• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SteamedHams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5G Integra 6MT
A couple BF purchases arrived today

VhFg4I3.jpg

ZYabLRm.jpg

Will have the tires mounted this week, and can then play around with the various KTuner maps and see if I get the same gains they get on a (virtual) dyno. The on-the-fly map switching should make running through the various maps a piece of cake.

SteamedHams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5G Integra 6MT
Of course, I couldn't help myself and went ahead and flashed a new tune to see how the canned KTuner starter tunes are. Did a few pulls with the 23psi tune, and my butt dyno can believe about a 50-60WTQ gain in the midrange. The car pulls considerably harder now between 3000-4500ish RPMs. Unfortunately, it's a bit of a tease, because by 5000 RPMs the power falls off considerably. It also loses that "VTEC kick" that the stock map baked in at around 5500RPMs. I do have a Phearable 1.5R tune that I'll be flashing as soon as I get my PRL HVI intake, so we'll see if maybe that tune is able to make power longer...but I'm not optimistic given the tiny turbo we've got.

Once I get the new tires on and break them in, I'll run through the factory, 16.5, 18, 21, and 23 maps to see how they stack up, and then do the same for the Phearable maps once I have the intake maybe next week. And then once more once the downpipe finally comes in.

SteamedHams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5G Integra 6MT
Got a mount of the KTuner. Works like a charm

bF1GCn3.jpg

RMi0cdw.jpg

SteamedHams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5G Integra 6MT
Got the summer tires mounted. I’m starting to think 19” may be a bit much; the rubber band 35 profile tires just don’t look right proportionally on the car. Given a choice I would have rather stayed with 40 profile 18s but the extra set of wheels I had lying around were 19s.

B4008621-700D-48B3-907E-39861A24CBB5.jpeg

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
I think they look great!

I do worry about the thin side wall as far as comfort goes but they look quite good to me

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
Same here. With a drop and some tire shine, it will really transform the look.

I recently bought a couple 235/35/r19 tires. Getting a couple more this month. Can’t wait until I get my wheels get delivered to put it all together.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
I keep thinking I want to get the carbon fiber spoiler, cooler looking better lighter rims, and high end but reasonable wearing summer tires. Then again, I’m just going to trade for an Integra Type S, and that will be the one I’ll want to upgrade. So I’m stalled upgrade wise.

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
Same here. With a drop and some tire shine, it will really transform the look.

I recently bought a couple 235/35/r19 tires. Getting a couple more this month. Can’t wait until I get my wheels get delivered to put it all together.
I bought my wheels two weeks before I got the car and still waiting, was told they were on back order but should be here by Jan.

Excited to see what you end up getting!

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was going to order before I got my car too, but I wanted to see the OEM wheels with spacers in person to get the new wheels’ offsets where I wanted them.

This waiting game is killing me!

SteamedHams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5G Integra 6MT
I keep thinking I want to get the carbon fiber spoiler, cooler looking better lighter rims, and high end but reasonable wearing summer tires. Then again, I’m just going to trade for an Integra Type S, and that will be the one I’ll want to upgrade. So I’m stalled upgrade wise.
I'm in the exact same boat; the Integra is a stop-gap, so I don't want to spend more than I have to, but I just couldn't stand the stock tires anymore.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm in the exact same boat; the Integra is a stop-gap, so I don't want to spend more than I have to, but I just couldn't stand the stock tires anymore.
Is anyone here temped by the new Civic Type R? I have to admit, I would want the 2023 Type R over my 2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT, the speed and torque increase is too much to ignore, however I can’t say the same yet when considering the upcoming Integra Type S. Even if the Type S is only 275HP (I can’t imagine less than that) that will be fine as the power seats (I hope it has the power seats from the TLX Tupe S this time) auto backing up when I park is the kind of luxury touch I want forever now. I’m just too used to the deluxe package Acura brings to the Civic Si and Civic Type R kind of car, I am not going to trade in for a Civic Type R until I at least see how the Integra Type S works out. It’s likely my next car at this point too.

I half considered the TLX Type S PMC Edition but I dunno it’s a bit behind still on tech vs the 2023 Accord and the new Integra in some ways, as the TLX TS does not do touchscreens, lane keep graphic does not let you know where you are in the lane, etc, less backseat and hatch/trunk space, a bar blocking the trunk expanding with seats down, etc, and no all digital dash (I like the all digital dash as it is dynamic, and why don’t we have a digital graphic for a horizontal gauge mode like the new CTR has is beyond me). And yes the TLX TS is way cool, 355HP Turbo-6 way fast, premium, SH-AWD is great, but still is a TOO heavy beast which I can PARTLY forgive, even if it starts to feel like the car is not as natural as the SH-AWD tries to compensate for the weight, which means it’s OK around town, but falls apart at 10/10ths according to throttlehouse, likely never feels as ligh and natrual as a CTR, so I can still partly live with that as I don’t track, BUT, I can’t forgive the lack of a high end feeling Manual and or the lazy auto transmission that holds high gears and shifts early in low gears, with a lower rev limit that shifts before that even. Yikes. This car would be transformed by the ZF auto transmission that is in the Supra. I’d buy it for sure if it had that ZF transmission. And Acura needs to at least match the slightly lower weight of a Mustang GT which is just under 4000 lbs.

