• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Type S exhaust note issue on sport+

OP
OP
integra__gang

integra__gang

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 integra Type S, ‘97 Integra LS, ‘95 integra SE
That's very high speed, low drag device - a lot more device than the typical garage mechanic would need that's for sure.
I have my own shop that’s why I have this scanner, but I’m sure a less expensive one would do the trick! The really cheap ones probably won’t, I’m talking about those <$20 scanners>

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I have my own shop that’s why I have this scanner, but I’m sure a less expensive one would do the trick! The really cheap ones probably won’t, I’m talking about those <$20 scanners>
I figured you’d be in that field!

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2022 RDX A-Spec
just to clear the confusion, the code that was causing the lack of pops and crackles was

P0219

the misfire codes were caused by the limp mode which makes the ignition timing retard while I was pushing the car pretty hard
P0129 is engine over speed. This code can not be permanently cleared. At this point means you have no powertrain warranty. Likely a miss shift and caused the engine to over rev

OP
OP
integra__gang

integra__gang

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 integra Type S, ‘97 Integra LS, ‘95 integra SE
P0129 is engine over speed. This code can not be permanently cleared. At this point means you have no powertrain warranty. Likely a miss shift and caused the engine to over rev
The code doesn’t show up anymore, I even checked it the day after. How do you know it stays permanently?

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The code doesn’t show up anymore, I even checked it the day after. How do you know it stays permanently?
It is stored inside the the ECU still it is a permanent code,
I wrote that code wrong p0219, I believe Acura can still see this occurred, they will not cover damage done from a “money shift” this was one reason the code was put into place on manuals

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Oh wow thank you for the heads up, I purchased extended warranty for engine & drivetrain. I might just cancel it so they refund me the money lol
They still have to cover any sensors , it mainly comes down to engine internal and trans. If your car still drives and pulls fine odds are you are ok. These engines are overbuilt and can take a little beating

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
oooh that's got me hot.

now tell me how much it cost so my boner goes away :rofl:
Did you see the price? I'm sure blood returned to the rest of your body.