• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Driver's Side Dash Buzz

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
I have an intermittent buzz from somewhere in dash or steering column, loud enough to hear over music at a low volume. I've only noticed it at lower speeds and it tends to go away after 20 minutes of driving, but I hear it almost every morning. I haven't been able to figure out where it's coming from - anyone experience anything similar or have any ideas?

OP
OP
KiloFTW

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
Yeah I think it's closer to the wheel, maybe on the left side. That thread mentions a steering column rattle as well, so it might be that.

Ronnoc

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Yeah I think it's closer to the wheel, maybe on the left side. That thread mentions a steering column rattle as well, so it might be that.
So I have a buzz that might be identical to yours. I found it to be a wire down low near my obd2 reader. It's loose and rattles at low speeds sounds like a buzz. If I push it up a little the buzzing sound completely disappears. I'd check down there and see if it is that.

OP
OP
KiloFTW

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
So I have a buzz that might be identical to yours. I found it to be a wire down low near my obd2 reader. It's loose and rattles at low speeds sounds like a buzz. If I push it up a little the buzzing sound completely disappears. I'd check down there and see if it is that.
If this ends up being it I will venmo you the funds for a beer at your favorite establishment. It's been driving me nuts but I've been trying to narrow it down before I take it to the dealer for troubleshooting.

I'm not sure how to identify the obd2 reader, but I assume you're referring to something in this general area?
under dash wiring.jpeg

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
The OBD plug is that big white trapazoidal shaped one top left in your photo.

OP
OP
KiloFTW

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
Ronnoc might have found it. I can't reproduce it with the car parked, but I was able to make the buzz worse by wiggling the wire headed to the yellow terminal (I think, can't see it while driving obviously). I'm now wondering whether I'm hearing a rattle or a crackle of electricity through a faulty connection. My guess is the latter. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence, but I noticed the clock was off by 10 minutes after I finished messing with it.

Either way, I'm thrilled to know where it is. I owe you a beer Ronnoc, send me a message if you want to collect on that.

Ronnoc

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Ronnoc might have found it. I can't reproduce it with the car parked, but I was able to make the buzz worse by wiggling the wire headed to the yellow terminal (I think, can't see it while driving obviously). I'm now wondering whether I'm hearing a rattle or a crackle of electricity through a faulty connection. My guess is the latter. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence, but I noticed the clock was off by 10 minutes after I finished messing with it.

Either way, I'm thrilled to know where it is. I owe you a beer Ronnoc, send me a message if you want to collect on that.
All good man. No worries on the beer glad I could help. Mine is actually the bigger black wire thats shielded right next to the obd2. If you take it to the dealer let me know what they say. I've been too busy to get in there.

OP
OP
KiloFTW

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
All good man. No worries on the beer glad I could help. Mine is actually the bigger black wire thats shielded right next to the obd2. If you take it to the dealer let me know what they say. I've been too busy to get in there.
Will be calling them tomorrow, will let you know how it goes. Thanks again

OP
OP
KiloFTW

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
I have an appointment for Monday, they are thinking it’ll be covered by warranty.

OP
OP
KiloFTW

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
Sounds good man keep me posted. Thanks
No charge for todays service. They found that the looming around the wiring was pulled tight and adjusted the connections. Unfortunately the issue didn’t occur while they were in possession so I’ll need to drive it for a while to see if it comes back.

Ronnoc

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
No charge for todays service. They found that the looming around the wiring was pulled tight and adjusted the connections. Unfortunately the issue didn’t occur while they were in possession so I’ll need to drive it for a while to see if it comes back.
Got it. Thanks for the update. Ill probably get it checked out when i get my first service

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I checked this wiring in my car as I have a similar sound from that area and I found that the wiring in my car is quite tight as well. The large yellow connector has some play within the connection area itself, but is pretty quiet when I do move it and doesn't seem like a candidate for the rattling/buzzing sound.

One thing I've learned is that some other wiring connectors in the interior are indeed loose and do rattle, so that is something to keep an eye out for.

OP
OP
KiloFTW

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
The thing that keeps me focused on the wiring is that after the buzz starts, touching the cable directly affects the sound. The joy of intermittent issues…