• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Excessive Seat Bolster Wrinkle?

TEPTeggy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Hello all! After enjoying reading and watching everything posted on the forum, I thought I'd join the fun!

I picked up a 2024 Integra Type S and have been loving car over the last 400 miles... except for one thing.

I noticed that the side bolsters on the driver side have developed excessive wrinkles on the side bolsters. I did get out a little awkwardly one time and might have put a little too much pressure on the left bolster (could be unrelated but I didn't notice it when I purchased the car). But nonetheless, I am a little bummed that my first new car that I've had for only a week has seats that are more wrinkly than anything else I've ever owned. It seems like the bolsters in general aren't holding up as well as I would hope. Is this normal or am I crazy? I wanted to get some opinions before attempting to get this warrantied at the dealer. Thanks!

(Side note: I am not a huge dude, skinny at 6'2)

1000013423.jpg
1000013427.jpg

Last edited:

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Hello all! After enjoying reading and watching everything posted on the forum, I thought I'd join the fun!

I picked up a 2024 Integra Type S and have been loving car over the last 400 miles... except for one thing.

I noticed that the side bolsters on the driver side have developed excessive wrinkles on the side bolsters. I did get out a little awkwardly one time and might have put a little too much pressure on the left bolster (could be unrelated but I didn't notice it when I purchased the car). But nonetheless, I am a little bummed that my first new car that I've had for only a week has seats that are more wrinkly than anything else I've ever owned. It seems like the bolsters in general aren't holding up as well as I would hope. Is this normal or am I crazy? I wanted to get some opinions before attempting to get this warrantied at the dealer. Thanks!

(Side note: I am not a huge dude, skinny at 6'2)

1000013423.jpg
1000013427.jpg
Mine does the same on the faux leather portion. I think it’ll still age well though without ripping etc

FredS2000

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024Tiger Eye Integra Type-S, 2003 S2000, '99 SVTL
Here's mine at 3800 miles, hasn't changed since i got it. I'm borderline too wide for these seats, have to fix that. Excuse the cat hair on the black.

20240211_103721.jpg

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I think it all depends on exactly how each piece of leatherette is cut. Sometimes it's a little more material than other times so they all have some creases and ripples that are a little different. I'm guessing that the foam materail inside is exactly the same on every car, so any deviation in size of seat coverings results in different results.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I know it's easier said than done to just flip a switch and change your perspective from something that bothers you, but there's no "damage" that I can see. You're best off just accepting it as normal and learning to live with it. At worst it's imperfect manufacturing. End of the day this is something that only you will notice, and until the seat actually shows signs of wear or tears, it's unlikely the dealer will do anything about it (and even then it's a hard "maybe").

That doesn't mean you can't try... But this reminds me of a similar issue with the Porsche Boxster; many folks had convertible tops that showed "creases" in the canvass far worse than others. Every now and then you'd hear of someone successfully getting a dealer to replace one, but the vast majority would report that dealers told them to pound sand. Present company included.

Overall this doesn't look that bad. This issue with the seat is far less noticeable than the issue with the convertible tops. And it's on the inside driver's side, so yeah literally only you will notice this.

Also worth noting, many, MANY cars have similar issues like this with leather seat upholstery. High-end German brands arguably being the worst offenders.

Last edited:

b0nb0n

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 1999 Civic, 1997 Celsior
Mine roughly look the same at ~6,000 miles. 6'0 215lbs. The problem doesn't seem to be the person sitting in the seat. Likely part of the manufacturing process as described above by optronix.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
And, worst case, should it tear or crease worse and warrants replacement, you can always order a new oem seat cover and it’ll be like new again! I’ll show a pic of mine today when I go out to compare 🤙

OP
OP

TEPTeggy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Thank you to everyone who responded! I suppose it'll just be something I have to get used to. I guess I'm crazy after all! LOL.

On the plus side, I can't see it when I'm driving!

DukeFrisbee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Shelby GT350, VW Golf R, Jeep 4xE
Mine has almost the exact same 2 lines on the bottom and the crease in the lower backrest bolster at delivery. Tried gentle heat and working it a bit and it's better but the lines are still very obvious. The dealer took picts and submitted it for warranty and was approved. They had to order parts (cushion? cover?). Anyway, it's going in Friday for the repair.

If you have the ability, I'd take it in and ask. My dealer only got 6 cars last year and said mine was not the only one that looked like that. There must be a design or installation issue. To me, it looks like something was wedged between the seat bottom and backrest - either in shipping to factory or at the factory.

IMG_4892.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

TEPTeggy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Mine has almost the exact same 2 lines on the bottom and the crease in the lower backrest bolster at delivery. Tried gentle heat and working it a bit and it's better but the lines are still very obvious. The dealer took picts and submitted it for warranty and was approved. They had to order parts (cushion? cover?). Anyway, it's going in Friday for the repair.

If you have the ability, I'd take it in and ask. My dealer only got 6 cars last year and said mine was not the only one that looked like that. There must be a design or installation issue. To me, it looks like something was wedged between the seat bottom and backrest - either in shipping to factory or at the factory.

IMG_4892.jpg
Thank you for sharing, I'm glad you were able to get it covered.
How many miles did you have when you brought it in?

I will have to make some time to go down there soon to try it myself.

DukeFrisbee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Shelby GT350, VW Golf R, Jeep 4xE
Thank you for sharing, I'm glad you were able to get it covered.
How many miles did you have when you brought it in?

I will have to make some time to go down there soon to try it myself.
I picked the car up in December and only have about 600 miles on it. The lines were there from day 1. Since these cars have only been out what, 8 months or so? I would think it would be a covered item - especially if it's a known issue.

OP
OP

TEPTeggy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I picked the car up in December and only have about 600 miles on it. The lines were there from day 1. Since these cars have only been out what, 8 months or so? I would think it would be a covered item - especially if it's a known issue.
Thanks.

I didn't notice anything when I first took it home. I first saw it when I was showing the car to some buddies at work.

I'd assume the sooner it's reported though the better. I'll add an update if anything happens.

Last edited:

new2teg

First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I've got the same thing...car has 200 miles on it. Passenger side is fine.
I'm taking my car in for a few items, this included, and will see what the dealer can do. I'll update this thread if they decide to replace it.

1000008005.jpg

OP
OP

TEPTeggy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I've got the same thing...car has 200 miles on it. Passenger side is fine.
I'm taking my car in for a few items, this included, and will see what the dealer can do. I'll update this thread if they decide to replace it.

1000008005.jpg
What other items have you noticed if you don't mind me asking?

I'm wondering if there are other things I haven't noticed yet that should get taken care of before bringing it in.

new2teg

First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
What other items have you noticed if you don't mind me asking?

I'm wondering if there are other things I haven't noticed yet that should get taken care of before bringing it in.
In addition to the seat, I've got:
-Infotainment rattle/buzz (should be easy fix).
-small chip on front passenger window at the very top (don't know if this is a safety issue, so going to have them replace it).
-rear defroster doesn't seem to work. I have a separate thread on this.
-hatch is misaligned with the roof on drivers side toward top. I have a separate thread with pics.
-driver side window makes a really funky noise when going down a few inches at a time. Almost like a rattle or something is loose.

Hopefully these are easy fixes. I love this car and maybe just being ocd over some of these issues, but want to keep it for at least 10 years.