• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Fit and finish issues possibly having something to do with availability issues

OP
OP
optronix

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
That's interesting. I have the ELS system in the RDX A-spec loaner I have and it's pretty great. On a scale of 10, 1 being my brother's base system in a 2015 WRX and 10 being the Burmester in my wife's Macan, I'd rate it at about an 8.5. Which makes sense; 16 speakers for both the Burmester and RDX from what I can gather, but 1000 watts vs 710. Going off the Savagegeese video, the ELS system in the Integra is slightly less powerful and impressive than what's in the RDX. I think I saw it's 530 watts... which is still PLENTY in a vehicle this size. I remember a Meridian system in an Evoque I had a few years back, and it was amazing at only 400 watts.

But I guess the Bose in the Type R is just surprisingly good. The Bose in my 718 was also pretty good- although not if you ask virtually anyone on Rennlist... TONS of hate for the Bose system on Rennlist.

Curious to see what changes come out, but ultimately nothing could convince me to wait around another year or so.

I may investigate the PMC edition but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
All Acuras lose the ELS sound system next year and are being replaced with a B&O sound system which is really a HK system.
The press release says the ZDX gets it next year and the rest of Acura will transition over several years. I doubt the Type S will lose it within a couple years.

Teggy24

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus IS300
I don't doubt some model years will have changes; they always do. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

Many would accuse me of gatekeeping, and maybe that's exactly what I'm doing. But if you're holding out for memory seats or usb chargers in the rear, you probably don't get the car.

I actually feel like for this particular car the lack of these little things were more of a cost-savings decision. I'm still scratching my head a bit about the lack of moonroof, but most of the other features are so infinitesimal that I feel like the design team just said to hell with it, people who need tilting mirrors are just going to buy a Buick anyway so leave them out.

That said I'm glad it has auto-dimming mirrors. I was worried, because the Type R doesn't and that's honestly the one hill I would die on. I've driven a lot of rental cars and I notice the lack of auto-dim mirrors IMMEDIATELY.
I think of all the features the Type S is missing, the omission of moonroof is the only one that makes sense to me because of 1) the significant increase in structural rigidity for the added power, 2) increased headroom for a racing helmet on track days and 3) what I assume would be a fairly significant weight reduction (I’m guessing the sheet metal weighs far less than a plate of glass and associated electronics).

The rear-usb, middle seat and memory seat deletes are surprising to me because I wouldn’t think they would save much cost at all. Considering these are all available in the A Spec, it should have been fairly easy to plug and play in the Type S. In fact, I would’ve thought it would cost more to tool up a new backseat removing the middle seat since that part has not been produced for the Integra platform previously (but maybe I’m showing my lack of manufacturing knowledge there).

Regardless, none of these are a dealbreaker to me. But I would have welcomed these features over any marginal weight savings their removal provides.