• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

For the love of god - how do i turn off the seat belt chime ?

kjechel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
03 S2000 original owner, 24 ITS ABP/Ebony
And not wearing your belt will probably prevent the airbags from deploying - the entire vehicle safety system is coordinated:
https://seatplenary.com/do-airbags-deploy-if-seat-belt-is-off/
Per IIHS.org:

Newer airbags have a safety belt sensor and use an algorithm to decide whether to deploy the bag in a given crash, depending on whether people are using safety belts.

For unbelted occupants, a front airbag will typically deploy when the crash is the equivalent of an impact into a rigid wall at 10-12 mph. For belted occupants, most airbags will deploy at a higher threshold — about 16 mph — because the belts alone are likely to provide adequate protection up to these moderate speeds.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
No i want to be able to wear my seatbelt 99% of the time, i just don't want to be beeped at on the times i want to unbuckle.
You can pop them out whenever you want. A friend of mine gets these for all of his vehicles & been using for years. That other 1% of the time you can just pop it back in.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
The seat belt buckle should have 1 NO contact and 1 NC.

The NO contact becomes close when the seat belt is buckled. This is the one to jump. If the NC contact should open when the belt is buckled, so the car will think everything is OK
Not that I recommend not wearing a seatbelt nor do I recommend modifying a safety component, but here is your diagram.

View attachment Reminder Systems (KA USA DE5) (Instrument Panel, Gauges and Warning Indicators).pdf
Seems that the buckle switch are not mechanical switches anymore from the diagram. Interesting!

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
So is the thinking that if we unplug the sensor, the car will think the seatbelt is not buckled 100% of the time? I was thinking it would have no effect on the airbarg deployment. If that's the case then I won't do it. Still haven't had a chance to mess with it.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
OP
OP
IntegraSpeed

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Ask the dealership.

My Subaru dealer showed me how to do it for my Impreza. For that car I had to insert and remove the seatbelt clip a bunch of times in a set period of time. That disabled the chime but had no other effect.
I did the other day, when i was in there to plug my tire and get my alignment. They said they couldn't do it. Not sure if its cos it literally can't be done using an Acura Dealership diagnostic machine, or they didn't want the liability. He did say you could get one of those clips for the buckle itself.... So i don't think he was a 'i like to tell people how to live their life nanny' sort. and he may of just not known. Who knows. I've always just coded it out on my VW / Audi cars. Real easy to do. No cutting / jumping, seat belt on and off 20 times, just plug in the computer adapt el voila ! live free or / and die. (pardon the pun lol)

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Ask the dealership.

My Subaru dealer showed me how to do it for my Impreza. For that car I had to insert and remove the seatbelt clip a bunch of times in a set period of time. That disabled the chime but had no other effect.
I did this in my last Subaru. I thought it was a joke at first, but sure enough it works

OP
OP
IntegraSpeed

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
OK finally getting around to taking another look at this. So i unplugged the plug from the socket, and the seatbelt chime did stop ! The little icon (red unbuckled / green buckled in) on the dash showed i was buckled in, however i got two different errors that cycled through. All errors went away when i plugged the plug back into the socket. Can someone help me please understand, who has some auto electrical knowledge what has the brakes got to do with the seatbelt ? Also for the full electrical diagram its posted on #16 above. also most importantly how can i jerryrig this so i don't have to have my sealtbelt on when i'm say going at slow safe speeds and hoping in and out the car.

But here's the seatbelt part of the diagram. Again for the full diagram post #16 has it.

electrical diagram.png

Here's the plug / connector location under the seat (in the blue housing)

connector.jpg

The plug itself
wire.jpg

First warning of two

warning 1.jpg

2nd warning of 2
warning 2.jpg

I don't like messing with things i don't fully understand. There's got to be more to it, as the seat belt icon was green and it stopped chiming with that unplugged. But then the warnings came about. Trying to get a better understanding.

