• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Type S exhaust note issue on sport+

integra__gang

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 integra Type S, ‘97 Integra LS, ‘95 integra SE
Hey guys I’m new to the forums, I currently have 11.5k miles on my type s and recently the exhaust pops and bangs stopped popping and banging lol idk how else to put it into words, just how the FL5 sounds (no pops) never had this issue before

OP
OP
integra__gang

integra__gang

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is your coolant temp showing four bars?
Yeah I even drive the car long distances for the exhaust to warm up, not sure why this happened :/ drivability is still the same I just miss the sound lol

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Time for a trip to the dealer. Probably something a recent software update will fix. Others here have had issues with this, but it's usually accompanied by some other warning lights on the dash. There are a couple of threads on this.

OP
OP
integra__gang

integra__gang

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Time for a trip to the dealer. Probably something a recent software update will fix. Others here have had issues with this, but it's usually accompanied by some other warning lights on the dash. There are a couple of threads on this.
Thanks for the reply guys, I tried looking online but without any luck. I’ll look again. I have no warning lights, which makes it difficult to diagnose. I’ll keep trying to look for answers idk if this is related to it but I went to the speedway for some spirited driving and deactivated my VDC and traction control for the first time (pedal dance). idk exactly when but a few moments after is when I started to notice the lack of pops and bangs

Brodgo27

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Hey guys I’m new to the forums, I currently have 11.5k miles on my type s and recently the exhaust pops and bangs stopped popping and banging lol idk how else to put it into words, just how the FL5 sounds (no pops) never had this issue before
Mine has the same issue currently… Been debating on what to do.

OP
OP
integra__gang

integra__gang

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ahh yes, that is likely the issue.
I was thinking the same, and that’s why im going to wait a few weeks and if they don’t come back then I’ll take it to the dealer

OP
OP
integra__gang

integra__gang

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mine has the same issue currently… Been debating on what to do.
Bro I even called Acura support and they couldn’t give me a answer, they just said to take it to the dealer. Let me know if you find a solution to it, I’ll do the same if I end up getting a solution. 🤝

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
Did you try using another gas station brand?

IDK just to give it a try.

Also remove the negative terminal of the battery for a minute. Maybe the pedal dance stuff started a glitch.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Thanks for the reply guys, I tried looking online but without any luck. I’ll look again. I have no warning lights, which makes it difficult to diagnose. I’ll keep trying to look for answers idk if this is related to it but I went to the speedway for some spirited driving and deactivated my VDC and traction control for the first time (pedal dance). idk exactly when but a few moments after is when I started to notice the lack of pops and bangs
I recall reading somewhere that if you run into the fuel starvation issue it throws "stealth" codes that have to be cleared by the dealer. @ender_ong is who I believe ran into this issue.

I don't think it has to do with the pedal dance. If it is I'd be very interested in details on why and how it could be duplicated.

jopapiiii

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Hello there! I have had issues with my car (aside from that yet) taken to the dealer in which they reset the codes and all. when I went into sport+ mode pops and bangs disappeared. I really didn't want to take my car back because it was already gone for almost a full month. Drove around regularly and after 500 miles or so they honestly just came back. just like you no codes or anything of that nature. thought it was weird, but ever since no issues whatsoever. also milage on the car is about 7900

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Wonder if this could be a result of bad gas causing the ecu to retard timing, dunno if that would throw a CEL or not.
Might explain why jopapiiii's returned to normal after a tank cycle or two.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
I recall reading somewhere that if you run into the fuel starvation issue it throws "stealth" codes that have to be cleared by the dealer. @ender_ong is who I believe ran into this issue.

I don't think it has to do with the pedal dance. If it is I'd be very interested in details on why and how it could be duplicated.
I've had the "fuel starvation code" (don't ask me why), and while the check engine is present, there are no pops and bangs. The check engine will come off after 3 driving cycles. But my pops & bangs did not came back.

I will try erasing the code with a code reader to see if the pops and bangs come back... (might take a little while as I will be leaving for vacation soon).