• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

For the love of god - how do i turn off the seat belt chime ?

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
As a life long motorcycle rider, please there's no need to warn me of the risks.. i'm fully aware. I'll be fine of unbuckling my seatbelt WHEN ITS SAFE TO DO SO!!!, but i don't want is to be told off by my car. i've always found a way to code it out, however this is my first Honda car and so far i can't find a way.

I'm happy to do a modification if need be. Someone somewhere has this figured out.. if so please share. perhaps modifying the wiring under the seat ? perhaps modifying the seat belt clip.

The option of using one of those ridiculous clips from amazon / ebay is not the solution for me,, as that makes absolutely no sense... if anything that encourages you to not wear your seatbelt. as you'd then need to unbuckle the fake seatbelt clip, then plug in the real seatbelt, all i want is being able to occasionally unclip and re-clip if i'm in a position when its safe to do so. That's all. there has to be a way. What about if you were a burns victim ? Every car must have a way. What is Honda's ?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Also interested.. for educational purposes only😉

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Why not just jump the buckle switch to make the car think the seatbelt is always on?

Easy and free to do.

There could be down sides in doing this as I don't really know how the system works in the fine details. But easy to try.

ST675R

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'10 Triumph Street Triple R; '17 VW GTI
You, Sir, did not grow up with these stickers on your seat belt buckle.

1706641716622.png

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
With my previous car there was a wire under the seat you just had to unplug. Easy peasy. I haven't looked under the integra seat, but probably pretty easy.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
I'd want to be sure that the airbag still works.
I had to do this on an older car for the airbag to work as there was a problem with the seat belt switch (and in Canada, the seat belt are not a lifetime warranty item). Had the airbag light, then jumped the wire and the airbag light went away. Car thought that the seat belt was always buckled. Just important to not drive the car without the seat belt...

Worst case, you jump the wire and you'll have an airbag light. In that case, remove the jumper...

Don't know/don't think if it is legal to do this though.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I suspect it's two different sets of wires. My previous car was set up that way too. I just looked under my seat and there's a small wire/plug in with a light blue female side and a white male side. I bet that's the one. The larger plug/harness is likely power and airbag together, or there's a third plug under there too. I couldn't quite see how to release the plug and didn't have enough room in my garage to get the door all the way open. I'll investigate more. If we can just get that small wire unplugged we can test it out! If anyone knows how to release it, let us know.

OP
OP
IntegraSpeed

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I suspect it's two different sets of wires. My previous car was set up that way too. I just looked under my seat and there's a small wire/plug in with a light blue female side and a white male side. I bet that's the one. The larger plug/harness is likely power and airbag together, or there's a third plug under there too. I couldn't quite see how to release the plug and didn't have enough room in my garage to get the door all the way open. I'll investigate more. If we can just get that small wire unplugged we can test it out! If anyone knows how to release it, let us know.
Nice, i have one of those kits, where you can de-pin most wires from 'most' automotive plugs. (after a rat ate through a bunch of wires) Perhaps this weekend, i can de-pin that wire/connector and see what happens. If i de-pin, and its the wrong wire,, I can just push it back in. Right now i've got the flu, and bending over in a cramped position, isn't high on the agenda lol but thanks for looking into this.

OP
OP
IntegraSpeed

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Buy one of those bucklers in amazon and leave it clicked in?
No i want to be able to wear my seatbelt 99% of the time, i just don't want to be beeped at on the times i want to unbuckle.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Nice, i have one of those kits, where you can de-pin most wires from 'most' automotive plugs. (after a rat ate through a bunch of wires) Perhaps this weekend, i can de-pin that wire/connector and see what happens. If i de-pin, and its the wrong wire,, I can just push it back in. Right now i've got the flu, and bending over in a cramped position, isn't high on the agenda lol but thanks for looking into this.
I'm betting you won't need to do that.

Blek le Roc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'73 Alfa GTV, '24 ITS
Ask the dealership.

My Subaru dealer showed me how to do it for my Impreza. For that car I had to insert and remove the seatbelt clip a bunch of times in a set period of time. That disabled the chime but had no other effect.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
This is the dumbest thread I read in a long time!
Either wear your seat belt, or get a set of earplugs.

And not wearing your belt will probably prevent the airbags from deploying - the entire vehicle safety system is coordinated:
https://seatplenary.com/do-airbags-deploy-if-seat-belt-is-off/
Then please ignore and move on.
It was declared on the OPs first page that Safety Nanny's should not post since they add no value to his question.