• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Type S exhaust note issue on sport+

ender_ong

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Ridgeline RTLE white/black, 24 DE5 white/black
I've had the "fuel starvation code" (don't ask me why), and while the check engine is present, there are no pops and bangs. The check engine will come off after 3 driving cycles. But my pops & bangs did not came back.

I will try erasing the code with a code reader to see if the pops and bangs come back... (might take a little while as I will be leaving for vacation soon).
After getting fuel starvation codes, I cleared codes with a code reader, but pops and bangs did not come back. Had to take the car into dealer for them to clear the codes (under warranty), and everything was good after that

OP
OP
integra__gang

integra__gang

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜24 integra Type S, ā€˜97 Integra LS, ā€˜95 integra SE
After getting fuel starvation codes, I cleared codes with a code reader, but pops and bangs did not come back. Had to take the car into dealer for them to clear the codes (under warranty), and everything was good after that
Iā€™m glad your issue was resolved, luckily I never got a CEL but on the downside it makes it hard to diagnose the problem. Do you think the OBDII scanner from the dealer are just the expensive Snap on/Matco scanners? I have access to a few of those expensive scanners

ender_ong

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Ridgeline RTLE white/black, 24 DE5 white/black
Iā€™m glad your issue was resolved, luckily I never got a CEL but on the downside it makes it hard to diagnose the problem. Do you think the OBDII scanner from the dealer are just the expensive Snap on/Matco scanners? I have access to a few of those expensive scanners
I canā€™t speak on what scanners the dealer uses, I just know that it has more capabilities than the puny Bluetooth dongle one I have. Perhaps @NecroFIesh can chime in, heā€™s a dealer tech, if Iā€™m not mistaken

MidwestDE5

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra type s, 21 Audi A5, 15 GMC Sierra
Have you considered that it might be the exhaust valve getting stuck closed? Can you tell if the exhaust is coming out of the center tip?

jopapiiii

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
mine fully works. always checked it before hand, plus i would hear it once spot+ mode is engaged

OP
OP
integra__gang

integra__gang

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Have you considered that it might be the exhaust valve getting stuck closed? Can you tell if the exhaust is coming out of the center tip?
The valve is working fine you can hear the sound change when you put it in comfort mode and sport+ you can actually see it too so I know the valve isn't the issue. I think itā€™s some tuning related problem maybe some sort of limp mode but thereā€™s no warning lights, my vacuum sits at -9.3 @idle and before it was always more than -10.5 the lowest vacuum would reach -10.0 on idle

OP
OP
integra__gang

integra__gang

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
+update! I solved the issue!

I plugged in a high end OBDII scanner, and I found the issue, it went into a limp mode but there was no warning lights I attached a picture for you guys, hope that helps! I just cleared the codes and back to normal, pop pop pop šŸ’„šŸ˜

IMG_9522.jpeg

OP
OP
integra__gang

integra__gang

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you for everyone that responded and engaged with the thread, every one of you is appreciated šŸ¤

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
hmmm. what was the specific code you reset? "TPMS" line in the pic above?

glad you got it figured out.

jopapiiii

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Isnā€™t that the tire pressure monitoring system? And huh, guess thatā€™s what happened to my car and it went away, thank god. Amen either, glad itā€™s fixed!

OP
OP
integra__gang

integra__gang

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Isnā€™t that the tire pressure monitoring system? And huh, guess thatā€™s what happened to my car and it went away, thank god. Amen either, glad itā€™s fixed!
Yeah it shows every code that was ever presented, I took my car to Las Vegas Motor Speedway and lowered the tire pressure for more traction, also i remember exactly when the car went to limp mode

so basically I did the peddle dance, and on my 3rd run I sent the car tooo hard and some notification on my dashboard turned on and I ignored it since I was focused on the 1/4 mile run, ā€œIā€™ll see what it says once Iā€™m done with my runā€ thatā€™s what I thought. Then when I was done with my run the message was gone, I never had the CEL on though.. which is why I was puzzled the whole time, I guess the notification on the dashboard was that the car went into limp mode but I never noticed it. I was too excited about racing that I didnā€™t even notice the lack of pops till later

OP
OP
integra__gang

integra__gang

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
hmmm. what was the specific code you reset? "TPMS" line in the pic above?

glad you got it figured out.
I reset every single code that was saved on it, I did a complete reset

OP
OP
integra__gang

integra__gang

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
just to clear the confusion, the code that was causing the lack of pops and crackles was

P0219

the misfire codes were caused by the limp mode which makes the ignition timing retard while I was pushing the car pretty hard

Brodgo27

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
+update! I solved the issue!

I plugged in a high end OBDII scanner, and I found the issue, it went into a limp mode but there was no warning lights I attached a picture for you guys, hope that helps! I just cleared the codes and back to normal, pop pop pop šŸ’„šŸ˜

IMG_9522.jpeg
What scanner do you use?