• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone waiting for the AWE Tuning exhaust for their Type S?

BklynITS

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
I’m a huge fan of AWE Tuning and I’ve had their products on literally about a half dozen of my cars over the years. I reached out to their product team and they’re finalizing a system for our cars. In fact they just released the one for the Civic Type R but they said it is not an exact bolt on. Anyone else thinking about going this route also? Below is the link to their Honda version. Options should be similar for us.

https://awe-tuning.com/products/awe-exhaust-suite-for-fl5-honda-civic-type-r

IMG_5594.jpeg

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I think I read on CivicXI forums that their dyno testing showed +15 hp on the stock tune using this system on the FL5 (it includes a front pipe).

I'd want to see a third-party before / after measurement, but if I can get 10% increased hp (not to mention quicker spool time) with a catted downpipe and this exhaust, while running the stock tune and not voiding my warranty... yeah, I'd be interested.

Last edited:

nawfoo

First Name
Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
I loved it on my BMW. Expect to pay over $1500 for one.

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LCM/Red
I loved it on my BMW. Expect to pay over $1500 for one.
Depends on which version you go with but pricing should be inline with the FL5 version. That being said AWE is including a front pipe so its actually a pretty good deal.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
I think I read on CivicXI forums that their dyno testing showed +15 hp on the stock tune using this system on the FL5 (it includes a front pipe).

I'd want to see a third-party before / after measurement, but if I can get 10% increased hp (not to mention quicker spool time) with a catted downpipe and this exhaust, while running the stock tune and not voiding my warranty... yeah, I'd be interested.
+15hp seems pretty dubious to me, especially without a tune, unless the FL5 exhaust valving is a mess. This is coming from a smiliar 2.0T valved exhaust and going 3" netted me... ZERO, and that was with a "tune." I can see with an aggressive tune, and especially with a turbo upgrade making decent power with it, but typically these valved exhausts should be pretty free flowing at WOT.

Also, as a note, swapping out your downpipe will definitely lead to warranty red flags. Not saying they will deny it, but if you have turbo issues, they could easily point to your downpipe as the culprit. Unless of course your plan is to just swap back to stock, which would likely be fine and thankfully isn't too bad if you go with TI studs and anti-seize.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
+15hp seems pretty dubious to me, especially without a tune, unless the FL5 exhaust valving is a mess. This is coming from a smiliar 2.0T valved exhaust and going 3" netted me... ZERO, and that was with a "tune." I can see with an aggressive tune, and especially with a turbo upgrade making decent power with it, but typically these valved exhausts should be pretty free flowing at WOT.

Also, as a note, swapping out your downpipe will definitely lead to warranty red flags. Not saying they will deny it, but if you have turbo issues, they could easily point to your downpipe as the culprit. Unless of course your plan is to just swap back to stock, which would likely be fine and thankfully isn't too bad if you go with TI studs and anti-seize.
Agreed. I definitely want to see some third-party before / after before I invest.

I could see a dealer refusing to fix an O2 sensor issue. It's pretty hard to argue that a freer-flowing cat / pipe post-turbo is to blame for other hardware issues (if anything, it should boost reliability d/t lower temps, etc.), but to be safe, yes I would swap it (and recommend anyone else to, as well... don't trust dealerships, lol).

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LCM/Red

They do provide a dyno graph. Most of the time they are giving numbers under the curve and not peak numbers. Take it how you will but they do make quality exhausts and they always sound great.
1691182279079.png

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
The factory sounds so good. Not sure I want to mess that up.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Yeah I finally have another car I'm happy with how it sounds from the factory.

I also saw somewhere that another FL5 exhaust (I think it was the Milltek) actually reduced power. So not sure about that +14hp claim either.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
The stock exhaust does sound really good on this car, especially at low rpm, and the ability to swap between comfort / sport + is nice.

From the recordings I've heard of the AWE, it does sound better at wot at high rpm, though.

Assuming the implementation is the same as on their FL5 design (highly likely), you'd lose out on the valved implementation.

Tough call, even if we get some unaffiliated tests confirming the perf. benefits.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I'll wait for the Japanese brands first.
That probably won't happen. It's not available in Japan.

edit- well, upon second thought- why would they say no to money? But I'm concerned about the engineering effort, since they won't have the car on hand to develop (at least not as easily as a local customer bringing their car in...)

OP
OP
BklynITS

BklynITS

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
I started this post the other day with every intention of purchasing the AWE touring exhaust as soon as it became available. That was before driving my car more than the 15 delivery miles home. Since then I took it on a 150 mile trip on Friday and I must say I’m very pleased with how the car sounds. It’s the perfect volume at highway speeds and just enough growl at acceleration. I may look into a resonator delete section or something.