• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Adding memory drivers seat

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Here is the system description, components, with pictures, and diagram. I’m sure you would need the memory seats button (obviously lol), the harness in the door if it’s not there. Cross reference the power window switch to an Aspec (it has a control unit that you might need), cross reference the harness to the BCM, cross reference the BCM (if you need this, it will need to be programmed by a dealer level diag tool), and the seats. At least from what I am seeing.

EDIT: forgot to mention cross reference the seat control module as well

View attachment Driving Position Memory System Description (Memory Positioning Systems).pdf

View attachment Driving Position Memory System (DPMS) Component Location Index (w_ Driving Position Memory Sys...pdf

View attachment Driving Position Memory System Description - System Diagram (Memory Positioning Systems).pdf

View attachment Driving Position Memory System (DPMS) (KA USA DE4) (Memory Positioning Systems).pdf

Last edited:

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Here is the system description, components, with pictures, and diagram. I’m sure you would need the memory seats button (obviously lol), the harness in the door if it’s not there. Cross reference the power window switch to an Aspec (it has a control unit that you might need), cross reference the harness the the BCM, cross reference the BCM (if you need this, it will need to be programmed by a dealer level diag tool), and the seats. At least from what I am seeing.

View attachment Driving Position Memory System Description (Memory Positioning Systems).pdf

View attachment Driving Position Memory System (DPMS) Component Location Index (w_ Driving Position Memory Sys...pdf

View attachment Driving Position Memory System Description - System Diagram (Memory Positioning Systems).pdf

View attachment Driving Position Memory System (DPMS) (KA USA DE4) (Memory Positioning Systems).pdf
Looks like most of it communicates through the can network, which is why I say cross references the harness to the body control module as well as the body control module. The seats I’m not sure if they have the same motors as they have position sensors in the motors. It’s attached to the frame which cannot be replaced separately (per the diagram)

Last edited:

GTO

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 BRZ
Looks like most of it communicates through the can network, which is why I say cross references the harness to the body control module as well as the body control module. The seats I’m not sure if they have the same motors as they have position sensors in the motors. It’s attached to the frame which cannot be replaced separately (per the diagram)
Nice to see more pieces of the puzzle coming together.

According to parts listed in DreamShop, the Aspec and TypeS seats share the same position sensor - 81550-T20-A61.

SSP.png

OP
OP
bandit81

bandit81

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Type S, 1981 Trans Am, 2000 Trans Am (4-sale)
The floor wiring is different as well :( I would compare the drivers seat wire harness pins to an a-spec with a type-s. The seats may have the sensors under neath but if the wiring is not there we're stuck.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
It seems nice to hope that it would be a simple case of "turning it on", but logic dictates that if it were just a matter of putting a switch in the door and plugging it in there would be memory seats available from the factory.

My guess is that there would need to be harness modification and reprogramming, at a minimum. I just mentioned in another thread that sadly my expertise from my career as an engineer in information security doesn't map 1:1 with automotive applications, but the very nature of the term "memory seats" implies information would need to be stored somewhere; knowing what little I do about car electronics it seems like there's a "module" for everything. Although it wouldn't necessarily be a surprise to find that all the wiring and modules are just left in there, inert, from the factory... somehow I doubt that's the case.

So while I'm 100% it's possible, the question still remains, "is it worth it"? And then, "who's willing to find out by being the first to do it"?

What I'll also add though is that if someone does manage to figure it out and put it into a kit with easy-to-follow DIY instructions, this could be an interesting mild business opportunity.

OP
OP
bandit81

bandit81

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It is worth investigating for sure, and I think we are all thinking the same things it may not be possible - but adding what is there: some good signs and some bad. Mix in the aftermarket reading this thread and seeing an opportunity to make a few bucks and we could get more options. Worse case we beat this to death and figure out it's too costly to add.

From my googling last night it sounds like the power window switch has something to do with memory seats and that may hold the key to this.

