• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Engine Rattle

Benrose0414

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Acura Integra RS
Hey guys, I own a 94 integra RS with a non vtec b20 engine. In the last few weeks a rattle has gotten more apparent and can be heard when I accelerate. It can even be heard in neutral when I turn on the car. I’m not the most educated person on engine noises so I was wondering if someone can give me a few ideas as to what it is.

dima_n

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
Hey guys, I own a 94 integra RS with a non vtec b20 engine. In the last few weeks a rattle has gotten more apparent and can be heard when I accelerate. It can even be heard in neutral when I turn on the car. I’m not the most educated person on engine noises so I was wondering if someone can give me a few ideas as to what it is.

THe GSR had an inner weld issue before in the A pipe. I remember having that issue back in 1999 time frame. Not sure if this one has a similar A pipe or not. Also could it be a heat shield on the cat?

OP
OP

Benrose0414

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Acura Integra RS
THe GSR had an inner weld issue before in the A pipe. I remember having that issue back in 1999 time frame. Not sure if this one has a similar A pipe or not. Also could it be a heat shield on the cat?
Thanks for the reply, I’ll go have a look now.