• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ITS into something more practical…?

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
I like trading cars out and experiencing different things they have to offer. That being said, I always try to justify it.

I’m considering moving to a more “practical” smaller SUV. Similar or less money as ITS. We have a Yukon and Z06. Main purpose of the car will be commuting. Fun is good but I’ll be losing a lot of driver involvement going to ANY suv from the ITS so the main goal is to pickup some more space, ground clearance, fuel range…. Maybe I’m just a car trading addict looking for a fix.

CRV. I hear the collective groan. It offers extra space & ground clearance will be helpful with upcoming move and building an home (hauling stuff and also taking trips to the build site off the beaten path) and fuel economy (fewer trips to the gas station). Decent looking imo. Decent sound system. Same HVAC and infotainment I love in the integra. Vents and charging ports in the back seat with a little more space for the kids. Probably would run forever … if i kept it .. and smart first car dor.

X1. similar as above, little more money but more power and better fit & finish. Muccch quicker than CRV and sportier even with the 28i trim. M35i comes with some more power and better seats but still doesn’t have the i-6 turbo motor I’ve always loved in the 35i cars. Feels like a scam. I also hate the HVAC touch screen stuff but could get over it.

thoughts? Other option I’m missing? Am I crazy? ITS is pretty darn practical so maybe I’m just acting like an addict….

mopar_man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S, Durango R/T, Civic Si
Have to be honest, the z06 IMO sort of would kill the desire for me to have the ITS also. Primarily because I’m old enough to know that having a fun car and then another vehicle you don’t need to worry about (dents, scratches, etc.) is a really good place to be in.

Last edited:

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
Hate to be honest but this seems like it is 100% you just wanting to trade vehicles.

I mean you got both extremes covered. The Vette is your balls to the wall performance vehicle, the Yukon is your hauler/practically RV and the ITS is in the middle, albeit a bit closer to the Vette.

If you answer no to all these question, IMHO you're just looking to change for the sake of it.

1) Do you regularly have really bad winter weather where you are?
2) Do you scrape the bottom of the ITS in your area or come so close as to cause anxiety
3) Are you really going to sacrifice enough performance on an SUV to get the same (or better) MPG?

I mean the only valid reason I see is the off the beaten path construction site but if that's the case, why not buy an early 2010's CRV, drive it for the build period and then sell it again for about the same price as you bought it for?

Car00071

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
CRV hybrid could be a good option for you. My family just got an Accord Hybrid Touring and it’s a great vehicle.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
I miss my 21 Ridgeline RTL-E.
I adjusted my lifestyle around it.
Got into paddleboarding (iSUP) and mountain biking.
But a midlife crisis kicked in and made me get rid of it.

Anyway, my point is that is a pretty good vehicle with tons of utility. The bed trunk is the feature I miss the most. The coolest thing about a pickup is that when you are done using the bed. Just spray out the dirt with a garden hose.
The only problem is that is a big vehicle and you want something small.

lauren01

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda CR-Z
2024 Subaru Outback Wilderness. Highly recommend. My partner traded her CR-V for the Subie on Saturday. Dealer was willing to negotiate.
The car is Geyser Blue. It has a beefy 2L engine that really moves, AWD so it turns tightly and corners great. It has a lot of clearance, which we want for heading into remote camping areas. Seats are very comfortable and waterproof. Car has a huge moonroof. I hope you check it out.

Padre Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec, Tech. MT
I owned an Acura RDX for 90K miles before the Integra…I wanted one last stick-shift car in my life and I chose this one. The RDX gave me all of the things you describe and it also handled pretty good after a set of Eibach’s and Michelin PS4 AS tires. I really do miss the ease of ingress and egress from the car and the extra room….that and the sound system is killer in that car…all of my 5.1 recordings were amazing on the RDX, but not playable on our Integra’s system. Just a thought for your consideration.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I do think the CRV is nice. We have a 2023 Pilot and it's a great car, perfect for people, trips, etc. has all the bells and whistles. It is rather boring to drive, but it's AWD and has pretty good body control for a big vehicle. If the CRV has all the stuff, I'm sure it would serve a purpose. The one downside is boring/uninspiring drive though.

That being said, I think you may be hooked to the feeling you get when you get something new. I think you'll be bored in less than a year and change again, just because you love the process.

I battle with it everyday. The anticipation of having something is almost always better than actually having it. Just my personality. The ITS needs to hold me until I can finally afford a Porsche, either 718 or 911.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
What about a Macan GTS? Or a slightly used Cayenne S (non turbo).

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
I miss my 21 Ridgeline RTL-E.
I adjusted my lifestyle around it.
Got into paddleboarding (iSUP) and mountain biking.
But a midlife crisis kicked in and made me get rid of it.

Anyway, my point is that is a pretty good vehicle with tons of utility. The bed trunk is the feature I miss the most. The coolest thing about a pickup is that when you are done using the bed. Just spray out the dirt with a garden hose.
The only problem is that is a big vehicle and you want something small.
I’ve thought about this. The big reason I’m leaning away from the Ridgeline is my likelihood that I’ll be getting another full sized 1/2 - 3/4 ton again in a year or two. Once our house is built I imagine the project sizes will increase and also I prefer it for towing the car hauler over the Yukon (which is just adequate … adding load distribution system for my next trip with it which should help.).