Last edited:

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
It seems nice to hope that it would be a simple case of "turning it on", but logic dictates that if it were just a matter of putting a switch in the door and plugging it in there would be memory seats available from the factory.

My guess is that there would need to be harness modification and reprogramming, at a minimum. I just mentioned in another thread that sadly my expertise from my career as an engineer in information security doesn't map 1:1 with automotive applications, but the very nature of the term "memory seats" implies information would need to be stored somewhere; knowing what little I do about car electronics it seems like there's a "module" for everything. Although it wouldn't necessarily be a surprise to find that all the wiring and modules are just left in there, inert, from the factory... somehow I doubt that's the case.

So while I'm 100% it's possible, the question still remains, "is it worth it"? And then, "who's willing to find out by being the first to do it"?

What I'll also add though is that if someone does manage to figure it out and put it into a kit with easy-to-follow DIY instructions, this could be an interesting mild business opportunity.
My experience being in cybersecurity engineering and having some experience in scripting/programming, it's easier to maintain a single code base that "automagically" enables features when the relevant component is detected. It seems that is the approach taken w/ the software for some of these vehicles. Some time ago, someone installed power folding mirrors on a TLX A-Spec and the power folding option showed up in their settings. More recently, the same occurred when someone installed the Mikstore Model C power folding mirror kit on a Type-S, they posted a picture of the setting here:
https://www.integraforums.com/forum/threads/auto-folding-mirrors-installed.51336/post-848769

So while there is always the possibility that some reprogramming may be required, it would be more cost-effective to maintain a single code base vs. maintaining multiple forks off of a shared code base.

That said, until someone takes it upon themselves to figure it out we won't know for sure what the LOE or costs are for incorporating it.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
My experience being in cybersecurity engineering and having some experience in scripting/programming, it's easier to maintain a single code base that "automagically" enables features when the relevant component is detected. It seems that is the approach taken w/ the software for some of these vehicles. Some time ago, someone installed power folding mirrors on a TLX A-Spec and the power folding option showed up in their settings. More recently, the same occurred when someone installed the Mikstore Model C power folding mirror kit on a Type-S, they posted a picture of the setting here:
https://www.integraforums.com/forum/threads/auto-folding-mirrors-installed.51336/post-848769

So while there is always the possibility that some reprogramming may be required, it would be more cost-effective to maintain a single code base vs. maintaining multiple forks off of a shared code base.

That said, until someone takes it upon themselves to figure it out we won't know for sure what the LOE or costs are for incorporating it.
I get that, and it would easily make sense that the code does automagically enable features in the UI if it senses the presence of a module so no "reprogramming" would indeed be required, possibly... could be literally as simple as a single "if" statement and it seems that Mikstore kit does just that. But there's still a lot of moving parts to figure out. Just taking a glance in that thread, that kit appears to come with a fair amount of hardware. At least two modules, a handful of switches, harness adapters, etc... and at least most of it seems like stuff you can't just order from an Acura parts department... that's exactly what I was getting at, if someone did figure out how to get all this stuff working, there would probably be at least some custom hardware development involved to put a kit together to make it plug-and-play, and I imagine it would look a lot like that mirror kit you linked to. But then at least you could charge $550+ for it and I'm sure at the very least the half dozen or so folks posting in here today would find a way to pay for it if it works.

I have a similar background, not a software dev by an stretch but sure, cyber... I tend to steer away from using the term "cyber" because there's all sorts of disciplines buried in that term that could go from highly technical stuff like low-level malware reverse engineering, incident response, pen testing, SOC/data analysis, network engineering, ML/AI and/or automation engineering... all the way to non-technical stuff like auditing, certification and compliance, policy development, etc. etc. Personally I've always tried to stay technical but never got too deep on the brogramming especially considering I haven't been a direct practitioner in nearly a decade... but the more I learn the more I realize just how much I don't know, and I can't bring myself to reconcile comparing what little I know about software development and expect that to carryover to an automotive application. It isn't too hard for me to believe that they have a firmware revision (or whatever you'd call it...) specific to the Type S, but also it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was the exact same as all Civics and Integras, and possibly more...

