• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dashboard Rattle

BMills

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Anyone have rattling in the dash coming from the infotainment area? I have 1,600 miles driven and the rattle is persistent on semi-rough to rough roads. I feel this is unacceptable for a new car and needs to be addressed but I’m worried the dealership may cause more harm than good investigating/fixing this issue.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!!! Long live the manual.

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
Anyone have rattling in the dash coming from the infotainment area? I have 1,600 miles driven and the rattle is persistent on semi-rough to rough roads. I feel this is unacceptable for a new car and needs to be addressed but I’m worried the dealership may cause more harm than good investigating/fixing this issue.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!!! Long live the manual.
There is a TSB for a rattle from the infotainment area for the 2022 Civic with the same 9" screen that we have. That might be your issue if you have that screen.

I've spent a lot of time chasing rattles in my Integra so far. This Integra began life with far fewer rattles than my '18 WRX did, and I managed to get that car silent in the end, so I'm determined to get this one quieted down as well. Remember, while it is an Acura, it is also still a glorified Civic!

I've already fixed one rattle that I had inside my steering column, and several behind both driver's knee trim panels, a well as horrible rattles from both the driver and passenger side front seat belt adjusters.

The steering column rattle started acting up again today, it looks like I'm going to have to open it back up...thank goodness that's easy!!

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
Here's the TSB, it doesn't look too hard to do.

I've decided that I'll be far more successful just doing the rattle proofing myself rather than hoping that the dealer will care enough to really look, and if they do try, hoping they they'll actually find the problems.

View attachment A21-063 TSB.pdf

Migzer

First Name
Migz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I also have been hearing rattling coming from what I think is from the passenger dashboard. Can usually hear it clearly when the car is warming up then it comes and goes while I’m driving. First I thought it’s the stuff in the glovebox so I emptied it and it’s still there. When the car is off and I tap on the passenger dash, I do hear a faint rattle. Wonder if it’s same thing but it doesn’t sound to me that it’s coming from underneath infotainment. Seems very similar to what some have been experiencing in their 11th gen Civic Touring. Very annoying.

https://www.civic11forum.com/threads/2022-sport-touring-dashboard-rattle.2104/page-2

Last edited:

stellarrock

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Had: 2018 Civic Type R
I also have been hearing rattling coming from what I think is from the passenger dashboard. Can usually hear it clearly when the car is warming up then it comes and goes while I’m driving. First I thought it’s the stuff in the glovebox so I emptied it and it’s still there. When the car is off and I tap on the passenger dash, I do hear a faint rattle. Wonder if it’s same thing but it doesn’t sound to me that it’s coming from underneath infotainment. Seems very similar to what some have been experiencing in their 11th gen Civic Touring. Very annoying.

https://www.civic11forum.com/threads/2022-sport-touring-dashboard-rattle.2104/page-2
I had an intermittent rattle coming from the passenger side of the dashboard also. I took it to the dealer and thankfully the rattle occurred during the service tech's test drive. I was told they can't try to fix it if they don't experience the issue, even though I had several videos on my phone (along with other rattles). Eventually they diagnosed a loose/broken part around the vent. They ordered the part, I brought my car back in for the 10th time, and after they replaced it I didn't hear the rattling any more (that specific one at least). It's been about a month since.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I had an intermittent rattle coming from the passenger side of the dashboard also. I took it to the dealer and thankfully the rattle occurred during the service tech's test drive. I was told they can't try to fix it if they don't experience the issue, even though I had several videos on my phone (along with other rattles). Eventually they diagnosed a loose/broken part around the vent. They ordered the part, I brought my car back in for the 10th time, and after they replaced it I didn't hear the rattling any more (that specific one at least). It's been about a month since.
I have a similar rattle there.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
I have a similar rattle there.
yep ditto!

happens in S mode while driving under slight load/slow acceleration. at first i thought it was an issue with passenger door speaker because with some bass hits, it happens too. when i press on the gray dash piece or the glove box it seems to go away. also getting a rattling near the driver seatbelt adjustment next to my head hile driving at highway speeds. cant tell if it is the window visor from outside the car or the seatbelt mechanism that slides up and down.

ive just been turning the music up to compensate for the time being XD

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
From what I've seen on the civic forums, the 11th gen civics also have a well documented issue with a seatbelt rattle, assuming its probably the same issue as the Integras in that area.