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
bottom line up front ... i reached out to a couple Honda dealerships and got back offers of $45k and $47k ... too low for what i'm willing to do. i've probably been spoiled with taking very little to no hit on quick trades the past couple of years and i don't want to lose $5-7k off MSRP in 2 months and 1800 miles. i'll wait a little longer and keep enjoying the ITS for now!!!

thanks for all the input!!

1) Do you regularly have really bad winter weather where you are?
2) Do you scrape the bottom of the ITS in your area or come so close as to cause anxiety
3) Are you really going to sacrifice enough performance on an SUV to get the same (or better) MPG?

I mean the only valid reason I see is the off the beaten path construction site but if that's the case, why not buy an early 2010's CRV, drive it for the build period and then sell it again for about the same price as you bought it for?
Good points. 1) no, just rain and a little snow through the winter; 2) on my driveway yes (we're leaving this house) and it's just that flap that sticks down, no biggie. expect it to be worse at the new property and maybe baseball games for the kids? exaggerated need, most likely 3) i thought that might be a justification. .. probably not worth it. getting a really cheap used car makes sense, i just am apprehensive about used cars after buying new so long... i think you're right not. looking for an excuse

CRV hybrid could be a good option for you. My family just got an Accord Hybrid Touring and it’s a great vehicle.
I drove the Accord. It would be a nice commuter... without the big hatchback space i feel like i'd be giving up some practicality on that end so i nixxed that off the list.

2024 Subaru Outback Wilderness.
My first car was an Impreza Outback Sport '97. My first quick car was an '09 STI. I think Subarus have some great points about them but i just do NOT like their infotainment systems. I have a relative who just got an Ascent and i checked out the interior. great for a lot of things, not for me based on preferences :) glad y'all like yours tho!

Acura RDX for 90K .... Eibach’s and Michelin PS4 AS tires. all of my 5.1 recordings were amazing on the RDX, but not playable on our Integra’s system. Just a thought for your consideration.
interesting! springs on an SUV seems motivated! tires for sure always are a huge factor and glad you enjoyed your RDX for so long. i feel like the sound system in the ITS is pretty decent and i'm surprised to hear its so far behind the RDX's older (i imagine?) system. best system i had was lke a $5k upgrade bowers and wilkins in a 2016 BMW M6Gran Coupe. That car was quiet inside and the sound system was lovely. I enjoy sound but also not an audiophile. mabye someday i'll get a killer system installed but i don't keep cars long enough to ever mess with a lot of stuff. RDX is a little more than i want to spend with this list of justifications .... i also glanced in one at the dealership yesterday and thought the interior looked a little dated. or maybe just not a fan perhaps?

I do think the CRV is nice.... great car, perfect for people, trips, etc.

...I think you may be hooked to the feeling you get when you get something new....

I battle with it everyday. The anticipation of having something is almost always better than actually having it. Just my personality. The ITS needs to hold me until I can finally afford a Porsche, either 718 or 911.
loved my 718 GT4 ... as good as it was i still nit picked it and found a way to get rid of it lol. excellent driving car that surrounds you with delightful sound .. pretty quick on the track but most guys mess with them still. porsche makes lots of amazing cars. still none are perfect :) we have a disease. i'm definitely impulsive to a (serious, and very expensive) fault. luckily it almost entirely effects car purchases and not all areas of my life lol

What about a Macan GTS? Or a slightly used Cayenne S (non turbo).
i looked at 'em ... more than i want to spend at this time and to be able to justify it. i bet those make a GREAT daily. back seat always seemed pretty cramped for my growing kids though ... X3M would probably be my small performance SUV choice for that reason.. slightly better, i think. although RSQ8, GLE63 and X5M are also favorites of mine that i've gotten close to but never followed through with. Macan probably is more fun to toss around than those big guys.

bdisco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 ITS, ‘21 Bronco, ‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘88 911
Arrrg as much as it pains me to recommend another cuv to clog up our roadways, while Miata is always the answer, check out Mazda’s cx vehicles. Their interiors are near luxury level at half the price. Their handling won’t make you hate driving them. We had good luck with our cx-9 signature.

edinlr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 Panamera, 2021 Ram 1500
I have a Ram 1500 4wd Limited and a Panamera 4, so the ITS is my fair-weather hot rod and much stealthier than the Porsche when I am driving too fast. The Integra would be a nice split down the middle for you too.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
I have a Ram 1500 4wd Limited and a Panamera 4, so the ITS is my fair-weather hot rod and much stealthier than the Porsche when I am driving too fast. The Integra would be a nice split down the middle for you too.
it really is . I had a GMC 2500 which I liked a lot .. made a lot of sense but I talked myself into something more fun for a daily. My ideal garage is track car, fun daily, heavy duty truck for hauling the trailered car. Also wife keeps her Yukon. Luckily for me, she doesn’t suffer the same problem I have and she keeps stuff a long time (unless I convince her to swap lol).

panamera is a SWEET car. I drove one for week back in 2010 and the chassis for how big it was impressed me. they’re big tho!

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
Lexus UX/NX Hybrid or Plug-in? Sounds like you're missing that reliable, efficient daily (other than whatever the ITS is). It has more power and reliability over the CR-V giving you the most piece of mind. Also a bit luxurious.

Personally, I'd love to have A Rav4 Prime as the reliable, efficient daily, but I'm guessing you can afford the upgrade since the Rav4 is a bit loud. People here won't like it but maybe a Model Y.