It is starting to get interesting though, with at least a couple recent threads almost giving me the itch to get my hands dirty again... time will tell if it gets to the point where it's more interesting for me to spend time poking around with learning EE stuff and wiring and soldering than playing video games (or posting in here.....). Tough to justify doing this sort of crap on the clock though.

Last edited:

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@optronix the Mikstore Model C option doesn't include a module, instead it uses a different window switch assembly which includes a chip missing from our switch assembly. As would be expected there would be a need to address differences in the wiring harnesses which is where the wire adaptors or depinning and repining wires comes in. It's my understanding the switch assembly is from Honda a Civic in another market, possibly China, which includes power folding mirrors, but it could also be a non-OEM copy of one. Unfortunately, parts for other markets aren't something most, if any, dealerships in our market can order.

Lol, yeah I use cyber these days, but I've been in the field for since way back, >20 yrs, when the terms included information assurance, information security, infosec...etc. There are soo many areas under the umbrella of cyber it's hard to keep on top of it all, let alone to be technically proficient in multiple domains.

I have the itch, but not the approval to spend the time and money needed to figure it out.

OP
OP
bandit81

bandit81

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If a 1981 Cadillac can have a memory seat then I am pretty confident our 2024 Integra Type-S can, especially since the position sensors are there. I am doubtful that if we get this working it would work with the fobs and the mirrors, but who knows. I personally would be happy with just the button doing the seat itself, any more function would be bonus.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
I wouldn't be surprised if the reason it was omitted was part shortages. The car came out mid 2023, so part contracts and manufacturing were probably being set up well in advance and at that point they might still have had shortages. That's why I'm guessing that the 2025 might have some of these features added back in.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Looking at the B can network diagram there is for sure a difference in terms of wiring and the lack of communication from the BCM to the seat control module in the ITS compared to the Aspec w/tech 6mt. So pinning wires would also need to be added to the list or taking apart half the interior to remove/install the interior harness. That is if the BCM’s are similar. Unfortunately I don’t see a part # for the ITS yet.

Edit: looking at the seat wiring diagram showed some light! The ITS completely lacks the “driver’s power seat control module” which would explain the no communication to the BCM. Which now means a new harness to the module as well as 2 20A fuses added to the fuse box. Let me compare fuse box’s to see if the space is there or will you have to “tap-in” to battery power directly with a in-line fuse.

Last edited:

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
If a 1981 Cadillac can have a memory seat then I am pretty confident our 2024 Integra Type-S can, especially since the position sensors are there. I am doubtful that if we get this working it would work with the fobs and the mirrors, but who knows. I personally would be happy with just the button doing the seat itself, any more function would be bonus.
1981 Cadilac was all mechanical and pure electrical switches and wires. On the Integra, everything is controlled via network and computers... So yes, it is probably possible, but might also be harder to implement.

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looking at the B can network diagram there is for sure a difference in terms of wiring and the lack of communication from the BCM to the seat control module in the ITS compared to the Aspec w/tech 6mt. So pinning wires would also need to be added to the list or taking apart half the interior to remove/install the interior harness. That is if the BCM’s are similar. Unfortunately I don’t see a part # for the ITS yet.

Edit: looking at the seat wiring diagram showed some light! The ITS completely lacks the “driver’s power seat control module” which would explain the no communication to the BCM. Which now means a new harness to the module as well as 2 20A fuses added to the fuse box. Let me compare fuse box’s to see if the space is there or will you have to “tap-in” to battery power directly with a in-line fuse.
I don't see a driver's power seat control module in the wiring diagram you posted, or did you mean unit vs. module? Wouldn't that be the unit/module on the seat bottom w/ the switches? Just grasping at strings here since I haven't seen the ITS wiring diagram for comparison.