So for me it seems I’m going to trade in my new Integra for an Integra Type S and I’ll keep that and upgrade that to a fine fine level and when I get my first electric auto car, the Intergra will be my old school manual weekend fun car.

Edit: In fact I just rewatched The Savage Geese review on the TLX Type S and they said it far better, they said it was that (due to the SH-AWD and design) the Handling was super great but the cars powertrain setup takes about 25% of the fun away as it keeps you from the edge of the engine’s performance, as in a manual you can wait until the last second to upshift, you can drop instantly to a lower gear for fun, you can be in any gear you want, etc. the Auto transmissionthe TLX TS usesjust holds your hand and only lets you have any fun from 2000-6000 RPM and it won’t let you near the edge of that fun in any way. So if you don’t mind that, the SH-AWD will handle and guide you like a laser, yet it’s a 25% less fun edge less laser. And the 355HP is no doubt compensating a bit, but it’s not always the speed, it’s the driving it balls out thats half the fun. Of course all of this is my speculative opinion and random thoughts with my very limited experiences, reading of articles, and watching of YouTube reviews.

Last edited:

SteamedHams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5G Integra 6MT
Is anyone here temped by the new Civic Type R? I have to admit, I would want the 2023 Type R over my 2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT, the speed and torque increase is too much to ignore, however I can’t say the same yet when considering the upcoming Integra Type S. Even if the Type S is only 275HP (I can’t imagine less than that) that will be fine as the power seats (I hope it has the power seats from the TLX Tupe S this time) auto backing up when I park is the kind of luxury touch I want forever now. I’m just too used to the deluxe package Acura brings to the Civic Si and Civic Type R kind of car, I am not going to trade in for a Civic Type R until I at least see how the Integra Type S works out. It’s likely my next car at this point too.

I half considered the TLX Type S PMC Edition but I dunno it’s a bit behind still on tech vs the 2023 Accord and the new Integra in some ways, as the TLX TS does not do touchscreens, lane keep graphic does not let you know where you are in the lane, etc, less backseat and hatch/trunk space, a bar blocking the trunk expanding with seats down, etc, and no all digital dash (I like the all digital dash as it is dynamic, and why don’t we have a digital graphic for a horizontal gauge mode like the new CTR has is beyond me). And yes the TLX TS is way cool, 355HP Turbo-6 way fast, premium, SH-AWD is great, but still is a TOO heavy beast which I can PARTLY forgive, even if it starts to feel like the car is not as natural as the SH-AWD tries to compensate for the weight, which means it’s OK around town, but falls apart at 10/10ths according to throttlehouse, likely never feels as ligh and natrual as a CTR, so I can still partly live with that as I don’t track, BUT, I can’t forgive the lack of a high end feeling Manual and or the lazy auto transmission that holds high gears and shifts early in low gears, with a lower rev limit that shifts before that even. Yikes. This car would be transformed by the ZF auto transmission that is in the Supra. I’d buy it for sure if it had that ZF transmission. And Acura needs to at least match the slightly lower weight of a Mustang GT which is just under 4000 lbs.

So for me it seems I’m going to trade in my new Integra for an Integra Type S and I’ll keep that and upgrade that to a fine fine level and when I get my first electric auto car, the Intergra will be my old school manual weekend fun car.
If I could have bought the CTR at MSRP, I'd have gotten that instead of the Integra in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, the lowest ADM I've found in the entire state of CA after contacting nearly every single Honda dealership is $15K.

The GR Corolla is another option, but I'm #14 on the waiting list at one of the few MSRP-only dealerships, so who knows if that'll ever happen.

Then of course there's the ITS, but again if there are markups (or if there's inexcusibly no 6MT) I'll have to pass. I'm done playing games with dealerships and would rather pay a higher sticker to the automaker who actually developed and built the car than to give dealerships extra money for doing absolutely nothing extra.

I've still got about two more years before it's my turn in the (long) 911 line, so the clock's ticking.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What’s an ITS? Also, I’m number 3 in line for a GR Corolla unknown trim at a very MSRP friendly dealer (but not guaranteed). I’m about to cancel it really. It’s just a Corolla inside. Acura spoiled me for interiors. And have you seen the new interior for the 2023 Accord? Huge ass touchscreen with android auto, Google assistant, and wireless updates. Heated front and back, ventilated front. Acura just needs to copy and paste that screen to the next TLX revision and get rid of true touch.

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS= Integra Type S

CTR= Civic Type R