• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Excessive Seat Bolster Wrinkle?

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Here's mine at 3800 miles, hasn't changed since i got it. I'm borderline too wide for these seats, have to fix that. Excuse the cat hair on the black.

20240211_103721.jpg
are those illuminated sills? are they OEM?

OP
OP

TEPTeggy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
In addition to the seat, I've got:
-Infotainment rattle/buzz (should be easy fix).
-small chip on front passenger window at the very top (don't know if this is a safety issue, so going to have them replace it).
-rear defroster doesn't seem to work. I have a separate thread on this.
-hatch is misaligned with the roof on drivers side toward top. I have a separate thread with pics.
-driver side window makes a really funky noise when going down a few inches at a time. Almost like a rattle or something is loose.

Hopefully these are easy fixes. I love this car and maybe just being ocd over some of these issues, but want to keep it for at least 10 years.
That chip in the window would definitely bother me. But I haven't noticed any huge panel gaps or any of your other issues, however I did see where a small piece of sand got into the paint while I was washing it. Nothing they can do about that though.

I'm taking it in this week so hopefully I can catch everything that itches my ocd before then lol.

new2teg

First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
That chip in the window would definitely bother me. But I haven't noticed any huge panel gaps or any of your other issues, however I did see where a small piece of sand got into the paint while I was washing it. Nothing they can do about that though.

I'm taking it in this week so hopefully I can catch everything that itches my ocd before then lol.

Just took my car in today, here's what they said:
- Seat bolster wrinkle - If they swap out the cover, it will look worse. Said that since it's still cold (I'm in the NE), it should stretch when weather gets better. I'm not overly concerned at this point, will see how that seat molds as the weather changes over the next several months. If it gets worse, will consider another visit to swap out.
- Window Chip - window ordered, replacing under warranty.
- Driver side window noise when rolled a few inches at a time - dealer ordered new rubber channel. Existing one is deformed.
- hatch misalignment - needs to go to body shop. Probably will opt out of this, because I'm afraid of fixing one issue but causing another.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
- Seat bolster wrinkle - If they swap out the cover, it will look worse. Said that since it's still cold (I'm in the NE), it should stretch when weather gets better. I'm not overly concerned at this point, will see how that seat molds as the weather changes over the next several months. If it gets worse, will consider another visit to swap out.
- Driver side window noise when rolled a few inches at a time - dealer ordered new rubber channel. Existing one is deformed.
- hatch misalignment - needs to go to body shop. Probably will opt out of this, because I'm afraid of fixing one issue but causing another.
I would confirm you don't get water in the trunk with it misaligned before giving up on that one. I remember a few people on here had that issue.

OP
OP

TEPTeggy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I'm in vegas and while the mornings are still a little cool, it's starting to heat up some during the day and I haven't noticed any change.

OP
OP

TEPTeggy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Just a little update, I did take it in and honda approved a seat cover replacement. The dealer said it would take about a week for the part to arrive.

While I was talking with the guy, he said they had an A-spec (with more miles) come in with the same thing, but they didn't get approved under warranty. I was told because I had a Type-S and so little miles, that I had a better shot. Sure enough it worked out for me.

new2teg

First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I would confirm you don't get water in the trunk with it misaligned before giving up on that one. I remember a few people on here had that issue.
Definitely not getting water in the trunk - we've had some periods of nasty rain here the last month or so, and not a trace of water in the trunk. So that makes me feel a little better lol.

new2teg

First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Just a little update, I did take it in and honda approved a seat cover replacement. The dealer said it would take about a week for the part to arrive.

While I was talking with the guy, he said they had an A-spec (with more miles) come in with the same thing, but they didn't get approved under warranty. I was told because I had a Type-S and so little miles, that I had a better shot. Sure enough it worked out for me.
Glad it worked out for you!

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Anyway, it's going in Friday for the repair.

IMG_4892.jpg
Any updates on this? Did the new cover take care of the issue? I have something similar to this but it's even more minor.

I'm worried the disassembly could open up a can of worms and make things worse.

CatBus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Yes, they are a dealer installed accessory like the carbon lip spoiler or bronze wheels.
How much was this or did it come with the car when you bought it?

anyone got a link on instructions for install?

OP
OP

TEPTeggy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
How much was this or did it come with the car when you bought it?

anyone got a link on instructions for install?
It was a factory accessory you could add on. I actually didn't get it because I thought it was too expensive for what it was. $414 on the dreamshop but maybe could get it cheaper somewhere else. That's without installation.

I think AHP garage had a video installing these.