As a polite reminder. Net nannies need not reply. I personally like to ride motorcycles in shorts and t-shirts cos it feels nice in my nice warm sunny climate of SW Florida, so being told off by you for cruising at 'sloooooooooow' speeds without a seatbelt isn't going to save me.... Thanks.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
OK finally getting around to taking another look at this. So i unplugged the plug from the socket, and the seatbelt chime did stop ! The little icon (red unbuckled / green buckled in) on the dash showed i was buckled in, however i got two different errors that cycled through. All errors went away when i plugged the plug back into the socket. Can someone help me please understand, who has some auto electrical knowledge what has the brakes got to do with the seatbelt ? Also for the full electrical diagram its posted on #16 above. also most importantly how can i jerryrig this so i don't have to have my sealtbelt on when i'm say going at slow safe speeds and hoping in and out the car.

But here's the seatbelt part of the diagram. Again for the full diagram post #16 has it.

electrical diagram.png

Here's the plug / connector location under the seat (in the blue housing)

connector.jpg

The plug itself
wire.jpg

First warning of two

warning 1.jpg

2nd warning of 2
warning 2.jpg

I don't like messing with things i don't fully understand. There's got to be more to it, as the seat belt icon was green and it stopped chiming with that unplugged. But then the warnings came about. Trying to get a better understanding.

As a polite reminder. Net nannies need not reply. I personally like to ride motorcycles in shorts and t-shirts cos it feels nice in my nice warm sunny climate of SW Florida, so being told off by you for cruising at 'sloooooooooow' speeds without a seatbelt isn't going to save me.... Thanks.

If you can isolate the wire that is B41, using a multimeter see what the voltages are with the seatbelt buckled and unbuckled. With any luck it's a steady low voltage when buckled (5-12Vdc, and probably 0Vdc when unbuckled) and then you can simply wire it to always have that voltage when the car is on.

If too complicated, just get a fat person extender and plug it in because the "Hall" sensor is basically detecting the metal of the buckle to turn itself on. Plug in the latch and use the new buckle when desired or cut off the latch and pull the dummy buckle out when you want to really buckle in.

1709503584804.png

*Disclaimer* I am providing the above advise as a internet idiot who should not be trusted. I highly value people's freedom to do whatever they want so long as it doesn't harm others and cannot be held responsible for the results of actions taken from this post.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Interesting. I wonder if it's something redundant since with brake hold enabled and when your stopped then remove your seatbelt it automatically applies the parking brake.

Padre Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec, Tech. MT
This retired Paramedic says: CLICK IT, and get over it. Over 20 years of service as a Paramedic, those without seatbelts on end up worse off….though I will concede that the curtain-airbag system is certainly better than it was when I was practicing.

OP
OP
IntegraSpeed

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Interesting. I wonder if it's something redundant since with brake hold enabled and when your stopped then remove your seatbelt it automatically applies the parking brake.
The car drove absolutely fine. it was just giving the warnings. EPB worked fine also.

OP
OP
IntegraSpeed

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
If you can isolate the wire that is B41, using a multimeter see what the voltages are with the seatbelt buckled and unbuckled. With any luck it's a steady low voltage when buckled (5-12Vdc, and probably 0Vdc when unbuckled) and then you can simply wire it to always have that voltage when the car is on.

If too complicated, just get a fat person extender and plug it in because the "Hall" sensor is basically detecting the metal of the buckle to turn itself on. Plug in the latch and use the new buckle when desired or cut off the latch and pull the dummy buckle out when you want to really buckle in.

1709503584804.png

*Disclaimer* I am providing the above advise as a internet idiot who should not be trusted. I highly value people's freedom to do whatever they want so long as it doesn't harm others and cannot be held responsible for the results of actions taken from this post.
I don't think these work on our cars, the clip has a different shape to it. i looked online and couldn't see anything that had a similar shaped clip to our cars. not that i'd want the hassle of such a contraption.

i'll see about the voltage. i don't think a multimeter probe will fit in there. maybe it will, only one way to find out.