience.

if i find anything, i'll share it here.

matt

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
01 civic
I mean, if you dont care about the heated and lumbar, then get some Recaros or Bride.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
You will most likely loose all features. Here is a video of Axion doing the mod

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
I mean, if you dont care about the heated and lumbar, then get some Recaros or Bride.
Iā€™ve had Bride seats in 4 of my vehicles. Really really like Bride seats. Super comfortable and come in a variety of sizes for different body types. Theyā€™re not great for a DD though, lol

Mike

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
yeah I donā€™t think I would miss that ā€¦ I do want to retain airbag functionality and I wouldnā€™t do a fixed bucket. I wish I could use the adjustable carbon buckets from my m3. Theyā€™re the best seats Iā€™ve had.

Iā€™d be interested to hear from someone who has gone through this to see what they say about the air bags.

seems like there are little details about seats that require tweaking/modding to make it work. Would be nice if itā€™s just plug & play.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Honestly- not worth it on this car.

Unless the CTR seats are a direct bolt-in and readily available for a semi-reasonable price, your only option is full on aftermarket and that feels like it doesn't make sense for the character of this car.

But to each their own.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
CTR seats may be the easiest (eBay has a handful available, they all say Type-R, and replacement covers are available), but I'd bet some teeth you won't get racing-style seats without losing all/most functions.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
I wouldnā€™t worry too much about functions of the seatā€¦ I imagine there are airbag (steering wheel) sensor hacks to at least keep that functional.

CTR seats are a nice option except the red and I doubt Iā€™d like the seat covers. Too ā€œPep Boys.ā€ Iā€™ll at least take delivery and try the seats out I guess but tracking with the M3 carbon buckets made me droolā€¦. Will def be looking for aggressife seats in my next track car ā€¦ ITS or otherwise

6-Speedio

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R
The biggest issue to getting any sort of aftermarket seats that retain OEM functions is the overall low production numbers of this car. They're not tiny, but no company really wants to make parts for a car that will sell 10000-15000 units max. If 1 in 50 owners spends the few thousand dollars to switch out the seats, those numbers are hard to justify to make any sort of real expensive parts.

Kamber

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type-S & ā€˜22 BRZ Limited
I'm personally not worried about losing functionality, I prefer manual seats to electronic anyway besides for driver memory function (which I don't believe the ITS has). Only thing I'm concerned with is mitigating an airbag warning light on the dash; hopefully there will be an easy defeat for that.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I'll be putting in my Braum Falcon S fixed buckets, but just for track days. Hoping "Planted" makes a bracket, haven't investigated yet. On the track the 5 point harnesses with the Falcon S seats are awesome. Not great for daily. No adjustments whatsoever though. For the money they are great. I would definitely recommend Braum. They have tons of options.

At the track I just deal with the airbag light being on. I think it's only on for the side airbags, since they are gone. My belief was the steering wheel airbag is always functional, although the passenger front airbag would not be on unless you install the wiring and pressure pads oin the aftermarket seats. A big hassle for a few track days per year. Kind of thinking the 5 point harnesses, fixed seats, and hans device will render the airbags almost useless anyway. I'm no expert though.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I've been wondering (but not looking into it yet) if the memory function can be incorporated from the Aspec & more importantly, if the ventilated seat addition from Mikstore would work. There's not that much info on it if I remember correctly. I'm guessing no, bc I'm sure it would've been discussed here somewhere already.