• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

We expecting something at the Long Beach GP?

OP
OP
urbanglowcam

urbanglowcam

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000
How were the materials and quality compared to the Civic?
Unfortunately, I haven't sat in the new Civic, only seen pics of the interior. I will say the seats had a quality suede feel to them. The dials and vent handles felt really solid. Shifter felt good going through the gears with the car off.

Definitely some use of plastic around the center console and dash but the materials and fit / finish felt really good for the price point IMO.

Much happier with this interior than the FK8 Type R I rented.

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
No Type S obviously, but I did get to see the Integra in the flesh and sit in it at the Grand Prix.
I was at GPLB too! Sitting in the Integra definitely felt nice. I'm coming from an 07 CRV so I'm bit behind on what's "expected" in a car, but I agree the seats/knobs/interactable items all felt great. I thought the air vent knobs would feel cruddy, but they felt great. Sucks that they wouldn't let us open the hatch.

I also sat in the MDX they had where they were giving away water bottles and Wow. I did not expect to enjoy that as much as I did. Messed around with the True Touch Interface and it definitely feels like an overstated complaint. I can understand people who aren't tech-savvy really struggling with it though.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I was at GPLB too! Sitting in the Integra definitely felt nice. I'm coming from an 07 CRV so I'm bit behind on what's "expected" in a car, but I agree the seats/knobs/interactable items all felt great. I thought the air vent knobs would feel cruddy, but they felt great. Sucks that they wouldn't let us open the hatch.

I also sat in the MDX they had where they were giving away water bottles and Wow. I did not expect to enjoy that as much as I did. Messed around with the True Touch Interface and it definitely feels like an overstated complaint. I can understand people who aren't tech-savvy really struggling with it though.
Lol. I never had a vehicle with a backup camera or Bluetooth ( van we have had a tape deck) so I'm way behind the times.

OP
OP
urbanglowcam

urbanglowcam

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000

Nice! For sure overstated. I was really impressed sitting in the MDX too.

04.jpg

Some more shots in case anyone's interested:
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg

I realize I should have totally taken a shot of the 'teggy's hood while it was open. While I was sitting inside of it, a younger guy was saying to me, "It's gross, hah?". Pffft. I told him I actually really liked it.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Unfortunately, I haven't sat in the new Civic, only seen pics of the interior. I will say the seats had a quality suede feel to them. The dials and vent handles felt really solid. Shifter felt good going through the gears with the car off.

Definitely some use of plastic around the center console and dash but the materials and fit / finish felt really good for the price point IMO.

Much happier with this interior than the FK8 Type R I rented.
Great info, thanks for sharing!! Did the clutch feel like the usual Honda quality? Any other thoughts on the interior from sitting in it??

OP
OP
urbanglowcam

urbanglowcam

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000
Great info, thanks for sharing!! Did the clutch feel like the usual Honda quality? Any other thoughts on the interior from sitting in it??
I was with a group and sort of in a rush, so didn't even sit in the driver's seat unfortunately. I briefly moved the shifter a bit from the passenger side and THAT felt good. I am almost certain the clutch would be the usual good Honda quality based on numerous ones I've driven.

All I would say is the fit and finish felt a lot better than the outgoing Type R I rented. It just looks and feels like a level up too. The knobs and buttons feel solid. I liked the wheel too. There are very few gloss plastics that feel on the cheap side such as the new dash moulding that's exclusive to the Integra from the Civic or the gloss ring around the shifter. That's being nitpicky though.

The suede (alcantara?) on the seats felt nice but I do worry about the light color getting dirty over time. It's probably one of those things that you'd want to hit with a good carpet cleaner / extractor every few months or so depending on your lifestyle.

Since I like many of you are waiting for the Type S, I do hope they add some more to it to set it apart, mainly a similar steering wheel to the TLX Type S or NSX in shape. Even if they left the interior mostly the same and just changed the wheel I'd be happy, but I would expect a little more.

All in all, very impressed!

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Thanks for the additional info! The orchid suede is certainly one of the things I'm questioning most with this car. But I really want the Apex Blue so forging ahead!

OP
OP
urbanglowcam

urbanglowcam

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000
Thanks for the additional info! The orchid suede is certainly one of the things I'm questioning most with this car. But I really want the Apex Blue so forging ahead!
I think you made a great choice! No need to question it. I think it's my favorite combo assuming you can keep it clean.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
It won’t be hard to keep clean. AMMO NYC has interior cleaners to get almost any stains out. And for just dirt, there’s plenty of leather and suede cleaners on the market.