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
The seatbelt adjusters for the driver's seatbelt and front passenger's seatbelt are extremely noisy. Both of my adjusters were rattling terribly to the point that even my wife noticed them, and she is not attentive at all to this kind of thing when riding in my car. Since they're right next to your ears you can't ignore them! They're fairly easy to fix though, but it's a bit involved.

There is a guy who posted on youtube about fixing these on his Civic which is very helpful, especially when it comes to removing the pillar and clip, but you should just use that as a starting point. His fix didn't quiet mine down at all, I had to open both sides up again a second time and go nuts with felt tape. He also reinstalled the clips incorrectly. Link: 11th Gen Civic Seatbelt Adjuster Video.

You have to open up the B-pillar at the top, then take the entire top half of the B-pillar off of the car. The top trim piece is held in place by a clip that is destroyed when removed. This is how it's designed, no way around it. Part number is 91561-TVA-A01, about $5 each at a Honda dealer. In the video he just pulls the pillar away from the car a bit and works like that. I tried that, but found it far easier to simply take the top half of the pillar completely off the car, which involves unclipping the top of the bottom half. From there you can remove the seatbelt adjuster from the pillar trim, completely disassemble the adjuster, and put felt tape anywhere that anything might be touching anything else. I likely went overboard with mine, but both seat belt adjusters are now silent and all my felt tape is completely invisible from the passenger compartment.

It sounds like a lot and may sound intimidating, but I've found that it's actually pretty easy to avoid breaking things while doing this interior trim work so far.

Even after the seatbelt rattle fixes, as well as quieting down a rattle with the electric boost pump control unit, another inside the steering column, along with several other items in the area behind the lower driver's dash panels, I've still got rattles the glovebox area that have persisted even after disassembling that area and adding felt tape all over. The 9-inch screen issue in the Civic TSB has just recently appeared as well, and I still can't find at least one more rattle behind the driver's knee dash panel, and the passenger door has started making noise. At this point it's as bad as my 2018 WRX. Thank goodness these interior panels are quite easy to remove!

If anyone would be interested in pictures next time I dig into the interior, I can try to document things.

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
For the benefit of anyone who wants to work on the seatbelt adjusters, hardwire a radar detector or dash cam, or do anything else to quiet down their Integra's interior, here is what I've been using, all ordered from Amazon or bought at Lowe's:
This is an addition to the standard tools we usually have in our garages, such as screwdrivers, wrenches & ratchets. There may be better options out there for each of these items, but what I've listed here has been very helpful to me personally.

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
There is a TSB for a rattle from the infotainment area for the 2022 Civic with the same 9" screen that we have. That might be your issue if you have that screen.

I've spent a lot of time chasing rattles in my Integra so far. This Integra began life with far fewer rattles than my '18 WRX did, and I managed to get that car silent in the end, so I'm determined to get this one quieted down as well. Remember, while it is an Acura, it is also still a glorified Civic!

I've already fixed one rattle that I had inside my steering column, and several behind both driver's knee trim panels, a well as horrible rattles from both the driver and passenger side front seat belt adjusters.

The steering column rattle started acting up again today, it looks like I'm going to have to open it back up...thank goodness that's easy!!
Could you describe that steering column rattle a little more? I'm wondering if I have a similar issue, though it's hard to confirm that it is in the column. Posted my issue description here: https://www.integraforums.com/forum/threads/drivers-side-dash-buzz.50489/

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
The left side of steering column/dash area rattle has been very tough for me. I've padded anything that looks like it could move and it keeps coming back, but inconsistently. Sometimes very loud, sometimes soft, and always very hard to pinpoint. I'm hoping to go back in this weekend to see what I can do. I'll try to grab some pics can report back once I get the chance to check it out further.

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
i had a rattle around the steering but that has gone away ??, now i'm getting one from the passeger side, sounds
like maybe a speaker cover rattle, not all the time, i have to really check this out, tough to do when your driving, i
need to be a passenger & see what up, this is starting to drive me nuts, the other thing is the sunglass holder, my
glasses will rattle a little, ( this also happened in my 2015 TLX ) if i leave it open no rattle, but that's not going to happen,
i just turn the stereo up & rattles are gone, that's the easy fix

Migzer

First Name
Migz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I took my car to the dealership for the passenger side rattle/crackling sound. After a week they said they can’t replicate the sound. Picked the car up and 1 minute into my drive it started. Turned around went back and had the service foreman sit in the car with me, took a drive around the block and he said yea I hear it so I took it back. After sitting there for another 5 days they said they couldn’t duplicate the sound. So frustrating. Had no choice but to bring it home and it’s still there!