• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

For the love of god - how do i turn off the seat belt chime ?

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
I don't think these work on our cars, the clip has a different shape to it. i looked online and couldn't see anything that had a similar shaped clip to our cars. not that i'd want the hassle of such a contraption.

i'll see about the voltage. i don't think a multimeter probe will fit in there. maybe it will, only one way to find out.
The photo was just to give you a sense, not a specific model. I have a hard time believing that there are no useable alternatives out there but it seems like it's not an option you care about anyway.

As for the signal. You can A) find the part # and see if the manufacturer's data sheet gives you the output or B) trying using a thin gauge wire to get a useable measuring point you can get the MM on.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
This award goes to @SilverRocket for the simplest, cheapest, easiest, most effective, and least judgmental solution to OP's issue. He wants to disable the chime to ride seatbelt-free (for better or worse) and doesn't want to unplug a dummy belt clip for times when he isn't feeling risky. Problem solved.

"The Fat Guy Extender -2024 🏆"

@IntegraSpeed, I suspect your dealership can recommend an extender that'll work if this clip's shape is an issue. From what I've seen, the same stock photo is used sitewide at this place, but there's a year/make/model tool available and they claim to have a $20 extender that's guaranteed to work in a 2024 Civic: https://www.seatbeltextenderpros.com/honda-civic-seat-belt-extender/

I gotta say though, there's some irony that you don't "want the hassle of such a contraption", something you plug in once and can never mess with again, as you're struggling to unplug things under the seat and debating how to probe under there. Is it just me, or does it seem like there's not enough room for an adult-size hand under the seat? And is it something about the body angles required to get under there that makes just my back feel like it's full of rusty nails? Or does everybody's back do that?

If you're set on back-pinning these connectors, tape a thin sewing needle to your MM probe and you'll get right in. Once it's all done, Aleve works great.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
This award goes to @SilverRocket for the simplest, cheapest, easiest, most effective, and least judgmental solution to OP's issue. He wants to disable the chime to ride seatbelt-free (for better or worse) and doesn't want to unplug a dummy belt clip for times when he isn't feeling risky. Problem solved.

"The Fat Guy Extender -2024 🏆"
thank-you-the-mask.gif

OP
OP
IntegraSpeed

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
ok i ordered a rigid 3 inch one for the sake of $20, i'll give it a try. Its just that every other car i've ever owned since the chime came about, , all i had to do was plug in a computer make a change and be done with it. Or follow a sequence. Everything stayed OEM, no extra contraption to rattle. At least this seat belt extender pro company seems a little more legit, than whatever weird name vendor on amazon had. but i'll give it a try... i still can't imagine there isn't a factory way to disable it.